Summer transfer targets.... - Who?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 10, 2011 4:31 am

are there any players from the relegation candidates worth a shot? i won't be surprised if Foster joins Spurs considering how they have a clown as their #1 at the moment.

WEST HAM
- Scott Parker

WIGAN
- James McCarthy
- Charles N'Zogbia
- Maynor Figueroa

BLACKPOOL
- Charlie Adam

WOLVES
- Matthew Jarvis

BIRMINGHAM
- Ben Foster
- Scott Dann

BLACKBURN
- Phil Jones
- Christopher Samba
maypaxvobiscum

Postby killerp » Tue May 10, 2011 5:13 am

brentd4 wrote:
tubby wrote:Jose Enrique, Simon Kjaer, Eden Hazard, Affellay and Bojan.

great call mate and i think possible

Affellay would be great! Attacking midfield/winger exactly what we need.
killerp

Postby The Good Yank » Tue May 10, 2011 5:43 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Too many foreign players in that list - we have quota's to fill .

Umm, have you seen the lads on the bench recently?  We have no worries in that department.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby peterc1992 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:57 am

Joeblackisachimp wrote:Obviously the midfield needs sorting, and an exodus of players.

Out definately should be:  Lucas, Meireles, Maxi, Poulsen, Cole, N'gog.

Then: bid 20-30million for Gareth Bale from spurs. 6-10million for Charlie adam, and 4 m. Craig bellamy from cardiff. for a 2nd stint.

LFC are bigger than spurs, and bale could be a huge asset for us.
:p

Your having a laugh.First of all: Lucas ,Meireles,Maxi should all be kept.
Lucas is our player of the year for f*ck sake,You realise how important  he is to the team?

Meireles is talented and is played out of position alot ,he is good for a goal and if he plays centre mid he can be very dangerous.

Maxi has shown he can score,He has a decent technique,He is intelligent and with the way the team is playing he shines,He is a positive footballer.

Get rid of Poulsen,Cole ,Jovanovic and Ngog.Get in the excess of 10 mill for all.

Bring in...Jose enrique(almost certain)
Juan Mata.Balague has said that we have a good chance,we jsut need to offer the right money.
A centre back,a midfielder ,two wingers( Eden hazard,,,Mata,,,Alexis sanchez,Ashley Young,aaron lennon)
That squad playing the football that we are playing at the minute should be able for alot of challenges next season
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 10, 2011 12:40 pm

i'm not too sure if we would be needing a left-back anymore. we've got Johnson who is superb there and Robinson as a back-up. on the right, we've got Kelly and Flanagan. why bring in another player and stop their progress when they are doing very well and can only be better with more games under their belts? if the Mancs and Arsenal are brave enough to play their kids such as Fabio, etc, why not us? i reckon a central defender in the shape of Mats Hummels or Nevan Subotic will do.

as for wingers, i would really love to see Marko Marin, Ashley Young and Shinji Kagawa. the Jap has been on explosive form and we could also tap on the Asian market with his signing. with regards to the need for more English players, Marc Albrighton and Connor Wickham gets my vote. stars of the future they are and it's best we snap them up before others do.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 10, 2011 5:06 pm

The Good Yank wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Too many foreign players in that list - we have quota's to fill .

Umm, have you seen the lads on the bench recently?  We have no worries in that department.

We need more than just a few ressies - we need English players for the squad .
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Tue May 10, 2011 5:10 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:

We need more than just a few ressies - we need English players for the squad .

Jonno
Flanno
Robbo
Carroll
Stevie
Carra
Spearing
Kelly
Cole
Shelvey
Danny Wilson?

Thats loads right there, surely we don't have to keep this sh!te in mind in the summer? I'd get Baines in FWIW
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Danny Wilson doesnt count i think and Cole will be off - Baines and one more englishman would do the business and i think those will be the players Kenny will be looking at esp in defence

LB - Baines

CB Phil Jones or Cahill .

We wont be going for all foriegn targets - we need a few players already adjusted to life in the prem to make the transition period a bit smoother .
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Tue May 10, 2011 5:18 pm

I agree. I've said on here a few times the majority of our shopping will be carried out in England. Might even end up with Cahill, Baines and Young! :D  Still think we could do with another Suarez type though. We'd miss him massively if he got injured

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Would prefer Jones over Cahill .

My choices would be

Baines
Jones
Promote Coady
Young
Hazard or Mata
Wickham
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Tue May 10, 2011 5:35 pm

whats the deal with this Conor Wickham? is he any good? hardly set the championship on fire has he?

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby The Good Yank » Wed May 11, 2011 5:43 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:are there any players from the relegation candidates worth a shot? i won't be surprised if Foster joins Spurs considering how they have a clown as their #1 at the moment.

WEST HAM
- Scott Parker

WIGAN
- James McCarthy
- Charles N'Zogbia
- Maynor Figueroa

BLACKPOOL
- Charlie Adam

WOLVES
- Matthew Jarvis

BIRMINGHAM
- Ben Foster
- Scott Dann

BLACKBURN
- Phil Jones
- Christopher Samba

While this is a good post (and we have one of these to think about every year).  I was just thinking, with the amount of money Spurs have invested in their squad, surely they won't keep such a large squad together if they have no European football.  Am I right?  Could we add Spurs to the list of teams that could be poached from?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed May 11, 2011 5:59 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i'm not too sure if we would be needing a left-back anymore. we've got Johnson who is superb there and Robinson as a back-up. on the right, we've got Kelly and Flanagan. why bring in another player and stop their progress when they are doing very well and can only be better with more games under their belts? if the Mancs and Arsenal are brave enough to play their kids such as Fabio, etc, why not us? i reckon a central defender in the shape of Mats Hummels or Nevan Subotic will do.

as for wingers, i would really love to see Marko Marin, Ashley Young and Shinji Kagawa. the Jap has been on explosive form and we could also tap on the Asian market with his signing. with regards to the need for more English players, Marc Albrighton and Connor Wickham gets my vote. stars of the future they are and it's best we snap them up before others do.

As much as I hate our "thread match hero" I have thought plenty of this lately. Flanno and Robinson have looked so promising, and so has Kelly.  Why stop their productiveness?  Sure, we could play them in Europa but they won't get the needed experience out of it.

If we get a LB, I want Baines.  I want Cahill at CB and we have the strongest back line in the prem.

Mid we have Stevie and I think Lucas will be considered one of the best mids in the prem next year.  We need 2 widemen, or 1 and allow Maxi and Kuyt to switch off (Most likely Kuyt, Maxi's just in a weird place right now  :D ).  If we got 1, Mata would be the best possible signing. 2, add Young and we are good to go.  If we get another CM, I'd love Adam, tho I have somewhat been doubting his abilities.  I think Meireles can be a great player, but he's as inconsistent as Newcastle  :D Not sure that will cut it.  I guess we always have Spearing, but I worry about Gerrard's fitness.  M'Villa would be great, Defour I'd be excited about tho not 100% on that either.  Would be nice to have another striker, but if we were to sign Mata or Young, or both, they can both play striker.  Stevie can slot in up there as well if needed.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 11, 2011 4:51 pm

The Good Yank wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:are there any players from the relegation candidates worth a shot? i won't be surprised if Foster joins Spurs considering how they have a clown as their #1 at the moment.

WEST HAM
- Scott Parker

WIGAN
- James McCarthy
- Charles N'Zogbia
- Maynor Figueroa

BLACKPOOL
- Charlie Adam

WOLVES
- Matthew Jarvis

BIRMINGHAM
- Ben Foster
- Scott Dann

BLACKBURN
- Phil Jones
- Christopher Samba

While this is a good post (and we have one of these to think about every year).  I was just thinking, with the amount of money Spurs have invested in their squad, surely they won't keep such a large squad together if they have no European football.  Am I right?  Could we add Spurs to the list of teams that could be poached from?

the one Spurs player i would love to see here, and i've mentioned many times, is Kranjcar. i'm certain he will be leaving Spurs at the end of the season along with Bentley, Keane, Dos Santos. Woodgate and Pavlyuchenko. i honestly think he can get better players then a bunch of Spurs rejects though.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 11, 2011 4:53 pm

ethanr wrote:As much as I hate our "thread match hero"

cruel to my heart  :(
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion