Who will you transfer list? - For the january transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:37 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
frank wrote:this team bores me .

we all know benitez will bring in some unknown name and try to kid us he is amazing,just like he did with gonzales.

this transfer window holds zero excitment for me.

i love liverpool but i've reached the point of boredom,to me its all too predictable whats going to happen next.

every other teams fans can see we are going nowhere with benitez, but like with all the other managers we remain blinkered and keep them in the job even though their time is up.

there is a saying that liverpool crowd know their football, but i think that myth has been laid to rest.

you come on here and swear and threaten violence but don't get banned,but people who are not agressive but tell it like it is gets banned.

i'm not a manu or everton fan i'm a liverpool fan.

Do you really think we are boring or are we just CHEESY? ???

Bob you just stole my line :laugh: How Cheesey is that

And in reply to Frank i was gonna be really nice to people today but after readin what you just wrote lad :censored: OFF
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:44 pm

Lose either Kuyt or Voronin to secure another top quality striker....although we may have to wait until the summer to bring anyone in who is of the right quality.

I'd also bring in Woodgate for CB cover until Hobbs is ready for the first team.

He wouldn't cost much.

I'd also secure Masch of course.

We need two strikers of top class quality....seeing how Torres can make such a difference to the side has shown how our other strikers are of a lesser quality.
mkingdom

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:48 pm

we all know benitez will bring in some unknown name and try to kid us he is amazing,just like he did with gonzales.

i love liverpool but i've reached the point of boredom,to me its all too predictable whats going to happen next.

every other teams fans can see we are going nowhere with benitez, but like with all the other managers we remain blinkered and keep them in the job even though their time is up.

there is a saying that liverpool crowd know their football, but i think that myth has been laid to rest.

you come on here and swear and threaten violence but don't get banned,but people who are not agressive but tell it like it is gets banned.

Most people wait until they've made more than one post before they start having a dig at the "liverpool crowd" and the way this forum is run.

Maybe your looking for a ruck or you're just thick . I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're thick , for now.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby frank » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:10 pm

have a look at who started the abuse..it sure as hell ain't me.
frank

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:26 pm

frank wrote:have a look at who started the abuse..it sure as hell ain't me.

Your whinging bores me...it's all too predictable.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:28 pm

Frank, after your digs at the liverpool crowd and the way this forum is run , being told to :censored: OFF  is almost a term of endearment .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby frank » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:32 pm

whats going on here have i stepped into the twiglet zone or something.
frank

Postby holylamb2006 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:40 pm

Pshhhhhhhhhhhh.... few name here

I think we should sell Kuyt , Voronin , Pennant , Carson , Sami ( if we can get another cb ) , Sissoko , ....

I think we should buy Bentley , Robbie Keane , ujsaha ( cant spell his name ) ...
holylamb2006

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:16 pm

As I keep saying, we have a striker capable of scoring goals and able to beat most defenders for pace in Ryan Babel. He surely should now be played up there and hopefully shift some of the burden on Torres who looked f#cked yesterday?

None of Kuyt, Voronin and Crouch are good enough for us as regular first team starters and therein lies the problem. Ok Crouch offers a threat because of his size although in all fairness his aerial ability isn't that good. I like the lad and still see him as our number two striker but for me that is just an indication of poor our other strikers bar Torres are.

Kuyt offers a huge workrate and helps the midfield out but for me our strongest line up could potentially be Alonso and Mascherano in midfield with Gerrard doing Kuyts job. Voronin doesnt really offer anything more then Kuyt does but possibly has slighty better creativity then Dirk. However he's also petered out after a bright start to his Anfield career.

We have one too many midfielders but for me we also have one too many strikers so if the opportunity arose i would sell one of each. Whichever way you look at it, it would appear that Sissoko is on his way. Lack of pace in the wide areas is also evident for all to see. I thought Kewell had a good first half yesterday before his fitness caught up with him and with a pacey winger yesterday i think we would have hammered City.

Agger and Carra are the best pairings for Liverpool and i cant see the point of splashing out big cash of a defender. I think a defender who is in his early thirties who can play as back up allowing us in a couple of seasons to splash the cash on a potential replacement for Carra.

Ive got to be honest are full backs are good defenders but not so good attackers which is one of the reasons we have little width but thats something i would address in the summer.

For me priority is a pacey winger who ideally can play either wing. Push forward Babel as a striker and sign an experienced defender such as Heinze or Khaladze (sp) who can cover left back but also play just as well at centre half.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:03 am

Personally, I would like to get rid of Carson, Sissoko, and one of Crouch or Kuyt

and with that money (plus a little extra) bring in Anelka, secure Masha and bring in a back-up defender.

Ideally I'd sell risse too and bring in someone like Heinze who can play LB and CB, but January may not be the best time to do that.

I also go along with the notion of buying a winger, but i feel that may have to wait till the summer
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:12 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:He is an absolute bellend, that bloke.

Pretty much every football person in the land probably assumed that we don't have a great deal of cash to throw about in the window, so what does Curly Sue do just as it's about to open? Give agents and clubs verbal notice that - actually, we're not as poor as you may have thought - so they can hold out for more in transfer fees and salaries. Uncertainty about our finances was a real ace up our sleeve, and he's just gone and spunked it away for a f*cking soundbite.

Honest to god I really do not understand how he's anything at any club, let alone ours. Never there when you think he should be, and always popping up like a f*cking zit when you really could do without it.

:D

Agreed.
66-1112520797

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:25 pm

I hope we dont sell Robbie Threlfall, I hear Hereford United might be looking to keep him.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Riise can go, use the money to buy a £6 million rated centre half whoever that may be. Allowing Insua to move up a place in the pecking order at left back.

Momo out, Javier to sign a permanent deal.

Kuyt out for a decent price, replaced by a poacher in the mould of Klose or Huntelaar.

If this were to happen during January, i'd be satisfied.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:49 pm

Wow another great fan i see
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:51 pm

Redman in wales wrote:Personally, I would like to get rid of Carson, Sissoko, and one of Crouch or Kuyt

and with that money (plus a little extra) bring in Anelka, secure Masha and bring in a back-up defender.

Ideally I'd sell risse too and bring in someone like Heinze who can play LB and CB, but January may not be the best time to do that.

I also go along with the notion of buying a winger, but i feel that may have to wait till the summer

we can't get all that , we're looking at at least 30 mill to sign those players and with the players we sold , it's not gonna be enough , unless the board tops up a bit
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion