Our targets players we will miss out on - In this transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:42 am

Liverpool set to lose out again with David Silva's wares wanted at the Bernabeu

Liverpool are in danger of missing out on another summer signing after David Silva’s representatives held talks with Real Madrid last night.

Rafael Benítez had identified the midfield player as capable of bringing more flair to Liverpool’s attacking play, but he may have to turn his attentions elsewhere. The Merseyside club lost out on Gareth Barry, who moved from Aston Villa to Manchester City for £12 million this week.

Real have a transfer budget thought to be as much as £200 million to sign about five players this summer and they believe that Silva will cost little more than the £20 million that Juventus offered last summer. Valencia will be forced to sell players because of the poor financial position that led to the resignation of Vicente Soriano, the club’s president, yesterday.

Julio Llorente and Amadeo Rangel, Silva’s agents, met Miguel Pardeza, Real’s sporting director, and Jorge Valdano, their director general, for 1½ hours at the Bernabeu yesterday.

-----------

Don't know how much of this is true but if it is who has Rafa got in mind for plan B? :angry:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....941.ece
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:17 am

GYBS wrote:We arent leeds - Leeds blew it when they spent well above their means and their survival for all those purchases they made were being able to make the CL - they didnt and then had to sell all those players at a big loss .

FFS we wont go bust and we wont go into administration - if we do then the mancs go before us with thier 700 mill pound debt .

the difference with scum is that they pay back the money when they are told to and for some reason never get spoken about? maybe because they have done it the right way?, unlike twit and :censored: who think they can ride the system and not pay the banks ( just like hicks has done in america ) this is something that WILL come back and bite them in the :censored: and if they are still are owners then we could very well be fecked

it is as simple as that
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:30 am

To the yanks, they don't care about the team as they just want to make sure they leave with a pile of cash when they leave. So, they are just trying to grab and hold on to us until they find some really rich Oil tycoon. Really worrying if we continue need to allocate our attention somewhere else......
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Redbilly1960 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:40 am

Oh the doom and gloomers are out in force again it's June 5th 99% of premier players are sunning themselves on a beach somewhere the redtops have no Wimbledon yet no Ashes yet to fill the back pages they are full of speculation to sell papers and speculation about LFC sells papers. I am sure if LFC had wanted Barry he would have signed for us he has stated numerous times he wanted CL football well I can't see him getting CL football at city for a couple of season if ever. Rafa I think seen that Barry was no better than what we have already so why waste the money.
I have every confidence that come August Rafa would have signed at least a couple of players to enhance the team.
Personally I don't care who the mancs, chelski or anyone sign. If you honestly believe, that if city sign 3-4 top players they will be challenging for the PL you need to go get yourself sorted. Barry is a greedy twot who has gone for the cash, the same as the rest of them who sign for city.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby GYBS » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:51 am

So have Hicks and his muppet not been paying the banks then ? have we not paid the interest payments ? Im pretty sure they have hence the loses - just like the mancs and there losses as well .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:54 am

Unfortunately the doom and gloom merchants may have some valid points..
Reports in certain newspapers indicate that we took record revenue last year but still came in at a substantial loss - the main reason being the repayments on the loan that the 2 clowns took out.
Whilst I cannot see us doing a Leeds it does cast a very serious doubt over whether we will be able to compete at the top end of the market.
We have a strong squad - but if we are to mount a serious challenge next season then the squad needs strengthening.
Because Parry and Moores sold out to these clowns we now are in the situation where we could be outbid by several teams in the premiership wheras in the past it was only really the mancs or chelski.
THEBARON

Postby mistyred » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:02 am

That Ursula on SSN stated that there is really no need to get knickers in a twist as far
as transfers are concerned because as LFC actually made a good profit last year.

It's Kop Holdings that took the loss, and the 300Mil that looks like a hell of a lot of money
is a very long term debt.

I haven't the slightest clue as to what is not to worry about but obviously she thinks it
is not as bad as the papers are making out, and we will still spend money to get our targets.
Last edited by mistyred on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 am

GYBS wrote:So have Hicks and his muppet not been paying the banks then ? have we not paid the interest payments ? Im pretty sure they have hence the loses - just like the mancs and there losses as well .

i never said they had not paid them on are loans but hicks has failed on loans in his home land which does have a knock on effect with us, as in if he is not paying other loans then other banks will not give him more money then he would not be able to refinance the liverpool loan

a good thing in my eyes? as he would have to sale to keep his head above water ( which is why you will find that he is trying to sale his other things off ) as he knows if he does not get money in soon the day he has to sale will get closer and closer
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:20 am

Has anybody on here ever seen Silva stand out to them in a football match
before he scored the goal against Chelsea in the Champions League? honestly
i can't say i have.

The few times I've seen him he looks class, but for me i would choose Joaquin over
him all day, he's big strong and fast, knows how to score and with Rafa's help could
be the force he's supposed to be.

Or screw them both and go for Robben :cool:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:21 am

Well I guess something good could come of this - if the yanks cannot get the necessary finance then they may be forced to sell up.
THEBARON

Postby GYBS » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:22 am

The papers were always going to make a mountain out of a mole hill to create a sensational headline where as the reality of it is nowhere near as bad as what is being made out.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:40 am

Being a Liverpool fan during transfer windows is depressing. :down:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:44 am

Like GYBS and badbob i am not massively concerned.

We often wait a bit of time before buying our players as otherwise we are paying them to be on their jollies.

I know the financial situation is dire to say the least but it was last season and we managed to still spend a fair whack.

This team is not far off, IF we can keep Alonso and add a couple of decent additions then we will go close again.

I would take Tuncay at 6 million, not sure what to do about the right full back if Chelsea are in for Johnson but hopefully we have alternatives.

What about anyukov for Russia - he probably wouldnt come cheap but looked class whenever i have seen him.

On Barry - arent the majority relieved anyway.

I would have taken him but am not bothered too much either way.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:44 am

It's all just paper talk at the moment but it sounds like Chelsea, Real Madrid and Man City are going to buying all the BIG names this summer. Not sure where Real Madrid will manage to fit all these superstars (Kaka, Ronaldo and Silva) in but it will be interesting to see if they manage to secure all these top targets.

I am not phased by the fact that we are not being rumoured every day in the press as after X,Y and Z as (I said this in the rumours section) I believe Rafa is going about his business quietly behind the scenes.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:50 am

There is so much talk and no action  :no

I think Rafa has to make a move on Silva before Real do.
Fauxy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion