Potential january transfer activity - Who should we get in jan!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:28 am

Dalglish wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Bent is a good choice too though... He can have the same effect as Bellamy and he's more likely gonna be alot more prolific than Carroll...

??? Not sure about Bent.

Being more prolific than Carroll won't be difficult !

What you have to also consider is that Bent plays almost 100% of games when fit. His Goals ratio to mins on pitch is not even in the Top 20 Premiership Goalscorers.

At Charlton, Sunderland and Villa he was/is first choice and always plays so it skews his goals output. At Spurs he didn't always start and his record was very poor.

I wouldn't rush out and buy someone like we did last season when we splurged £35 Million on Carroll. January is an awful time to bring in new players and I've never liked it.

Peter Odewinge is worth a punt as long as we don't spend silly money. The alternative is to sit this one out and build for next season and hope we pick up one of the Cups.

Getting 4th place is a priority which will make it alot easier for us to attract top talent and re-build. The way I see it, with our stuttering goal scoring form, it will be very difficult to achieve 4th spot since we will be competing with Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and possibly even Newcastle. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking we have turned a corner after the 3-1 win over Newcastle and the return of our captain.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:07 pm

imo failure to add in january will leave us short come may.
goals have been a problem all season and what we have isnt good enough to get the goals required in the long run.
completely obvious after the newcastle match that we are a one man team and if were relying on stevie to stay fit for the rest of the season then we are in trouble especially if suarez is banned.
id love to see us land hazard and i wouldnt mind seeing us pay up to 30mil for him.another shout is matt jarvis and im sure we could land him for half of what we paid for stew.we could also loan wolves a player or two to sweeten the deal.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:47 pm

red till i die!! wrote:imo failure to add in january will leave us short come may.
goals have been a problem all season and what we have isnt good enough to get the goals required in the long run.
completely obvious after the newcastle match that we are a one man team and if were relying on stevie to stay fit for the rest of the season then we are in trouble especially if suarez is banned.
id love to see us land hazard and i wouldnt mind seeing us pay up to 30mil for him.another shout is matt jarvis and im sure we could land him for half of what we paid for stew.we could also loan wolves a player or two to sweeten the deal.

i rather we buy someone like Marko Marin, Marco Reus, Ganso, etc. i am sure there's another Chicarito out there to be found instead of another overpriced English player in the team. they are the worse players when it comes to technical ability and flair, and massively overrated by the same media that launches attack after attack on them during international tournaments.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:14 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:imo failure to add in january will leave us short come may.

i rather we buy someone like Marko Marin, Marco Reus, Ganso, etc. i am sure there's another Chicarito out there to be found instead of another overpriced English player in the team. they are the worse players when it comes to technical ability and flair, and massively overrated by the same media that launches attack after attack on them during international tournaments.

How much do you actually know about all these countless amount of foriegn players you keep mentioning we should buy ? Do you watch them on a regular basis or go by what the media say or use the power off

Last edited by Benny The Noon on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:18 pm

please God not Darren Bent, he just screams mid table. He's a classic example of guy who is good being the star man in average team, his game is far to limited to play for a top side.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:please God not Darren Bent, he just screams mid table. He's a classic example of guy who is good being the star man in average team, his game is far to limited to play for a top side.

Cant see KK buying a striker to be honest
Unless its Torres...
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:36 am

i would really like to see Torres return. he would find his old form with us, not his current club. their style of play is just not suited to him.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:58 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i would really like to see Torres return. he would find his old form with us, not his current club. their style of play is just not suited to him.

He needs hugs
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:06 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i would really like to see Torres return. he would find his old form with us, not his current club. their style of play is just not suited to him.

Torres' betrayal is worse than Owen's if Owen's could even be called a betrayal. Dont' want him near our club... end of story... besides he has not looked himself since after the World Cup and only raised his game against Chelsea to put himself in the shop window... and what makes you so sure he will perform under Kenny's system... He wasn't a prolific scorer for Athletico he isn't a regular scorer at chelsea... he only scored lots of goals under Rafa...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:please God not Darren Bent, he just screams mid table. He's a classic example of guy who is good being the star man in average team, his game is far to limited to play for a top side.

:nod  Couldn't agree more.

Feel the same way about him as I do Downing, i.e. "a nearly man" Looks good playing in a mid table side not nearly good enough for a top four team.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:27 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

:nod  Couldn't agree more.

Feel the same way about him as I do Downing, i.e. "a nearly man" Looks good playing in a mid table side not nearly good enough for a top four team.

Prefer to have Downing then Darren Bent. Anyway, I just get a feeling the whole DB thing is a smoke screen...........

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:58 pm

i really hope these rumours regarding bent have no truth to them.
he has 3 and a half years left on his contract so he wouldnt be cheap and we'd be so foolish to overspend on another average player who in the long run isnt good enough to play here.
it would be the dearest piece of sellotape we ever bought
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby sully0182 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:32 am

i'd take torres back,,,for the simple reason he's started to look sharp again against wolves the other night, he's gonna start scoring at chelsea this month mark my words, u can't keep a player of that quality down and i certainly don't buy into this "he only scores for rafa" rubbish!

Still hate him though...
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:43 am

Hope we stop getting british players (if we are gonna sign anyone this transfer window).

Yohan Cabaye was signed for 4.3 mill....and he looks better than adam & henderson combined.

Seriously .....our best british signing since KK took over is bellamy.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:21 pm

How about Honda? He is getting towards the end of his contract with CSKA
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion