January transfer window - Ins and outs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:57 am

After a dissapointing return this season in front of goal I suppose it is no surprise we are already being linked wit new strikers..

The Independent...
Reds seek Caracciolo swoop
Liverpool have reportedly targeted Palermo striker Andrea Caracciolo to solve their scoring problems.

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport the Reds had scouts in the stands for the Italian club's UEFA Cup victory at Eintracht Frankfurt last week and are keen on the powerful forward.

Caracciolo, part of a Palermo squad which sit level at the top of Serie A with Inter, was linked with West Ham in the summer but could now move to Anfield in the January transfer window.

The Hammers of course were knocked out of the UEFA Cup earlier this season by Palermo, with Caracciolo one of the scorers in the 4-0 aggregate triumph.

Meanwhile Liverpool are also believed to be been keeping tabs on Piacenza's exciting young striker Daniele Caccia.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:43 pm

dawson99 wrote:Im just waiting for someone to say beckham

{me saying it just then didnt count...right?   right} :D

Do you know what mate i might get slated for this but if it was on loan for half a season i'd take Beckham, he would be desperate to impress and would allow Gerrard to play in the centre, the strikers would get very good crosses into the box to feed off as well.
Its not very likely but if it was an option (on loan) i would actually consider it.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:52 pm

As some have already said, the playing staff we have aren't the problem.  And I also don't think we can blame our problems on just one thing.

Away trips to the bitters, the scum, Chelsea and Bolton while we were trying to integrate 5 or 6 new players into the first team squad, combined with some inexplicable squad rotation and the awful form of our 4 best players last season (Alonso, Gerrard, Carra and Reina) have all contributed.

But we can't change that.  There are a hell of a lot of points still to play for and all the other big boys still have to come to Anfield when hopefully we'll have got things sorted.  Things can change very quickly in football.

Back on topic the only signing we might possibly make is a right back, probably Lucas Neill the way things are looking, whether you rate him or not.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jizz » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:

Do you know what mate i might get slated for this but if it was on loan for half a season i'd take Beckham, he would be desperate to impress and would allow Gerrard to play in the centre, the strikers would get very good crosses into the box to feed off as well.
Its not very likely but if it was an option (on loan) i would actually consider it.

as mad as it sounds it might not be a bad thing, but didnt he say he could not play for anyone else other than manure..?
jizz

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:09 pm

jizz wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

as mad as it sounds it might not be a bad thing, but didnt he say he could not play for anyone else other than manure..?

He did, and it would never happen, but i think it wouldnt be as bad a signing as most would indicate.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:09 pm

I think all we need is a right back to cover Steve Finnan and also offer some stiff competition. It looks like the only right back available to us is Lucas Neill.
67-1161385641

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:11 pm

I know our team is designed to be a perfect combination of talent that is supposed to be able to gel well together, given proper time, but other than Stevie G, I don't think we have any player that is putting the fear of God in any opposing teams, and even Gerrard hasn't been his super human self this season.  I know Chelsea is more like a collection of the best money talent can buy than a football squad, but they do have players that would keep other managers up all night worrying about.  Not saying that we should spend like chelsea, don't that we could if we wanted, but I don't even get the feeling that our team is built around our obvious best player and captain.  He doesn't even have a usual definate spot in the lineup FFS.  I know he is versitle, and thats part of what makes him great, but I feel like Gerrards spot should be written in stone and then pencil in the rest of the lineup around him.
JoeTerp

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:51 pm

If we get in a right back to cover Finnan and a central midfielder to replace Zenden I would be a happy man.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:02 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:If we get in a right back to cover Finnan and a central midfielder to replace Zenden I would be a happy man.

I agree entirely, Zenden is just diabolical both on and off the ball. The question is will we have enough money and who will we sign?
67-1161385641

Postby puroresu » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:30 pm

I cant imagine much money being there.  Rafa seemed to spend every last bit in the summer.
puroresu

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:35 pm

puroresu wrote:I cant imagine much money being there.  Rafa seemed to spend every last bit in the summer.

true. and now the new ground is (apparently) definately maybe going ahead, there will be even less money each summer.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:43 pm

Hamann is under fire at Man City after the 4-0 drubbing. As they obviously cant appreciate class, lets get him back for a bit. If nothing else ,we could always play him in the CL final again. (you have doubts we will get there?)
account deleted by request

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:50 pm

s@int wrote:Hamann is under fire at Man City after the 4-0 drubbing. As they obviously cant appreciate class, lets get him back for a bit. If nothing else ,we could always play him in the CL final again. (you have doubts we will get there?)

Here here,  I still think he's got a couple of seasons left.  Bring him back.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion