NETT TRANSFER ACTIVITY OF THE LAST 5 YEARS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:56 pm

Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 pm wrote:Sure, when we have a miracleworker it doesn't matter but those blood suckers won't stop taking money out when he is gone.

They're a sports management company and they make their money from commercial ventures, whether it be football, baseball or nascar they need their team's to be successful to generate increased commercial interests and investors. Its not about taking money out of the club, its about the clubs success making money for them.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:15 pm

Boocity » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:56 pm wrote:
Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 pm wrote:Sure, when we have a miracleworker it doesn't matter but those blood suckers won't stop taking money out when he is gone.

They're a sports management company and they make their money from commercial ventures, whether it be football, baseball or nascar they need their team's to be successful to generate increased commercial interests and investors. Its not about taking money out of the club, its about the clubs success making money for them.

So?
it's a big difference in running a club like a business and as a cash cow. Normal owners use the money the club generate to invest back into the club.
American owners use the money the club generate to put into their backpocket.
The onwers were treating the club like **** for years, prioritizing everything else. Nothing then changed but for the hiring of Klopp, maybe the best manager there is. So perfect for the owners. Still very little investment from the owners,
while Klopp makes wine out of water, increasing the value of all the players so the onwers can pay for everything from player sales. Very nice to pocket all that CL money.

There will never be a new stadium, which was once so important, but now after american bullshitting everyone now think we don't need it anymore. They just can't do anything wrong while laughing all the way to the bank...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:28 pm

Penguins » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:15 pm wrote:
Boocity » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:56 pm wrote:

So?
it's a big difference in running a club like a business and as a cash cow. Normal owners use the money the club generate to invest back into the club.
American owners use the money the club generate to put into their backpocket.
The onwers were treating the club like **** for years, prioritizing everything else. Nothing then changed but for the hiring of Klopp, maybe the best manager there is. So perfect for the owners. Still very little investment from the owners,
while Klopp makes wine out of water, increasing the value of all the players so the onwers can pay for everything from player sales. Very nice to pocket all that CL money.

There will never be a new stadium, which was once so important, but now after american bullshitting everyone now think we don't need it anymore. They just can't do anything wrong while laughing all the way to the bank...

Christ you are f*cking clueless

What money do you think the owners have put into their back pocket ?

Why do the owners need to invest more money ? They invested millions buying the club

The owners spent years trying to improve our commercial standing in the game to give managers the platform get success

We don’t need a new stadium - never have done , they have done and will continue to redevelop Anfield , that beats building any new stadium

You clearly haven’t got the first clue about how the club is run
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:37 pm

devaney » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:03 am wrote:
eds » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:01 pm wrote:My main gripe with them a few years back was that we weren't spending enough to improve our side.

The 20m spent here and the 15m spent over there, scatter gun approach on the under 25 year old hot prospects was killing us without a solid spine.

But since Klopp arrived they have not only kept up with the crazy market rate on players but have seen us lead the market in some instances, like at the time paying a world record fee for Van Dijk. The money that we then spent to bring in the likes of Alison, Keita, Fabinho has really signaled our intent that we are f**king about anymore.

So with that said I will gladly shut up about the owners, they have been doing a great job backing Klopp and the committee.

Great post. Sh1t mate I never thought I'd see the day  :laugh: Sometimes we just need to have a bit of patience and I like everybody else can understand just how frustrating supporting LFC has been for quite a long time now. I was lucky enough to enjoy the Shankly and Paisley years but to be honest the pleasure I am getting from seeing my son and daughter who were born in the eighties witness the Klopp years is something special. They've waited a very long time to really appreciate what LFC is all about as they were too young in the eighties to understand all the fuss.

How are things in your part of the world?  Hopefully you are in one of the safe areas.

Thanks Dev.

I was also born in the 80s so never really got to witness our great side of the 70s and 80s first hand. It was hard seeing the likes of Manchester, Arsenal and then Chelsea have those period of success while we struggled. I knew that when appointed Klopp things were going to change though, and my attitude towards the owners started finally changing. Haha.

Bushfires have been crazy but yeah living in Melbourne we have been quite sheltered from it all. Other than having had to put up with some pretty horrendous days where the air quality has plummeted. Nothing compared to the poor people who have lost their lives or homes though. Also not counting the insane loss of wildlife and great parts of our ecology destroyed. Thanks for asking though mate.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:47 am

Good to hear. Keep safe.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)