Summer transfer targets.... - Who?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Sat May 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Obviously the midfield needs sorting, and an exodus of players.

Out definately should be:  Lucas, Meireles, Maxi, Poulsen, Cole, N'gog.

Then: bid 20-30million for Gareth Bale from spurs. 6-10million for Charlie adam, and 4 m. Craig bellamy from cardiff. for a 2nd stint.

LFC are bigger than spurs, and bale could be a huge asset for us.
:p
Joeblackisachimp

Postby burjennio » Sat May 07, 2011 11:07 pm

This is a wind-up right?
burjennio

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Wingers, full backs and another striker. Fill those roles with quality players and I will be happy.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat May 07, 2011 11:35 pm

Get your tin hat ready JBLCKCH you named Lucas as out. :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat May 07, 2011 11:43 pm

Joeblackisachimp wrote:Obviously the midfield needs sorting, and an exodus of players.

Out definately should be:  Lucas, Meireles, Maxi, Poulsen, Cole, N'gog.

Then: bid 20-30million for Gareth Bale from spurs. 6-10million for Charlie adam, and 4 m. Craig bellamy from cardiff. for a 2nd stint.

LFC are bigger than spurs, and bale could be a huge asset for us.
:p

Bellamy wants to stay at Cardfiff so b0llocks to that.

Adams seems like its going to happen, though talk of that ha died down lately

and if you think £20m - £30m will get Bale you're mad. Spurs are known for selling players at ridiculous prices and after the season Bale's just had it would have to be more than that

As for Lucas - there can be debate about whether he's good enough to be in the first team week in weekn out but there's no doubt he should be at the club

We're gonna need depth going into the season, chucking our current midfield isn't going to help

Bale would be an excellent signing FWIW - dont know why you want Bellamy tho
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Sun May 08, 2011 12:38 am

Bale is overrated. If I find a club like ourselves, a person like Kenny Dalglish spending a ridiculous amount to ensure we get him, I will be as miffed as when we spent 20m on Keane and 17m on Johnson.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun May 08, 2011 12:52 am

Kharhaz wrote:Bale is overrated. If I find a club like ourselves, a person like Kenny Dalglish spending a ridiculous amount to ensure we get him, I will be as miffed as when we spent 20m on Keane and 17m on Johnson.

We spent 35M on Carroll.  :oops: Miffed?

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun May 08, 2011 1:24 am

Kenny Kan wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Bale is overrated. If I find a club like ourselves, a person like Kenny Dalglish spending a ridiculous amount to ensure we get him, I will be as miffed as when we spent 20m on Keane and 17m on Johnson.

At first I was, but then we sold Torres for 50 so the fact we spent to replace him eased the blow.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 am

Not been on here for a while but have seen a fair bit of EPL football of late and think the following would represents good summer business for Kenny.

Jose Enrique (Newcastle) - good player and, with Newcastle apparently interested in Konchesky, I can see us snapping him up. Decent solid LB who is also decent going forward.

James McCarthy (Wigan) - we missed out on him last summer but he has come on well at Wigan and, with them teetering on the brink of relegation, I would make a move for him. Good player with bags of potential.

Peter Odemwinge (West Brom) - not seen many (if any) on here talk about this guy but I really rate him. Big powerful, quick and an eye for goal. Can play wide or up top. I think a good foil for Suarez and Carroll and he would improve even further with better players around him. Could see him do a job for LFC similar to what Kalou does at Chelski (only I think Odemwige is better).

Young AND Downing (Villa) - I think we should break the bank to try and secure both these players. To me that would give Kenny the wide/attacking options he needs to mount a title challenge.

The desperate need for a new CB is, in my opinion anyway, no longer desperate as the recent performances of Flanigan and Robinson and FB means that we have cover (if not 1st choice) at FB and that would free up Martin Kelly to play in his favoured position of CB alongside Carra, Agger or Skrtel. IF Kenny feels he wants a quality CB then I would sacrifice Glen Johnson and use the funds to bring in someone. We could then put Kelly back to RB knowing we have cover.

In terms of funding these moves then we clearly need to ship out a few. Those suggesting Meireles and Lucas need their head read but the likes of Cole, Poulson, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos & Ngog need to be shown the door.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 08, 2011 9:41 am

Good shout for Enrique and Young.
Haven't seen enough of McCarthy to comment. Think its too early to be touting Odemwinge and imo Downing is a perennial "nearly man" i.e. good but never quite good enough.

Whilst we've been impressed by some of the performances of our younger players I'd like to see a bit more experience brought into the squad, especially at CB and LB. I'm not turning blue but ex toffee Lescott could do a good job in both positions.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun May 08, 2011 9:54 am

Don't rate Downing, as Woof said a ''nearly man'' we've already got a few of them here.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Sun May 08, 2011 9:57 am

woof woof ! wrote:Good shout for Enrique and Young.
Haven't seen enough of McCarthy to comment. Think its too early to be touting Odemwinge and imo Downing is a perennial "nearly man" i.e. good but never quite good enough.

Whilst we've been impressed by some of the performances of our younger players I'd like to see a bit more experience brought into the squad, especially at CB and LB. I'm not turning blue but ex toffee Lescott could do a good job in both positions.

Downing and Odemwinge have been shining lights in very ordinary teams this season and would improve our squad IMO.

Great call on Lescott but can't see Man City selling and would Lescott want/take the move given he is an ex Toffee??. I would probably prefer him over Cahill; who I am just not 100% sure about.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 08, 2011 10:12 am

Waldo wrote:Great call on Lescott but can't see Man City selling and would Lescott want/take the move given he is an ex Toffee??.

Given the revolving line ups at City, Lescott might be tempted by the promise of a regular berth with us, but I take your point.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mart » Sun May 08, 2011 10:24 am

Kenny Kan wrote:

I'll wait and see but he has not shown he is worth 35 mill so far.

Bale has not been that great this season except for a couple of matches.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 08, 2011 10:43 am

Leighton Baines or Gael Clichy, Marko Marin or Marco Reus, Marc Albrighton, Connor Wickham, Shinji Kagawa and Mats Hummels.

we'll win the title next season with any 6 of those players.
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion