Out with the old, in with the new! - Summer transfer activity!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bedlovedays » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:33 am

stand all ten of em on the line in front of the goal,,,,,,,,,,,Dudek can patrol the top half of the net,,,,,,,we'll never loose!!!!!!!! :p :D :D :D
bedlovedays

Postby daddyo » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:11 am

bedlovedays wrote:stand all ten of em on the line in front of the goal,,,,,,,,,,,Dudek can patrol the top half of the net,,,,,,,we'll never loose!!!!!!!! :p :D :D

HEH, HEH, HEH. U Takin the rise out of our blessed manager coaching abilities??
daddyo

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:35 pm

DrLiverpool wrote:I dont think houllier is a saint and I dont know where you got that idea mate.

Martin O'Neill is agreat manager and I pray and hope he comes to anfield and you should be doing the same.

If I thought Houllier was a saint then why would I want O'Neill to replace him ?
think about it :)

O'Neill :

Wycombe Wanders
Brief spell at Norwich
Some cup success at Leicester, modest league return
Mickey mouse SPL success at Celtic and a modest but improving return in Europe

Not sure that's the resume of a manager I'd be confident would succeed.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:41 pm

owzat. the guy has achieved what he has achieved without having a penny to spend. to me the guy would get the best out of even our most average of players. unfortunately, i think he'll end up going to the scum after fergie retires.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:07 pm

for f##ks sake are you people kidding or what, you live in the realms or pure fantasy, no offence to anyone on this thread who hasnt talked total s##t, JBG, STU, OWZAT, ST MICK and THE GOOD DOCTOR I would include here.

Here is my proposals for the Liverpool team, along the same impossible lines as you people earlier.

OUT

Everyone

IN

Maradona
Bobby Moore
Pele
Zico
Stoitchkov
Henry
Roberto Carlos
Zidane
Okocha
Maldini
Roberto Baggio
Buffon

And before you all come on laughing at my selections, there is about as much chance of the above players signing as the following you selected:

DAKOO --> Tristan, Van De Vart, Giuly, Stam

SANTAGIVEHOULLIOERTHESACK --> Ibrahimovic, Makaay

DR LIVERPOOL --> Van De Mayde, Mexes, Gallas

BANANA --> Guily, Rodriguez

STAN LAUREL --> Earnshaw (p#ssed my pants laughing)

DREAM ON DREAMERS
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:14 pm

I think we could get Van Der Meyde.

Like I said he has lost his place at Inter Milan and might want to play in england but we would probably need to be in the CL to get him which we will be.
It would take a lot of persuasion but we can hope...
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:30 pm

stmichael wrote:owzat. the guy has achieved what he has achieved without having a penny to spend. to me the guy would get the best out of even our most average of players. unfortunately, i think he'll end up going to the scum after fergie retires.

Managing Liverpool isn't about NOT spending money and getting MID-TABLE in the league. If we wanted the odd cup, we should stick with Houllier. MON is massively over-rated, he hasn't won a significant trophy nor managed a top six finish in a decent league - that's a very ordinary record. Build up Maurinho by all means, but I can't accept that MON has justified his reputation
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:52 pm

MON has had to work with sub standard players at every club he has been at and yet has produced miracles time after time.
He took wycombe from conference to the 2nd div and at leicster they never finished worse than 10th in the prem and even won a cup.The season after he went alot of cash was spent and they got relegated.
He presently has done wonders at Celtic with again alot of very average players.He has proved to be a great motivator which is what the club needs now more than some foreigner who has earned his reputation by spending huge sums of cash.
He maybe over rated by some but is a winner who has experienced huge pressure at Celtic now for the last few years.
Mourinho looks like he is going to Chelsea so MON is in my opinion the outstanding candidate for the job and I believe would have us back up there challenging within 2 seasons.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redspirit » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:01 pm

adayinthelife wrote:MON has had to work with sub standard players at every club he has been at and yet has produced miracles time after time.
He took wycombe from conference to the 2nd div and at leicster they never finished worse than 10th in the prem and even won a cup.The season after he went alot of cash was spent and they got relegated.
He presently has done wonders at Celtic with again alot of very average players.He has proved to be a great motivator which is what the club needs now more than some foreigner who has earned his reputation by spending huge sums of cash.
He maybe over rated by some but is a winner who has experienced huge pressure at Celtic now for the last few years.
Mourinho looks like he is going to Chelsea so MON is in my opinion the outstanding candidate for the job and I believe would have us back up there challenging within 2 seasons.

How do you know Mourinho is leaning towards Chelsea?
redspirit

Postby adayinthelife » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:04 pm

Mourinho was quoted as saying he is working in london next season but not at spurs.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:04 pm

I do wonder about the people on this forum sometimes.

Mexes is good because we are linked with him in the Paper

Murinho is going to Chelski cus the papers say

PLEASE

Face facts Houllier WILL be given another season to prove himself.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:40 am

Mexes is good because he is one of the two solid Auxerre's centrebacks. Some here watches football on TV beside just than Premiership. I personally don't think a player is good just because he is linked with a summer transfer to Liverpool. I suggested Mackaay because there is a chance Bayern might do a clearout after a "disastrous" season by their standard and their coach Hitzfield might go as well. Last season when he was allowed to leave for a reasonable fee, why didn't Houllier even make any attempt to get him ? Ibrahimnovic is a player I rated very highly. Whether he will come depends on many other factors (eg, who is in charge? ambition of the club? players playing in the team). On current form and playing style, I doubt many star players will come here for footballing reason.
As for Cisse, I rate him as a pacey and powerful centre forward but still unproven in the Premiership and international scene. I would value him around £8~£10M top, not for £12~£14M we are reported to be paying. Houllier have some serious valuation problem with the money spend on players like Diouf, Cheyrou, Biscan etc. Totally disastrous!
Murinho will not come because he is seriously ambitious. Chelsea might accommodate him with tons of £££ to spend to build a solid team rivaling Real.
As for the "FACTS" that Houllier will stay to prove himself, don't you agree that 5 seasons is long enough especially after he have opened his big mouth touting his "Five Years Plan"? Ambition my friend...that's what we are lacking. That's why we are where we are...2nd rated in England. Fourth rated in Europe :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:48 am

You have totally contradicted yourself in that post.

"Mexes is good because he is one of the two solid Auxerre's centrebacks."

"As for Cisse, I rate him as a pacey and powerful centre forward but still unproven in the Premiership and international scene."

So Mexes is good because he is a centre back despite not proving himself in the Premeirship or at international level ? But Cisse is not ? You are talking some serious s##t there.

"On current form and playing style, I doubt many star players will come here for footballing reason."

Are you kidding me or what? How many football players base their transfer moves on playing style or form? Maybe Makelele when he moved from Real Madrid to Chelski? I dont think so. Maybe when Makkay moved from Deportivo to Bayern? No way hosay. Mendieta? Rivaldo? Okocha? NO NO NO NO NO. The only motivation for todays footballers is money. They are all mercenaries. When was the last time you went to a testimonial game in this country?

"As for the "FACTS" that Houllier will stay to prove himself, don't you agree that 5 seasons is long enough especially after he have opened his big mouth touting his "Five Years Plan"? Ambition my friend...that's what we are lacking. That's why we are where we are...2nd rated in England. Fourth rated in Europe"

Did I say I would give Houllier another season? NO I said face the fact he will be in charge for next season. Two different things entirely.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:11 pm

Leon, you are talking cr#p, second only to Mssr Houllier. Read my lips...I said Mexes is a good player, and a good player not just because he is being linked to Liverpool. Nothing to do with whether he is proven or not. Just a solid good player!
I also said that Cisse is a powerful forward but not worth the reported £12~£14M because he is unproven at international level. I was talking about value here. What's the link between these two and where the f##k are the contradiction you were talking about?
You should learn to read the entire post and not just the bits and pieces and think you KNOW what I was talking about.
And you think Makaay's move from Deportivo to Bayern is solely about money and not because Bayern is a bigger and more successful club? Makelele only move from Real because he was not being paid well but also because he know he will not feature in their first team after the arrival of Beckham, and Chelsea is the only team who can meet both his needs. Mercenaries or not, do you think Rivaldo will consider Bolton some 5~6 years back? Players do need to play in a team which will let them excel and enhance their value even further, not ONLY for money as you rightly or wrongly put it. That is only for the 30+ over-the-hill stars. That they can play in Qatar or J-League to enhance their retirement funds.
Lastly, I said the suppose "fact" that Houllier will stay for another year to prove himself is a total BS to me. I did not say that you are all for Houllier to stay, you other posts in this forum are clear to me. Retake your reading lesson
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:15 pm

he's already proved himself to be out of his depth imo. it's ok winning cups. any team can beat anyone else on a given day. it's the league that matters most to lfc fans and at the moment we are a million miles behind arsenal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion