Who will you transfer list? - For the january transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:57 pm

I would transfer list / sell Carson, Voronin, Crouch...

would like to try to buy van der Vaart from Hamburg and Philipe Mexes from AS Roma
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:59 pm

teamleader1 wrote:Just take one look at the top scorers chart,
Anelka with 10 prem goals, availible for 10ml, would crawl back to Anfield to play alongside Torres (who wouldnte?)

it would be crimminal if we dont sell Crouch to city and get Anelka in,
him and Torres could just blast us right back into contention.

A lack of major activity in the Jan window will say everything about the yanks true intentions.

anelka is good I agree... but I have my doubts about whether he would make a good partnership with Torres... both are similar... they are strikers who would wanna receive the last ball...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:05 pm

maguskwt wrote:I have my doubts about whether he would make a good partnership with Torres... both are similar... they are strikers who would wanna receive the last ball...

more importantly they are both world class. i don't see what the problem would be. intelligent footballers can play together. just look at rooney and tevez for example. most said they couldn't play together.

anyway, it's all irrelevant as far as i'm concerned as the guy's as good as signed for chelsea already.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:08 pm

stmichael wrote:

i actually agree with you on the second striker business but that then throws up the question of systems. to play a second striker you essentailly play a 4-4-1-1.
not neccessarily mate... it can still be 4-2-2

this talk of david silva from valencia is interesting although i thought he was a left sided player. can he play as a second striker does anyone know?

I think he's more of a wide player... would be best suited for 4-3-3 certainly very skillful and would be better than any of our current wingers... but will rafa go for him? i don't know... rafa said last time pablo aimer was too small for the premiership and silva is just as small...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:14 pm

I really don't think it's going to be a busy window for us at all. I can see Carson's move being made permanent, but other than that I wouldn't be surprised if the personnel currently at the club all remained until summer now.

That said though, players I wouldn't mind seeing leave:
Carson
Sissoko
Kuyt

The likes of Aurelio and Voronin are decent squad players, both of whom came in on freebies and neither of whom are at the top end of the wage bill. Aurelio also offers an alternative for left wing if Kewell's injuries rear their head again. I really don't get why he's had so much flak in recent weeks - once he's fully match fit (which he currently isn't), he's a fine option all along the left.

Crouch I think is a very important player for us, and potentially a very unique foil for Torres up front. They haven't hit it off just yet, but it's a combination I can definitely see working.
ivor_the_injun

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:14 pm

stmichael wrote:
maguskwt wrote:I have my doubts about whether he would make a good partnership with Torres... both are similar... they are strikers who would wanna receive the last ball...

more importantly they are both world class. i don't see what the problem would be. intelligent footballers can play together. just look at rooney and tevez for example. most said they couldn't play together.

anyway, it's all irrelevant as far as i'm concerned as the guy's as good as signed for chelsea already.

ah... the difference is, you see, if you put a number on the strikers in a 4-2-2 formatio... both anelka and torres are number 1 strikers ie they are finishers... they will be selfish they will attack the goal with single mindedness because that's their jobs... whereas rooney and tevez are typically number 2 strikers... they can carry the ball better, they can dribble better, they are willing to look for open teammates they can create... the reason roonye and tevez partnership worked is because they are both number 2 strikers looking for each other and also because rooney has learned to finish like a number 1 striker whereas in the past he only thought about hitting the ball with power...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:09 pm

Torres was known in spain for his assists as well as his goals, Anelka is also a team player, I dont remember him being selfish when we had him on loan,
and as for who feeds who in the 1st & 2nd striker roles, isnte that what the MF players do?
a Torres/Anelka partnership would revel in the service from our MF,
Would Anelka choose Chelsea over us?
Not a chance, hes stated many times that LFC is the best club hes ever been at, and how he would love to return one day
Hes perfect for us, and could just help bring us the title this season.
teamleader1

Postby whylongball? » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:20 pm

teamleader1, i was thinking about Anelka as well. The guy can hold, assist and score. The Torres and Anelka partnership would offer so much more than Rooney and Tevez.
And stmichael, completely agree with you, good players can click straight away. If we could get Anelka, we could go for a long long run..As for chelsea link, where is your source?
whylongball?

Postby saetiakidLFC » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:23 pm

A second striker that is nearer to the quality of Torres, he makes Crouch and Voronin and kuyt look rubbish. A fast pacey winger who not only cuts in through the centre and take it past people but can whip quality balls into the box. A CB a strong player, young and fast!

OUT:
Sissoko - We simply dont need him and i dont think staying at Liverpool would do his carrer or are tittle chances any good.
Voronin - Hasnt settled, i know its early and he could turn around and be fantastic player but we need someone now!
Crouch - Unfair that he isnt being played and from an england supporter he needs football.
Kuyt - I love Dirk Kuyt but he dsnt score enough goals. Rather Voronon/Crouch go before him though.
Carson - Looks likely to happen anyway.

-

IN:
Pandev - Fast and skillfull i cant see him feeding any balls in to other forward players but thats what the midfileds for!
Silva - Ticks all the right boxes for me, fast, good shot and brilliant cross.
Miccah Richards - Would be brilliant at the club, good in wide areas and centeral.
Anelka - His form for bolton this season has been brilliant and Bolton arent the best side as of lately so imagine him infront of the best midfield in England would be amazing.
Last edited by saetiakidLFC on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saetiakidLFC

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:18 am

I honestly can't see us going for Richards as he would cost around £20million. Our new owners nearly burst a blood vessel paying that much for a top striker (Torres), imagine asking them to pay so much for a fullback/CB :D
account deleted by request

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:35 am

I like that list saetiakidLFC, but as S@int said I don't really see Richards coming here.  I think that he's an wonderful player but why spend so much on him.  We could get a young foreign defender as good as him for half the price.  I think this Jan. though, Rafa will go for Ujfalusi.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby saetiakidLFC » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:19 am

I havnt seen enough of Ujfalusi to judge, If we sign him we'd have the team with the most hair in the premiership lol. Saying that Yossi's had a trim.
saetiakidLFC

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:23 am

whylongball? wrote:teamleader1, i was thinking about Anelka as well. The guy can hold, assist and score. The Torres and Anelka partnership would offer so much more than Rooney and Tevez.
And stmichael, completely agree with you, good players can click straight away. If we could get Anelka, we could go for a long long run..As for chelsea link, where is your source?

Anelka will jump at a chance to join us... I am sure we can do a deal with bolton....

Kuyt + Voronin + Sissoko for Anelka.....  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:26 am

stmichael wrote:
s@int wrote:I would sell Crouch and keep the rest myself, buy a top class second striker and a CB THEN GO ON AND WIN THE TITLE.

easy as that. :D

i actually agree with you on the second striker business but that then throws up the question of systems. to play a second striker you essentailly play a 4-4-1-1. for me, the best player we have to play in this position at the moment is benayoun, but that then leaves the right side open to debate again. personally i think the personnel we have is perfect to play a 4-3-3, if we get a top quality left winger to play on the left of a front three, with babel on the right and torres down the middle.

this talk of david silva from valencia is interesting although i thought he was a left sided player. can he play as a second striker does anyone know?

Well...pennant come back in january...so what do u think of this 4-4-1-1

Reina
   Arbeloa   Carra   Agger   Riise
   Pennant   Mash   Gerrard  Kewell
                   Benayoun
                    Torres
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zirgoz » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:35 am

GUYS!!! LATEST...

...PHOTOSHOP ARTWORK BY ME  :D