Our targets players we will miss out on - In this transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:03 pm

Why would Real want Silva if they're getting Ribery anyway? Obviously they're going back to the whole "Galactico" approach again only this time it won't work. Maybe one day they'll think about buying some defenders.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:23 pm

stmichael wrote:Being a Liverpool fan during transfer windows is depressing. :down:

We should all go on holiday this time next year.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desmdlow » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:45 am

I think rafa will go for cheap & little known or forgotten players as we are definitely not going to win any bidding wars.. Anybody know of Zhirkov?? tot i saw him doing quite well in the Euros..
desmdlow

Postby Owzat » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:40 am

Ace Ventura wrote:I would take Tuncay at 6 million, not sure what to do about the right full back if Chelsea are in for Johnson but hopefully we have alternatives.

re Johnson, he may or may not be worth the kind of figures that have been associated with him, but even if our financial situation allows us to spend £12m+ on him, should we? Whatever is said about Rafa's spending, he needs to start buying more value for money players. Not throw £7m at Dossena, bring in Degen on a free and hope he works. (maybe we'd find out if he stayed fit)

Can we really afford to sign the likes of Barry and Johnson for £12m and hope they improve the team?!?

Ace Ventura wrote:On Barry - arent the majority relieved anyway.

I would have taken him but am not bothered too much either way.

Another overpriced English player, when is Rafa going to learn? I read somewhere that we are being linked with Crouch for £4m, like he's going to come back to the same situation he left (think it was reportedly in the mirror) Wouldn't be the worst back up for £4m, but would we want the kind of tactics would return with him? It would open up the 4-4-2 debate and all sorts of worms would be freed from that sealed can.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:17 am

Owzat wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:I would take Tuncay at 6 million, not sure what to do about the right full back if Chelsea are in for Johnson but hopefully we have alternatives.

re Johnson, he may or may not be worth the kind of figures that have been associated with him, but even if our financial situation allows us to spend £12m+ on him, should we? Whatever is said about Rafa's spending, he needs to start buying more value for money players. Not throw £7m at Dossena, bring in Degen on a free and hope he works. (maybe we'd find out if he stayed fit)

Can we really afford to sign the likes of Barry and Johnson for £12m and hope they improve the team?!?

Another overpriced English player, when is Rafa going to learn? I read somewhere that we are being linked with Crouch for £4m, like he's going to come back to the same situation he left (think it was reportedly in the mirror) Wouldn't be the worst back up for £4m, but would we want the kind of tactics would return with him? It would open up the 4-4-2 debate and all sorts of worms would be freed from that sealed can.

IF Crouch wanted to come back and understood he was a squad player then at 4 million i would take him back.
He is a good player that does score goals and would provide a useful alternative in games that we are not breaking teams down.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:24 am

By "useful alternative" you mean hoof long in the belief somehow that might lead to a goal?!?!? He's not that good in the air, I prefer long balls to only be used to feet eg Pepe clearing quickly upfield or a defender/midfielder passing forward for strikers/midfielders to run onto. He's not quick either, he's most effective when sides give him room to play but then what players don't look good when afforded that luxury
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:29 am

This Crouch story must be :censored:. Rafa's kitty should not be affected by the recent news as he was aware of this when signing a new contract. I am sure he is not thinking of Crouch seriously. There are other better options if we want a target man - Dzenko, Pogrebnyak,
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:20 pm

Rumour has it more big guns are moving in on Dzeko, shame that and maybe Rafa could have moved in sooner to negotiate bids with clubs before the summer (they can't go through until the window is open, but early birds end up with worms while late birds end up with piles from sitting on their b-sides)

I think it's fairly safe to say most big names in football have already moved according to one rumour or another one or three hundred rumours. Maybe instead of hoping we buy someone big before they're all gone, we should be hoping someone big buys us........................
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:54 pm

Dzeko is one of the hottest properties on Europe. Anyway I think he has said to Arsenal he doesn't even want to come to England.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:38 pm

Owzat wrote:By "useful alternative" you mean hoof long in the belief somehow that might lead to a goal?!?!? He's not that good in the air, I prefer long balls to only be used to feet eg Pepe clearing quickly upfield or a defender/midfielder passing forward for strikers/midfielders to run onto. He's not quick either, he's most effective when sides give him room to play but then what players don't look good when afforded that luxury

He might not be great in the air but he can hold it up and he is a threat.
He scores goals as well.

So to me thats a useful alternative to Ngog  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:49 pm

I do not believe this summers transfer budget will be affected by
the financial situation, but next summer or the one after that we will be in a world of hurt if nothing changes.
If we continue to loose 40 million a year twit and :censored: won't be able to get any more loans to buy players. YES, all players we have bought since they arrived has been paid by RBS with interest. That will not be allowed to continue with the current
business plan of the owners.

And each year Twit and :censored: raise the value of the club with as much as they take out in loan each year...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:29 pm

I'm not concerned at all.

Historically we don't sign any players unless I'm on holiday - happens every year!!

Since I don't go for almost three weeks we can expect a bit more inactivity until I unleash the beer belly on the beaches of the Dominican Republic, then all hell will break loose and as usual I'll hear nothing about it until I'm back :cool:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 am

john craig wrote:I'm not concerned at all.

Historically we don't sign any players unless I'm on holiday - happens every year!!

Since I don't go for almost three weeks we can expect a bit more inactivity until I unleash the beer belly on the beaches of the Dominican Republic, then all hell will break loose and as usual I'll hear nothing about it until I'm back :cool:

So its your fault we didnt get Kaka?   :oops:

Gotta gone on holiday in the FIRST WEEK of the wndow next year mate!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:47 am

Owzat wrote:

Right. But not english player, british player who plays in the premier league. The price shoots up, especially if they are british, with Keane rafa proved the point. Anyone who argues against the foreigners dominating the premiership, are usually journalists, who also boost the price of a british player who can do the basics in football, as in kick a ball.

We have been linked with Barry for a daft price and signed Keane for a daft amount. It always amazes me how the prices for british players in the premier league who do the basics in football are overpriced.

For me though, I wont be bothered if we dont sign anyone. What matters to me is rafa sticking to the attitude of attacking and winning the league. The draws have proven to be our undoing, even with Gerrard and Torres fit, against the lesser teams, the attitude was poor. Later on however, without one or the other, or both, we still showed a better attitude and got the result. Additions will be nice, but for me its down to rafa. If he goes for it throughout next season, as he did the latter half of last season, any new signings wont make much of a difference. Ultimately, its down to rafa. And his attitude reflects on the team.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:18 am

Before Bazza became a relatively regular England international would villa have asked £18m? I reckon that "accolade" alone raised their asking price, that and the clubs pursuing him.

I often wonder what value joe public and the media rate Ashley Young now. I don't think he's progressed as much as villa may have hoped he would and certainly not to leprechaun's £30m "valuation". It is laughable that a "£30m footballer" couldn't get into the England XI bearing in mind few of them commanded even a £20m+ fee

GK Robinson £3.5m
RB Richards n/a (worth maybe £7m+)
LB A.Cole £20m (reported value of transfer)
CB Terry n/a (worth maybe £17m+)
CB Ferdinand £30m
RM Beckham £25m (fee to Madrid I believe)
LM J.Cole £7m
CM Gerrard n/a (worth more than £30m)
CM Lampard £11m (a few years ago mind)
CM Barry £12m
CF Rooney £25m

A few others worth a mention or "subs" if you like, not that Beckham is much of a starter these days he did cost more than most of the alternates

GK Green £2m
RB G.Neville n/a (probably worth c. £1m-£2m at his age with his injury problems)
LB Baines £6m
CB Jagielka £4m
CB Brown n/a (probably worth £5m+)
CB Woodgate £8m
CB Lescott £5m
WG Wright-Phillips £21m (to Chelsea)
WG A.Young £9.65m
WG Bentley £15m
WG Walcott £5m
WG Lennon £1m
CM Hargreaves £17m
CM Carrick £18m
CM Jenas £8.6m
CF Owen £16m/£17m
CF Crouch £11m
CF D.Bent £16m
CF Heskey £11m (to Liverpool)

A lot of inflated prices there, I think English players are normally 50% over what they are/were really worth. So an £18m fee goes with a £12m footballer, a £16m fee with a £10.5m footballer and £7m for a player worth maybe £5m.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion