Transfer window - January sales

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:26 pm

With Milan Baros out till at least march I wonder wether GH will be tempted to swoop into the transfer market over xmas and buy Cisse from Auxerre,who are struggling at the moment.Boumsong would be a handy addition with Jamie out for the rest of the season.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:29 am

A good point about Cisse SS. I have a mate in Leeds and he has heard that if Heskey does not cut the mustard between now and Christmas, GH may move for Alan Smith or Mark Viduka - swapping Heskey! Looking at the way Leeds played last night I think both of these players will be on the move in the new year anyway.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gray » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:14 pm

The boumsong transfer should have happened in the summer just gone if you ask me. With Cara out and Babbel on loan at Bburn all season we are starting to look very lightweight at the back. To be fair to Igor he has never looked like a centre half and in my view never will. And i hate to say it but Stefan's injury problems are becoming increasingly worrying. He hasnt had a full season since we won the treble.

Cisse will be a red but only in the summer according to both him and GH. I for one would give the boy Pongolle a run. Lets not forget that we also have heskey,kewell and also smicer and diouf that can either play up with Magic or just off him.

I would like us to goout and sign somebody with experiance and presence. Someone like Conte from juve, someone in the gary mac mould.

As for Viduka and smith, well, viduka plays and performs when it suits him. and alan smith spends more time in early baths and at the F.A headquarters than he does scoring goals!
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

gray

Postby oldredeyes » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:03 pm

Your right about Viduka and Smith, they wouldn't be any improvement on what we already have. I think the rumour was started by GH to fire Emile up!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:01 pm

It was reported Cisse has declared he will be joining Liverpool in the summer.Wether the signing is brought forward to this January,it's a case of watch this space.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:33 pm

Rumours will grow if the results don't improve....
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion