Who will you transfer list? - For the january transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:18 am

1)Get rid of Sissoko and Kuyt....
2)Sign Mash for good.
3)Sign Crespo (he is still a predator in the box).
4)Don't think a new CB is a priority here given hyppia's form in the last few months).
5)Can't believe ppl wanna get rid of riise....I am not his biggest fan, but i believe he is still the best LB in the team. He has improved his defensive aspects of his game pretty well...Just because he ain't scoring those piledrivers anymore...doesn't make him rubbish all of a sudden.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nvr » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:08 pm

January is not the best time of the year to bring in new players. Limited supply, teams trying to buy in panic drives prices up.

Instead of buying, Rafa should really give some game after game chances to our "deadwood" and shape them back into good form.
nvr

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:20 pm

Just one definate in for me would be to sign Masherano in January because im worried that if we dont do the deal then someones gonna come in and swipe him from us and we cant afford to lose a player of his quality. Messers Hicks and Gillette might be thinking of 17 million but they need to look on the Mancs bench Carrick 18.6 million.
To sign a world class striker in Jan is pushing it a bit i think you usually have to wait until the summer same goes for a center back, but he will only be used as cover anyway cause when Agger is fit thats hes position along side Jamie.

If we sign Masher in Jan thatll do for me anyone else would be a bonus
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:08 pm

If the price was right would you all accept Owen back? Newcaslte will surley look to get rid of him soon the way things are going with him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:24 pm

bavlondon wrote:If the price was right would you all accept Owen back? Newcaslte will surley look to get rid of him soon the way things are going with him.

No

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:02 pm

If he couldnt do it for chelski 

Why would he do it for us ??
holylamb2006

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:06 pm

bavlondon wrote:If the price was right would you all accept Owen back? Newcaslte will surley look to get rid of him soon the way things are going with him.

No.

He's too injury prone.

If we needed another striker, I'd prefer Anelka, who is simply wasting his career at Bolton
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:21 pm

Nah not for me Bav cause wed end up havin to sign another striker mate to cover for him when hes injured waste of time in my opinion
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:05 pm

The_Rock wrote:1)Get rid of Sissoko and Kuyt....
2)Sign Mash for good.
4)Don't think a new CB is a priority here given hyppia's form in the last few months).
5)Can't believe ppl wanna get rid of riise....I am not his biggest fan, but i believe he is still the best LB in the team. He has improved his defensive aspects of his game pretty well...Just because he ain't scoring those piledrivers anymore...doesn't make him rubbish all of a sudden.

Agree with this except that Crespo has alrady said he prefer living in Italy.
And I could also live with waiting until the summer to get a new CB, but it will be needed for next season.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:16 am

holylamb2006 wrote:

If he couldnt do it for chelski 

Why would he do it for us ??

I remember he scored loads of goals for them.... He scored 2 against us at SB too.

For a free transfer...he would be a great signing. He is deffo better than Kuyt and Voronin thats for sure.

I would like to buy the ajax striker (huntler or someting) or that atletico madrid striker from argentina.... But they are gonna cost huge $$$
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:28 am

Voronin, Riise, Crouch, Sissoko and Carson should be sold in January.

I like Sissoko and he offers something to the team but he will find it extremly hard getting a game now with Alonso back in the team.

And Crouch offers us something in Europe but we cant just keep a player for that reason alone, plus he will want first team football everyweek.

We would be lucky to get 50 pence for Voronin.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:33 am

Ciggy wrote:Voronin, Riise, Crouch, Sissoko and Carson should be sold in January.

I like Sissoko and he offers something to the team but he will find it extremly hard getting a game now with Alonso back in the team.

And Crouch offers us something in Europe but we cant just keep a player for that reason alone, plus he will want first team football everyweek.

spot on ciggy , but i don't think we should sell riise unless we can find some1 who is better then him
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:55 am

Well apparently David Silva has mentioned that he wants a move to Liverpool.  Wouldn't mind seeing him in a red shirt.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:58 am

Toffeehater wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Voronin, Riise, Crouch, Sissoko and Carson should be sold in January.

spot on ciggy , but i don't think we should sell riise unless we can find some1 who is better then him

Think should add Kuyt to the list....

Think Voronin at least has a better touch of the ball and is a little more faster than Kuyt (though he isn't all that good to begin with).

But Kuyt really is a sub-standard striker...Even marco van basten has dropped him from the starting line-up. 9 million for that ???
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:08 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Well apparently David Silva has mentioned that he wants a move to Liverpool.  Wouldn't mind seeing him in a red shirt.

one player i would love to see at liverpool :)
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion