Who will you transfer list? - For the january transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:13 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Hebz wrote:I doubt Gud-diver-Johnson would come here, didn't he slate us in the press once? plus I wouldn't like him in the team, faking that slap that riena apparently did. Players like him give football a bad name, hope that just stays as a rumour!

That wasn't him, mate--that was Robben. :D  He did, however, dive to get Alonso booked in the first leg of the CL semi back in 2005.  Alonso missed the return tie at Anfield and Gudjohnssen missed a sitter in injury time.  Karma! :nod

My god you mods are cack, he didnt slap him he grabbed him by the neck. Choked the life out of him superman 3 style and no more robben! Jeez get it right !
Last edited by Kharhaz on Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:17 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Hebz wrote:I doubt Gud-diver-Johnson would come here, didn't he slate us in the press once? plus I wouldn't like him in the team, faking that slap that riena apparently did. Players like him give football a bad name, hope that just stays as a rumour!

That wasn't him, mate--that was Robben. :D  He did, however, dive to get Alonso booked in the first leg of the CL semi back in 2005.  Alonso missed the return tie at Anfield and Gudjohnssen missed a sitter in injury time.  Karma! :nod

I remember that like yesterday mate, block 104, row 6, seat 131 (Just behind Paisley won it 3 times....), one of the best nights of my life.

Just a reminder.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:33 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

I remember that like yesterday mate, block 104, row 6, seat 131 (Just behind Paisley won it 3 times....), one of the best nights of my life.

Just a reminder.

Electrifying still! :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:00 am

Kharhaz wrote:
slickrick wrote:what we're missin is a link man between midfield and attack, obvious to say i know but jus stating the obvious! someone in the totti, diego, deco mould??
the likes of riise, aurelio, kewell, hyypia, kuyt mus go...

zambrotta, quaresma, deco are the players we need,

better off to pay 30 million for 1 good player rather than pay 10 million each for 3 average players

Or....pay less than £10 million for more players like Hyypia, Hamann, Agger, its not impossible.

The problem is we're unlikely to get too many £20m+ players in one season, and Rafa seems to prefer quantity over quality. What we could really do with is a change of approach to side selection and Agger back. And instead of spending £6.5m on a defender made to look very bad by a non-league side, maybe we could have sold Crouch or Kuyt and spent £13m+ on a better striker.

I hear Sissoko thinks he's on the brink of joining Juve I think it was, if we get a fee then it would be too late surely to spend any of it. With the absence of much/any outgoing activity I reckon Rafa is set to keep his current squad, regardless the fact that three strikers have managed a mere 18 goals between them while both Gerrard and Torres have nearly that many each
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:34 am

Owzat wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
slickrick wrote:what we're missin is a link man between midfield and attack, obvious to say i know but jus stating the obvious! someone in the totti, diego, deco mould??

better off to pay 30 million for 1 good player rather than pay 10 million each for 3 average players

Or....pay less than £10 million for more players like Hyypia, Hamann, Agger, its not impossible.

The problem is we're unlikely to get too many £20m+ players in one season, and Rafa seems to prefer quantity over quality. What we could really do with is a change of approach to side selection and Agger back. And instead of spending £6.5m on a defender made to look very bad by a non-league side, maybe we could have sold Crouch or Kuyt and spent £13m+ on a better striker.

I hear Sissoko thinks he's on the brink of joining Juve I think it was, if we get a fee then it would be too late surely to spend any of it. With the absence of much/any outgoing activity I reckon Rafa is set to keep his current squad, regardless the fact that three strikers have managed a mere 18 goals between them while both Gerrard and Torres have nearly that many each

Sad times eh lads? Looks like we've blown the Januray Window.

There's no point even dreaming about bringing in players until the club settles the ownership issue and puts funds in place - then Rafa can plan how to most wisely use his warchest.

Until then, I suggest we buy back Robbie and get Rushie back in training, at least those two lads know how to score goals unlike the whooftas out there wearing red shirts these days ffs........
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:07 pm

Reg wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Sad times eh lads? Looks like we've blown the Januray Window.

There's no point even dreaming about bringing in players until the club settles the ownership issue and puts funds in place - then Rafa can plan how to most wisely use his warchest.

Until then, I suggest we buy back Robbie and get Rushie back in training, at least those two lads know how to score goals unlike the whooftas out there wearing red shirts these days ffs........

Many clubs don't usually buyl in january , the prices are too high as teams are seen as desperate , it think it's better if we wait till the summer and rafa can get better bargains
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:15 pm

Yeah but the january window was set up as being a test for the owners - Rafa made that quite clear which of course helped bring the ownership, refunding, stadium and transfer kitty issues to a head.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Think this thread would  be much  better if it was called who i would not transfer list
be a far shorter list
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:39 pm

Reg wrote:Yeah but the january window was set up as being a test for the owners - Rafa made that quite clear which of course helped bring the ownership, refunding, stadium and transfer kitty issues to a head.

to be fair mate we did sign skrtel , 7 million , i mean thats good enough , we wanted cover at the back and now we have it , wait till the summer , the y@nks have promised to give us funds ..
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby soccerzeze » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:54 pm

I just look at an internet site which sells to anyone a percentage of professional football players.

And we look for the possibility of any of us to buy a percentage of a player as Ronaldo, Messi, etc..?

I think it is an innovative concept, and I think it is worth looking at realplayermanager.

This is not a game

There are future young stars for sale.

The site is www.wwwwww.com
Last edited by supersub on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soccerzeze

Postby Bammo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:01 pm

I just googled that 'cause I was wondering how legal it was. Not only is the above spam post word-for-word on every other internet message board (regardless of club), the main site even has dodgy English on it :D

I wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't know the difference between "Logging" and "Log in" to draw up a legal contract of ownership. :laugh:
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:03 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Reg wrote:Yeah but the january window was set up as being a test for the owners - Rafa made that quite clear which of course helped bring the ownership, refunding, stadium and transfer kitty issues to a head.

to be fair mate we did sign skrtel , 7 million , i mean thats good enough , we wanted cover at the back and now we have it , wait till the summer , the y@nks have promised to give us funds ..

Yeah we had to sell Momo to buy Skrtel.  It's all a big deception.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:32 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

so what if we had to sell momo, he is cr@p and wasn't playing anyway. it would have been a greater opportunity cost to keep him
JoeTerp

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:16 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

so what if we had to sell momo, he is cr@p and wasn't playing anyway. it would have been a greater opportunity cost to keep him

I know that, but some people think that Skrtel was like a gift from Hicks or something.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:20 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

Cr@p?

:no
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion