Summer transfer targets.... - Who?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Joeblackisachimp wrote:yes ok, slate me for suggesting we sell Lucas, Meireles and Maxi, but how long have they been playing for the club, and until January, were rated by most LFC supporters as "average" before King kenny arrived. and every one wanted them out.

Are you saying that as soon as Dalglish arrived, they thought.."i know I can actually play!"  :D

They have only played well for the past 4 months out of 3 years or so. although Meireles did ok under Hodgson and bagged a couple.

there is a danger if you keep them, that next season their performaces will drop. Rolling the dice IMO

Lucas has improved, but not that much. before Kenny, people had their head in their hands cringing if he was in the starting line up! Remember?

Just because Maxi has bagged 2 hatricks, doesn't make him world class. he could not shoot for toffee before Janaury in about three years at Anfield.

I don't rate em personally.

My Midfield next year would be:

RM: Aaron Lennon   CM Gerrard   CDM Adam   LM Bale/kuyt

Remember Chelski are gonna get Kaka, City and Utd will go out and Spend, and Prob the Arsenal. talk of Naysmith and Young? and Spending in the bargain basement?

Kenny will have to be some magician to pull off a league title shopping in the bargain basements IMO.
:buttrock :D

You are clueless

No Benny, he's right. Any player who was good this season we should buy, as they may not be as good next season. We should really just go for players who have been awful, as next season there is surely a big chance they will come good.

We should definately buy Lennon Bale and Adam, that is the perfect answer  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Fri May 20, 2011 6:57 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Joeblackisachimp wrote:yes ok, slate me for suggesting we sell Lucas, Meireles and Maxi, but how long have they been playing for the club, and until January, were rated by most LFC supporters as "average" before King kenny arrived. and every one wanted them out.

Are you saying that as soon as Dalglish arrived, they thought.."i know I can actually play!"  :D

They have only played well for the past 4 months out of 3 years or so. although Meireles did ok under Hodgson and bagged a couple.

there is a danger if you keep them, that next season their performaces will drop. Rolling the dice IMO

Lucas has improved, but not that much. before Kenny, people had their head in their hands cringing if he was in the starting line up! Remember?

Just because Maxi has bagged 2 hatricks, doesn't make him world class. he could not shoot for toffee before Janaury in about three years at Anfield.

Remember Chelski are gonna get Kaka, City and Utd will go out and Spend, and Prob the Arsenal. talk of Naysmith and Young? and Spending in the bargain basement?

Kenny will have to be some magician to pull off a league title shopping in the bargain basements IMO.

You are clueless

No Benny, he's right. Any player who was good this season we should buy, as they may not be as good next season. We should really just go for players who have been awful, as next season there is surely a big chance they will come good.

We should definately buy Lennon Bale and Adam, that is the perfect answer  :D

:bowdown

Now THAT is sarcasm!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat May 21, 2011 5:04 am

Steve Clarke was quoted as saying we don't need an overhaul just 2 or 3 players, personally think we need a couple more than that.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat May 21, 2011 8:39 am

Sky are reporting that Spurs, Arsenal and us are all after Scott Parker. I would love him to come here. How old is he?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Waldo » Sat May 21, 2011 8:42 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Sky are reporting that Spurs, Arsenal and us are all after Scott Parker. I would love him to come here. How old is he?

30/31 I think. Still got a good couple of seasons in him.

I would take him at Anfield for sure. Would add real steel in the middle of the park.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 21, 2011 8:58 am

Waldo wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Sky are reporting that Spurs, Arsenal and us are all after Scott Parker. I would love him to come here. How old is he?

30/31 I think. Still got a good couple of seasons in him.

I would take him at Anfield for sure. Would add real steel in the middle of the park.

i wouldn't. he performs best when he is a big fish in a small pond. im not so sure of any other British alternatives. the only one whom i can think of and would fit the NESV profile is Fabrice Muamba or Michael Johnson.

Varela is doing pretty well with Porto too. decent option.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Scottbot » Sat May 21, 2011 9:24 am

roberto green wrote:Exciting times, exciting times indeed.As much as I loved Rafa you knew the type of player he would always go for.With Kenny you know he will look for entertaining skillfull type players.

I would love him to find/create another Beardsley Barnes and Aldridge again.

:)

We've already got the Beardsley! Just need to find the Barnes and Aldridge!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat May 21, 2011 9:34 am

I really like Parker but i'm not sure where he would fit in with our squad. For me he is the sort of player you would get in as a replacement for players like Lucas and Spearing but Kenny likies both of those lads and has given them new contracts so i'm not sure it will/would happen. However, Charlie Adam is different to what we have, he's left footed, he's superb at set-pieces, and he's a better passer of the ball (than Parker) and i think he'd add something new to our midfield. Gerrard, Adam, Lucas, Spaering and Mereilles is not a bad 5 to choose from is it? You've got goals, tackles, agression, power and creatitivity with those 5 players.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat May 21, 2011 10:03 am

I like Parker and Adam but just get the impression Kenny is looking at players better than what we already have and not sure whether he would see these in that way.

I think, or guess, he is looking at a couple of marquee signings rather than a few £5 to £10 million one's, but whether that happens I don't know.

I can't see any of our current midfielders leaving, especially given the goals Maxi has been scoring and we might have Aqualani coming back too. Adam is possibly more likely as he offers something different.
And there's Poulsen too....unfortunatley!

If we don't sign at least we won't have to listen to "Scotty" all season.  :)
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat May 21, 2011 10:29 am

Johnny Boy wrote:Steve Clarke was quoted as saying we don't need an overhaul just 2 or 3 players, personally think we need a couple more than that.

I wouldnt take that quote too seriously
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby only me » Sat May 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:

You are clueless

No he actuelly hit the nail spot on. Lucas ,Maxi and Meirele aren't top class players and we will never win the title with those guys. I understand Lucas for some bizzar twisted reason has become a demi god in your eyes from a water pusher but it still doesn't change reality. The 3 of them are W-Brom material at best and the fact they connected between the 3 of them some decent performance shouldn't blind us...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat May 21, 2011 1:12 pm

only me wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

You are clueless

No he actuelly hit the nail spot on. Lucas ,Maxi and Meirele aren't top class players and we will never win the title with those guys. I understand Lucas for some bizzar twisted reason has become a demi god in your eyes from a water pusher but it still doesn't change reality. The 3 of them are W-Brom material at best and the fact they connected between the 3 of them some decent performance shouldn't blind us...

At the risk of sounding abrupt.. total cack!

Those players are good players, and they are good enough. To say they are of a West Brom standard is an insult...

Lucas is a regular in the Brazil side as are the other two for Portugal and Argentina.. hardly the bottom of the line for international standards!

Lucas is a young player and is improving year on year.... again the other two have only just completed their first full seasons in the EPL and are stepping up to the pace and physical sides... they are plenty good enough..

Your post is a total joke, there is no substance...If you are going to post :censored:, evidence it!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat May 21, 2011 1:49 pm

To be honest about Lucas, he's middle ground between JoeBlackchimp & onlyme's opinions, and that of Crazy horse and anyone else who think he's the 'nuts' opinions.

:nod

The Lucas scale:

BAD ------------------------------------AVERAGE------------------------------GOOD
                                                ^
                                              where Lucas
                                                   sits
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat May 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:To be honest about Lucas, he's middle ground between JoeBlackchimp & onlyme's opinions, and that of Crazy horse and anyone else who think he's the 'nuts' opinions.

:nod

The Lucas scale:

BAD ------------------------------------AVERAGE------------------------------GOOD
                                                ^
                                              where Lucas
                                                   sits

I dont think he is the nuts mate.. he is a good player in my opinion, and has a lot of potential.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat May 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Can we improve on Lucas in the middle, well, in the words of Obama...

Will we though, with more pressing positions?

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion