Injury list - Come january

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Matt D » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:25 am

I for one hope that the injury list has seen enough casulties this year and come January we will have a good strong squad with players to fill in positions if any players are lacking in their department. For one i think we have not had enough options on the flanks and looking forward to  the new year we will have options of Nunez / rissle / finnan / Kewell / Smicer / Warnock / Garcia.
Now if i am being honest i would prefer to see Risle or maybe Warnock on the left side as they both have the skill and pace to take players on and get in a good cross into the box and Risle with his powerful left peg isnt afraid to have a pop shot from anywhere - as we have seen this season.
On the right - well thats anyones guess. Finnans hasnt played to bad infact he has performed quite well on the right but at the present time i think he needs to replace Josemi who has lost his way a little. Garcia i think is best playing more central just behind the forwards but after the Arsnenal game so is Stevie G. So i think it is out of Nunez and Smicer.
Now no one really knows alot about Nunez and it would be good to see what he is like in a full game - fingers crossed he is what we have been looking for, and then there is Smicer. Now i quite liked Smicer last season - i know i may get some fingers pointed in my direction and a few laughs but i really did rate him through last season when he played. It will be good to see what RB can do for him because he was a 10 times better player than Biscan was and now look at him he has become a somewhat hero and starting to show potential.
As for Kewell well i am not convinced i think if he does not go in January he needs time away from the premiership matches, to work on his fitness, lose those extra pounds he looks like he is carrying and if he still has injuries he needs to get them sorted and pretty quickly. If it is confidence then there is only one man who can retore that and that is himself by playing the the kind of football we bought him for thus getting the fans singing his name and back on his side.

Realistically in January where should we stenghthen - in my opinion if we have the money i think we could do with a centre back and a forward - what is your opinion???

Otherwise i believe we have a team that can potentialy finish in the top 3
Matt D

Postby ToTinho » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:37 am

Good post mate ..
ToTinho

Postby Matt D » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:13 pm

cheers
Matt D

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:22 pm

Who is this Risla person you refer to ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:32 pm

I think he means Rizzla the fag papers maybe?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:33 pm

Green are the best
Two skinners as well three skins are for amateurs
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:42 pm

I prefer the Big Silver Rizla's  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Matt D » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:08 pm

only mentioned his name twice and one of them was correct- not bad for me 1 in two. thank ****** a Greek doent play for us or i would have difficulty.
Enough of that which is our best wingers come January and who in your opinion do we need to buy if the money is right
Matt D

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion