Our targets players we will miss out on - In this transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:26 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
Owzat wrote:By "useful alternative" you mean hoof long in the belief somehow that might lead to a goal?!?!? He's not that good in the air, I prefer long balls to only be used to feet eg Pepe clearing quickly upfield or a defender/midfielder passing forward for strikers/midfielders to run onto. He's not quick either, he's most effective when sides give him room to play but then what players don't look good when afforded that luxury

He might not be great in the air but he can hold it up and he is a threat.
He scores goals as well.

So to me thats a useful alternative to Ngog  :D

All of the above to a LIMITED degree. "can" isn't much use, he's not good in the air so most of what's aimed at him goes through to the defenders or keeper off his head.

His goalscoring record is ok, a lot on here try to make it seem better by talking of his time off the bench. Well N'Gog rarely starts and plays an average of 32 mins in scoring 2 goals in 12 appearances. Crouch averaged double the mins and double the strike rate, and he was experienced when he joined us, not 19 with little experience. That you resort to comparison with N'GOG says it all, personally I prefer the style we play when Crouch and 'target men' are nowhere near the team. I am a bit surprised Capello favours Emule, but then he's got all the attributes you reckon Crouch has even if he hasn't scored a dozen goals against nomark nations like Andorra and Jamaica. When did a team last win the Premiership or World Cup or European Championship employing target men tactics.......................?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robin08 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:29 pm

should rafa have to go for the cheaper players this year what would you all rather he do..go for the experienced players or the youngsters? personally, id like to see some experienced players, those in the mould of maybe viera or ruud van horseface. People that can come off the bench and do a job for us, rather than having to rely on n'gog, lucas ect. I reckon its this that would bridge the gap between us and the mancs rather than the odd one 'big' signing.
robin08

Postby Owzat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Well looks like we won't be getting Ronaldo....................... :laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:38 pm

At what point should one begin to worry if we haven't announced any signings? :D I know Rafa wanted to move quick in this window soim expecting an announcment in the next 10 days hopefully.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:08 pm

bavlondon wrote:At what point should one begin to worry if we haven't announced any signings?

No news by end of June - worrying
No news or moves by end of July - shout for Rafa's head
No moves by end of August - rip up your ST and start FC Liverpool

bavlondon wrote::D I know Rafa wanted to move quick in this window soim expecting an announcment in the next 10 days hopefully.

Thinking back to last summer, weren't the first reported signings Dossena and Degen? Are you sure you really want to hear news...................................?

I would like to hear a few clubs named to buy one or two players, that would at least be something. Other than Xabi and Javier of course, not that I've kept my ear that close to the ground given I have had a lot of other things on my mind this week
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:17 pm

Owzat wrote:I would like to hear a few clubs named to buy one or two players, that would at least be something. Other than Xabi and Javier of course, not that I've kept my ear that close to the ground given I have had a lot of other things on my mind this week

you say that and....

MADRID BID FOR GERRARD!!! - link
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:07 am

Well at least that one wasn't entirely predictable, unlike other wind-ups before it :laugh: Hard for them to be funny if you know the punchline before you open the thread.

I saw a thread about the best free-kicks, think it was on these boards, and I thought someone is bound to mention that Le Tournoi bender by Roberto Carlos. That was essentially the sum content of the opening post.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion