Summer plans - Top priorities and realstic targets

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:26 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Great post! But to buy these players, we need money. So we need to sell them first like Hypia, Hamman, Biscan, Diao, and Diouf.  Don’t get me wrong, they are good players, but maybe not in EPL or their days has gone. I will still like to see the young talent like John Welsh, Diarra and David Raven (This boy really impress me).

BTW, selling SG is like “killing the heart of Liverpool ”. Bad idea to sell him.

We our still capable of raising funds without selling players and without getting Champions League football, maybe not squad rebuilding stuff but close to 10Mil. But Gerrard seems certain to leave and it is not really up to us, so funds will be available from his sale.

Anyway two players I suggested are on a free transfer at the end of the season and another has 1 year left on his contact and would go for around 6Mil.

But I agree that a lot of players will have to leave, mostly the players who are currently out on loan.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:27 pm

IF gerrard goes i think he needs to be replaced by a deep lying ball winner. van bommel is available on a free and would be worth a gamble if you ask me.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:30 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:HAS, let me get this right, you want us to sign Samuel Kaffour from Bayern Munich to play centre half for us in place of Hyppia?

So you can read then.

Hyypia is getting old and he had very little pace to begin with, so I think it would be the right time to replace him in the first team. But I would keep him for 1 more year as backup.

Samuel Kuffour is on a free transfer, so is a low risk option. He has experience at the top level, pace and power, and is the perfect age of 28.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:37 pm

Lee J wrote:hey, why not sign someone English? Dont ask me who, it just seems like we're turning into a foreign premiership.

Im a grumpy b@stard today folks.  :(

I agree that we should sign English if we can.

But I couldn’t think of many quality players in that position in our price range.

I personally would give more chances to Welsh and Otsemober as I think they have the ability to be future first teamers. John Welsh has signed a new contract but it looks as though Rafa in no fan of Otsemober and he will be leaving on a free at the end of the season.
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:38 pm

THIS GUY HAS ALREADY SIGNED :D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:39 pm

Lee J wrote:hey, why not sign someone English? Dont ask me who, it just seems like we're turning into a foreign premiership.

Im a grumpy b@stard today folks.  :(

Because they cost twice as much as there worth!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:40 pm

Great, Bucky O'Hare!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:42 pm

banana wrote:If I could choose only ONE player. I'd go for Aleksander Hleb. .

Nice one, just what we need, a real hosehold name and big name signing.  :D
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:44 pm

john craig wrote:I would go all out to get Wright-Phillips for the right, I think he would be perfect, and I think a big enough bid would get him due to Man City's debts (just depends if we have the cash)

Also I reckon its a matter of time before Souness makes more enemies up at Newcastle, so maybe someone like Kieron Dyer might become available in the summer for centre-mid?

For cheaper options elsewhere, Kuffour isnt a bad shout as I think he may be free in the summer

Wright-Philips is one of the better young English players. He has pace to burn and can score goals. But I still have question marks about how he would perform at a bigger club were opposition will regularly sit back and he won't be able to get in behind with his pace. Whenever I have seen him his build up play hasn’t impressed me. Reportedly the bank has told Man City that if a cash bid of 20Mil comes in they must accept. This seems a little excessive for a player who hasn't proven it in Europe or in the Champions League.

Dyer is a wanna be play boy and I wouldn’t take him for free. And he doesn’t have the defence qualities needed to play in the centre as he likes, the only way of him reviving his career is as a genuine right winger or as a second striker in the Bellamy mould.
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:44 pm

i can see us raiding valencia for a fair few players. they are in dire straits and the coach is one loss away from the sack (he'll be gone in may anyways)
the thing is, do we want players who play for a team in dire straits or do we accept that ayala and aimer can do a good job?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:44 pm

I don't how household they are as long as there good.

Kewell was a household name!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:46 pm

banana wrote:If I could choose only ONE player. I'd go for Aleksander Hleb. He is a fantastic player. Personally I think he would be an ideal replacement for Steven Gerrard if he leaves in the summer. Hleb is surely one of the best and most creative midfielders in the Bundesliga. I also think he is a good professional. There's no bullsh!t and he is no booze boy, late night party hoe f@ckin pimp.

A lot of players ruin their careers by acting like spoiled children. Kieron Dyer for instance. If he hadn't been out drinking 24/7 he could have become a great player. What about this Barton moran some want to sign? Not to mention Collymore, Hutchinson and the rest of the pack. Give me Aleksander Hleb and Xabi Alonso. Those guys are great players and they have a good professional attitude.

Aleksander Hleb is a very talented player, he is creates a lot and scores. He may be worth looking at if we could get him for a low risk fee.
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coxy » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:03 pm

Hi  all this is my first post although I have been avidly reading the forum for the last few months, so felt it was time to add my view point as I feel serious changes need to be made. We have a good core of players but no depth in the squad. I think Raffa will make big changes in the summer due to the lack of consistency in the team and some poor signings made in the past. Without turning this into a thread of where to get the funds I would like to see a huge clearout of these players as they are just not good enough for many reasons and although this is a huge cull of a squad is long over due.

Hamman
Foy
Luzi 
Hypia
Nunez
Smicer
Biscan
Diao
Pelligrino
Dudek
Kirkland
Vignal
Cheyrou
Diouf
Joesmi

The players I would love to see bought in to strengthen the squad are

Reina
Evra
Ibanez
Joaquin
Juaninto
Parker
Ballack
Rosicky
Aimar
Vincente
Cesar

This would make the 1st XI

Reina
Finnan Evra
Carragher Ibanez
Joaquin Vincente
Gerrard Alonso
Morientes Baros

With Carson, Juaninto Cesar, Riise Parker, Ballack, Rosicky, Garcia, Kewell, Aimar, Cisse, Pongolle, Mellor, Le tallec as the main squad and the up and coming youth members for cover also. I think this would make Liverpool a real force again. I have to be honest I think we could afford to buy these players if we get a bit of investment that is always being linked to us.  Before some one jumps down my throat about buying English just look at the nationality’s of the players I would like to see dumped from LFC.  Only Kirkland is English I believe and I would not have added him to the list if not for his injury list.  I would be interested to know your opinions.
coxy

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:07 pm

coxy wrote:Hi  all this is my first post although I have been avidly reading the forum for the last few months, so felt it was time to add my view point as I feel serious changes need to be made. We have a good core of players but no depth in the squad. I think Raffa will make big changes in the summer due to the lack of consistency in the team and some poor signings made in the past. Without turning this into a thread of where to get the funds I would like to see a huge clearout of these players as they are just not good enough for many reasons and although this is a huge cull of a squad is long over due.

Hamman
Foy
Luzi 
Hypia
Nunez
Smicer
Biscan
Diao
Pelligrino
Dudek
Kirkland
Vignal
Cheyrou
Diouf
Joesmi

The players I would love to see bought in to strengthen the squad are

Reina
Evra
Ibanez
Joaquin
Juaninto
Parker
Ballack
Rosicky
Aimar
Vincente
Cesar

This would make the 1st XI

Reina
Finnan Evra
Carragher Ibanez
Joaquin Vincente
Gerrard Alonso
Morientes Baros

With Carson, Juaninto Cesar, Riise Parker, Ballack, Rosicky, Garcia, Kewell, Aimar, Cisse, Pongolle, Mellor, Le tallec as the main squad and the up and coming youth members for cover also. I think this would make Liverpool a real force again. I have to be honest I think we could afford to buy these players if we get a bit of investment that is always being linked to us.  Before some one jumps down my throat about buying English just look at the nationality’s of the players I would like to see dumped from LFC.  Only Kirkland is English I believe and I would not have added him to the list if not for his injury list.  I would be interested to know your opinions.

my opinion is you've been playing too much champ manager :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kid a » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:51 pm

My opinion, is that from judging from that post - you don't have a firm hold on the real world. And should probably be on some type on medication...
Kid a

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion