January transfer window - Ins and outs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jizz » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:35 pm

yes we need cover for finnan, but not because he isnt up to it just if he is injured there is no one there to cover...i have said it before we need a henry / v.nistelroy etc... if we are to challenge you need a striker getting 20+ a season
jizz

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:07 pm

I hope we splash the cash on Dani Alves as he is fooking amazing. Probably replace finnan or pennant.

Other than that i cant see any other buys we might make. Possibly a centre midfield as replacement for Zenden (who isnt that great) :(
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jizz » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:20 pm

Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:I hope we splash the cash on Dani Alves as he is fooking amazing. Probably replace finnan or pennant.

Other than that i cant see any other buys we might make. Possibly a centre midfield as replacement for Zenden (who isnt that great) :(

zenden & great in the same sentance   ???
jizz

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:22 pm

Zenden is exactly what we signed.  A free transfer player who was brought in as cover for the left and central midfield
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jizz » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:25 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Zenden is exactly what we signed.  A free transfer player who was brought in as cover for the left and central midfield

he is still not liverpool standard in my eyes
jizz

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:27 pm

I'm not going to pass any comment on Zenden, I resolved not to this season and am determined to stick to my resolution although sometimes it isn't easy.

On the question of squad strengthening, the obvious area is right-back as it appears that Finnan is the only one we have. The other, depending on the likelyhood of us seeing Kewell anytime soon/ever again is a left-sided midfield player.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:52 pm

I agree w/ 7_k on Bolo.  We got what we paid for on that one.  I also agree that with those who say we are simply on a bad patch right now.  We lost plenty of lads to injuries after the international break, and we still have several out.  Once everyone gets settled again, we can get the boys in training, and work out the kinks.

Its not as we have had the easiest of stretches of matches lately.  We need to get our teeth into some minnows like Wigan and Watford.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jizz » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:57 pm

jeffiroquai wrote:I agree w/ 7_k on Bolo.  We got what we paid for on that one.  I also agree that with those who say we are simply on a bad patch right now.  We lost plenty of lads to injuries after the international break, and we still have several out.  Once everyone gets settled again, we can get the boys in training, and work out the kinks.

Its not as we have had the easiest of stretches of matches lately.  We need to get our teeth into some minnows like Wigan and Watford.

we got what we paid for.? fair enough but raffa should never have signed him, if he was that good he would still be with chelzki / barca, he offers nothing to the team, in all honesty when he come's on as a sub or starts the game does anyone go.. " great zenden is playing we will hammer these "..? though not
jizz

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:58 pm

Cover for Finnan is most pressing, given that he has looked below par in a Liverpool shirt and abysmal (Cyprus  :help  ) in an Ireland shirt this season.

In the long term I think we could do with a talisman, a link player who could play across the front or out wide who could change games with a flash of brilliance when we are playing poorly, a Zola, Bergkamp or Contona. For me, Garcia, who tries to be in that mould, simply isn't good enough (he has his talents and his plus factors, but not quite good enough to be a major difference when the chips are down).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jkop » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:59 pm

dawson99 wrote:Im just waiting for someone to say beckham

{me saying it just then didnt count...right?   right} :D

:D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:07 pm

JBG wrote:In the long term I think we could do with a talisman, a link player who could play across the front or out wide who could change games with a flash of brilliance when we are playing poorly, a Zola, Bergkamp or Contona.

mr Yari Litmanen for example??

what a player

:bowdown
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:27 pm

normally this would go in the rumours thread.. but it seems relevent to this topic:

Neill shuns fresh Rovers deal
By Graeme Bailey -  Created on 23 Oct 2006

Lucas Neill is believed to have turned down Blackburn's latest contract offer.

The Australian international saw a deadline day move to Liverpool fall through, while Newcastle and Tottenham also showed interest along with European champions Barcelona.

Blackburn stood firm in August, insisting they wanted Neill to stay.

However, he has less than 12 months left on his current deal and in January he will be free to talk with any interested parties with a view to signing a pre-contract ahead of a Bosman transfer in the summer.

Having already turned down their previous offers, Blackburn were hopeful that Neill could be persuaded to stay.

But now it is believed that Neill has shunned a new long term offer, understood to be a four-year deal - which would seemingly look to end Blackburn's hopes of keeping their captain.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lou93 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:52 pm

aaron lennon, brilliant on sunday, improving every game, young, skillful, very quick
perfect :;):
lou93

Postby onizukaeikichi » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:15 pm

we have the players just that the system and the tactic that Benitez employs didnt work out. JP on the left, Kuyt on the right when we are 451 and no one in box when we cross, stevie doesnt like being out wide right. Sissoko bossing the midfield away from stevie.

first thing, do we have any funds left to spend ?
onizukaeikichi

Postby floppo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:44 pm

I believe we have the right players but I think it comes back to picking a settled side, we have to decide on an XI and play them for 4 or 5 games in a row to see how they gel.

Zenden is basically just a squad player for me and should only play when others are injured/unavailable or in the Carling Cup.
floppo

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion