Who will you transfer list? - For the january transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:14 am

I wonder if any real quality players want to join us now?  Who'd want to come to a club where the morale is so low and where the manager's future is so uncertain? 

I think we should forget about any quality players coming in Jan, maybe just a decent CB for cover.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:50 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Finally....

Rafa, ship him out ASAP
Now if we can find buyers for Kuyt and Voronin....whoo hoo..

http://football-corner.blogspot.com/2008....on.html

Serie A side make bid for £8 million Liverpool star!

Juventus have made a loan bid for Liverpool midfielder, Momo Sissoko according to reports in The Sun today.

As a Liverpool fan, I personally feel that we should sell him now if we can before they see how bad he really is. In truth he just hasn't been the same since his eye injury last year.

Would I accept a loan bid ? Hmmm... I'm not too sure, ideally I would like to sell him altogether but maybe a season away from the Premier League might help him refind his form.

But it's not like we need him I mean if we get Mascherano, we'll have Lucas and Alonso as well. What do you think Reds fans?Should we loan him out to Juve or should we wait and hold out for a possible £8 million bid?

Well if that sh*trag says it, then it MUST be f*cking true!!!

Think about what you're posting lad, before you upset someone.

upset who ?
sissoko ?

you ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bretc » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:40 am

Riise, Sissoko, Kuyt, Voronin will be top on my outgoing transfer list! Use the cash to sign Masch permanently and get a decent central defender. Babel can double up as a striker too.

If there's enough cash left, get a striker that can at least hit the target and not away from the target.
Bretc

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:46 am

Bretc wrote:Riise, Sissoko, Kuyt, Voronin will be top on my outgoing transfer list! Use the cash to sign Masch permanently and get a decent central defender. Babel can double up as a striker too.

If there's enough cash left, get a striker that can at least hit the target and not away from the target.

agree with all that apart from lets not buy another striker till summer and play babel there and buy a class winger !
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:52 am

just liek to say tho on a side note i do feel sorry for rafa he was right about gerrard to a degree that he is more effective as a right side midfielder in this liverpool team just due to fact we have such a lack of good crossers in team i like to see him play gerrard there more since now we have a massive gulf of good center midfielders.

alonso , masch
masch , lucas
lucas , alonso

3 ways to play them nice for rotation hehe.

babel and torres up front be nice for a few games worth trying it to see how it turns out might be poor 1 2 games but hope he trys them soon he got nothing to lose now.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:41 am

Yes, I agree Gerrard must play on the right until we get a really good winger or two.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby pokster » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Updated: Jan. 7, 2008
Liverpool close in record deal for defender

Liverpool are on the brink of breaking their transfer record for a defender while insisting that boss Rafael Benitez's job is not up for discussion when chief executive Rick Parry holds talks with the club's American owners later this week.

Benitez is about to spend £6.5million on Zenit St Petersburg centre-back Martin Skrtel, the Slovakia international.

The player was due to have a medical today having arrived on Merseyside on Sunday evening, hours after Liverpool had been embarrassingly held 1-1 at Luton in the FA Cup third round.

The replay will now be at Anfield next Tuesday, with the added incentive of a potential home fourth round tie against non-league Havant and Waterlooville or Swansea, who must also replay next week after a 1-1 draw in South Wales at the weekend.

Chief executive Parry was in Russia at the weekend concluding negotiations for Skrtel, and returned to pour cold water on claims that he was flying to the US later in the week for talks with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett over Benitez's future.

Liverpool's tie at Kenilworth Road was overshadowed by media speculation that Benitez would be sacked at the end of the season.

Hicks and Gillett have already announced that they would be making a decision this week on the design of the revised new stadium plans.

But Parry pointed out today in the Liverpool Echo: 'The appointment is a diary engagement to discuss the new stadium plans, it has been in the diary for a long time to discuss the stadium.'

Skrtel, who was last in Liverpool in early December to play for Zenit against Everton in the UEFA Cup, is rated as one of the most promising young defenders in Europe.

The deal will mark the end of Benitez's search for a new centre-half that began with the unsuccessful pursuit of Gabriel Heinze and which became increasingly urgent in recent weeks following injuries to both Daniel Agger and Sami Hyypia.

Skrtel, 23, has 15 caps and joined Zenit in 2004 and has gone on to make more than 100 appearances in the Russian league.

Benitez's defensive problems started when Agger damaged a metatarsal in September, and he has still not returned to action.

Hyypia made his comeback at Luton from an ankle injury sustained at Derby on Boxing Day, but he looked rusty and short of pace.

Benitez has had to use Alvaro Arbeloa in central defence, but a calf injury ruled the Spaniard out at Luton, and 19 year-old Jack Hobbs was on the bench as the only other option.

Benitez will be keen to see the deal for 6ft 4in tall Skrtel tied up as quick as possible so he can be added to the Liverpool squad, possibly even in time for the trip to Middlesbrough on Saturday.
pokster

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Is he worth £6.5m? My only worry is our strike force is so ineffective that we might be signing a defender just as Agger should be nearing a return and we need less territorials up front and more regulars ie troops that don't fire so many blanks.

And I was hoping we'd sell a few, nothing worse than bringing in more players and retaining wastes of space. It also gives the feeling the club has money for transfers, sell Crouch and Kuyt for £15m+ combined and we'll have a known budget - or at least we'll think we do!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:31 pm

We'll just have to wait and see if he was worth it if he signs.  I think he's meant to be a replacement for Carragher down the road.   

But I have a bad feeling we won't be selling any of our under performers in Jan.  I think all the major transfers will take place in the summer.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:55 pm

augero please

that boy is the creative genius we have been looking for

can play just in behind torres, can score plenty of goals and has the guile that we lack
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby pokster » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:22 am

Owzat wrote:Is he worth £6.5m? My only worry is our strike force is so ineffective that we might be signing a defender just as Agger should be nearing a return and we need less territorials up front and more regulars ie troops that don't fire so many blanks.

And I was hoping we'd sell a few, nothing worse than bringing in more players and retaining wastes of space. It also gives the feeling the club has money for transfers, sell Crouch and Kuyt for £15m+ combined and we'll have a known budget - or at least we'll think we do!

Hopefully that this Martin fella could be a revelation like Vidic.
pokster

Postby club_Levis » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:32 am

Owzat wrote:Is he worth £6.5m? My only worry is our strike force is so ineffective that we might be signing a defender just as Agger should be nearing a return and we need less territorials up front and more regulars ie troops that don't fire so many blanks.

Nothing strange Owzat....We normally overpay for players since Rafa took over..
club_Levis

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:46 pm

The announcer during the Arsenal/Spurs match just said that Ramos has told Defoe that he can leave.

Defoe for Liverpool?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby inglis5 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:20 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:The announcer during the Arsenal/Spurs match just said that Ramos has told Defoe that he can leave.

Defoe for Liverpool?

Not with that haircut! Did you see it tonight??? It looked glued on...

Seriously, I think Defoe would be a better option than Kuyt or Voronin but I'm not too sure if he's the ideal partner for Torres, both being quite selfish and direct.

Would prefer us to save the cash and get another top-class striker in the summer (Villa, Berbatov, Ibrahimovich etc). Play Babel and Crouch up front until then.

Anyway, if we did have the kind of money that Defoe would cost (£10-£15 million) then Anelka would be my choice.
inglis5

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:43 am

Defoe to Liverpool?  If that were to happen, I'd loose all faith in Rafa.
ruskiy playmaker

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion