How do you rate this summer's transfer activity ?! - No plans to sign more big money players!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:29 am

We still need a striker and a wide left player imo. Ideally, one man who can play in both positions to great effect. Babel doesn't have the right attitude imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:32 am

With no men going out, we need a striker and probably a CB, unless Agger stays fit once and for all.

I guess Johnson has reduced the need for someone in the right, as it seems he could replace what Kuyt does?

If Alonso goes and so it seems, it seems not realistic to have just one holding midfielder for all the season. If Mascherano goes injured until now you had Alonso to do that role, but I don't think Plessis or Lucas are a good option when mascherano is not available.

So far I'm a bit worried with the current transfer window.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:38 am

Sabre wrote:So far I'm a bit worried with the current transfer window.

I wouldn't worry mate. It's just one of those summers whereby it's really hard to get value for money as the ridiculous business made by Man City and Real Madrid has inflated the market and pushed player prices throught the roof.

With the exception of City, the top clubs in this country have been relatively quiet. I think we'll see a lot of business quite late in the window.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:58 am

I think it's likely that rafa has known for some time that either Alonso or Masherano would be off, and he's waiting till he gets the cash for it all to happen. I'm not too concerned as of now, particularly if this Negredo bloke is any good. I am hopeful Sneijder will be alright as it happens.

I am though very happy with the Johnson signing, I think it'll prove to be inspired.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ElNino9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:09 am

Apparentely Alonso's signing for madrid for €23m + Negredo and also Sneijder will come but only on loan. I think Sneijder is a great player but it is good to get him on loan and see how good he is in the prem first before we decide whether to sign him up or not. Negredo will be worth alot in the future so that would be a great deal.
ElNino9

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion