Potential january transfer activity - Who should we get in jan!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:25 pm

lakes10 wrote:"Liverpool are the latest club to enter the race to sign Cliftonville striker Rory Donnelly.

Cliftonville chairman Gerard Lawlor told BBC Sport NI that he had been contacted by Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish about Donnelly on Sunday.
"

dont know much about him.

If he is anything older than 16 we should not be intrested. I don't know anything about him and that is the point.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:28 pm

kazza wrote:
lakes10 wrote:"Liverpool are the latest club to enter the race to sign Cliftonville striker Rory Donnelly.

Cliftonville chairman Gerard Lawlor told BBC Sport NI that he had been contacted by Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish about Donnelly on Sunday.
"

If he is anything older than 16 we should not be intrested. I don't know anything about him and that is the point.

He's 17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ7Dkby3vTY

Not bad
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:33 pm

damjan193 wrote:
kazza wrote:

"

He's 17

Not bad

"The club have accepted an offer of around £100,000 from Swansea for the 19-year-old while Donnelly has also been linked with Everton.

Cliftonville want Donnelly's future to be sorted out before Christmas.

Donnelly is in Wales on Monday to discuss personal terms with Swansea City.

However, Lawlor is now expecting Liverpool to follow up Dalglish's initial contact with a follow-up call on Monday.

Donnelly has scored 17 goals this season, several of them spectacular, leading to interest from several clubs.
"
BBC NEWS

so as he is 19 we must be looking to give him a run in the first team....17 goals this season? so that where our wood work goals have gone!
Last edited by lakes10 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:38 pm

lakes10 wrote:
damjan193 wrote:
kazza wrote:

"

He's 17

Not bad

"The club have accepted an offer of around £100,000 from Swansea for the 19-year-old while Donnelly has also been linked with Everton.

However, Lawlor is now expecting Liverpool to follow up Dalglish's initial contact with a follow-up call on Monday.

Donnelly has scored 17 goals this season, several of them spectacular, leading to interest from several clubs.
"
BBC NEWS

so as he is 19 we must be looking to give him a run in the first team....17 goals this season? so that where our wood work goals have gone!

19  :oops: Worth a try but if he hasn't made it out of a club that hardly anyone knows until now then there's not much hope.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:19 pm

£100k not a lot of money for a young man who looks like he has plenty of potential.

Swansea v LFC ..... hmmm ....let me think where he would choose ???
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Waldo wrote:£100k not a lot of money for a young man who looks like he has plenty of potential.

Connor Wickham turned us down to go to Sunderland.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Bojan Krkic and Shinji Kagawa please....
maypaxvobiscum

Postby parchpea » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Anyone that can stick the ball in the net really. Its not rocket science, our goal tally is very poor. If we can get someone to convert the chances then we will have a shot at 4th so its a must really and surely its imperative they find one in January. Defence is looking great by the way, best for a long time, just the end product now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Torres didn't want to play for us - he put in a transfer request to go to one off our rivals - he made his bed he can suffer the consequences of his actions .

Torres has never been the same footballer since his injury - forget this we would get him back to his best within 6 weeks - that's romantic notions based on nothing , the 6 months prior to him leaving he was a sulky broken striker .

Let him rot .

this is exactly what has me torn on the Torres returning issue. Based on the last two years there is absolutely nothing to suggest Torres will be a success if we were to buy him back - and yes, I believe it is one of those romantic notions that makes me believe it's as simple to put him in Liverpool red and he'd start banging them him. We'd be fooling ourselves if we believed it really was that simple.

He turned his back on us and then stuck the knife in with interview after interview, no thanks to LFC or the fans, nothing. Since the move he's struggled and now he can't break into the first team to put a decent run of minutes together nevermind get on the goalscoring trail.

On what we've seen at Chelsea I wouldn't touch him with yours
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Torres didn't want to play for us - he put in a transfer request to go to one off our rivals - he made his bed he can suffer the consequences of his actions .

Torres has never been the same footballer since his injury - forget this we would get him back to his best within 6 weeks - that's romantic notions based on nothing , the 6 months prior to him leaving he was a sulky broken striker .

Let him rot .

this is exactly what has me torn on the Torres returning issue. Based on the last two years there is absolutely nothing to suggest Torres will be a success if we were to buy him back - and yes, I believe it is one of those romantic notions that makes me believe it's as simple to put him in Liverpool red and he'd start banging them him. We'd be fooling ourselves if we believed it really was that simple.

He turned his back on us and then stuck the knife in with interview after interview, no thanks to LFC or the fans, nothing. Since the move he's struggled and now he can't break into the first team to put a decent run of minutes together nevermind get on the goalscoring trail.

On what we've seen at Chelsea I wouldn't touch him with yours

Someone who can see reality as opposed to a fairytale - good post Greavsie .
Benny The Noon

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:05 pm

kazza wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Deserting LFC with its glorious history and heritage for chelsea, the club that bought success with dirty money.
From Kenyon the rat to Abramovich the gangster. From Mourinho the bullshitter to Drogba the cheat. Cashley (its not about the money)Tweedy, Fat Frank the imposter, JT the WAG sh'agger, Essian the leg snapper.

:laugh:

I'll take that as a "no" then Thommo !  :D

Its folly to even suggest Torres might be returning. The lad's Ego is bigger than Steve Bruce's head !

With 3 losses all season, going well in the Cup and in Suarez possessing the premierships best player by a mile I'd say we are not in bad shape going into the second half of the season :)

Leave well alone, let Kenny get on with his rebuilding and enjoy the ride.

Walk on ...........

Happy Christmas !  :buttrock
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 am

lakes10 wrote:
Waldo wrote:?100k not a lot of money for a young man who looks like he has plenty of potential.

No he didn't, he is a boyhood Liverpool fan and wanted to join us, he even stalled the sunderland offer so Ipswich and Liverpool could work out a deal. However, we didn't want to meet Ipswich's asking price so he joined Sunderland
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:18 pm

lakes10 wrote:
damjan193 wrote:
kazza wrote:

"

He's 17

Not bad

"
BBC NEWS

Being from Northern Ireland I can tell you (if you didn't already know) that the local league is of a really poor standard.

This kid Donnelly has looked great in that league but it gives absolutely no indication of what his potential is, such is the standard.

Cliftonville had another good prospect a season or two back, he got signed by Werder Bremen but to date I don't think he's appeared in their first team and he's been there a year at least I think.

The only player that has looked good in that league who has gone on to play in the Premiership (to my knowledge anyway) is Glen Little.  Played for Glentoran and went on to play for Burnley and Portsmouth among others.  Hardly a world beater but looked like a superstar when he played in the Irish league.

If Kenny/Comolli see something in this kid then why not?  He'll cost buttons and if he turns out decent then happy days.  Plus from a personal point of view I'd love a local lad to make his mark at LFC.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:43 pm

metalhead wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Waldo wrote:?100k not a lot of money for a young man who looks like he has plenty of potential.

No he didn't, he is a boyhood Liverpool fan and wanted to join us, he even stalled the sunderland offer so Ipswich and Liverpool could work out a deal. However, we didn't want to meet Ipswich's asking price so he joined Sunderland

wrong

"The Daily Mail understands that Ipswich starlet Connor Wickham could be set for a move to Liverpool this summer, but Kenny Dalglish has been told to up his bid from £8 million to £10 million."

"On 29 June 2011, Wickham signed a four year deal with Premier League club Sunderland for a fee of £8 million"

"Sky are just breaking the news that Sunderland have completed the signing of Connor Wickham, and what's more, they're saying that the player himself turned down Liverpool and chose Sunderland because he felt it was the better move to progress his career.
"
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:15 pm

lakes10 wrote:
metalhead wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

wrong

"The Daily Mail understands that Ipswich starlet Connor Wickham could be set for a move to Liverpool this summer, but Kenny Dalglish has been told to up his bid from £8 million to £10 million."

"On 29 June 2011, Wickham signed a four year deal with Premier League club Sunderland for a fee of £8 million"

"Sky are just breaking the news that Sunderland have completed the signing of Connor Wickham, and what's more, they're saying that the player himself turned down Liverpool and chose Sunderland because he felt it was the better move to progress his career.
"

Well we don't want players who's not confident anyway...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion