Houllier - "no transfer activity in january" - Noone in, noone out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:02 pm

Houllier has announced that there will be no players coming into Anfield or leaving Anfield when the transfer window re-opens in January.  Wish I could remember where I read this

I'm more concerned we're not offloading some of his cr@p signings but we could still do with an adequate replacement for Owen when he is out. I guess he is banking on the return of Baros and Carragher, the latter of whom played 40 minutes of a specially arranged 60 minute match.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:53 am

Perhaps the Board is in a quandry, if they give Houllier spending money, he would waste them on cr@p nobody's from foreign leagues who would not totally be suitable to the premiership (it will also deprive the new manager of precious funds in the summer), but then if the squad is not strengthened, Houllier has the perfect excuse for failing to qualify for the Champions' League...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:04 am

this is good-- cutting his budget is tentamount to firing him-- he has to succeede with his signings or fail

moh will do well-- his teams have been hard to beat
vlady16.1

Postby bpm1976 » Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:55 pm

If the certain players we are being linked with Overmars etc are genuine targets I think its a pity, as long as we dont sign anymore useless ferking french players.
Wonder if any players will leave?  Fingers crossed.
bpm1976

Postby leothelion » Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:54 am

MAYBE HE SAID NO PLAYERS COMING IN OR OUT BUT NEVER MENTIONED ANY MANAGERS COMING IN OR OUT
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chinesegirl » Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:55 am

I'v no confidence for this season.:(
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby azriahmad » Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:39 am

Did Houllier mention "no players"? In the past, he did not buy many players, he just bought a legion of planks and mostly from the French league. The only real players he bought are Kewell and Kirkland....
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chinesegirl » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:01 am

Yes,Kewell and Kirkland are great!But others like diouf~~~
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby azriahmad » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:51 am

At the risk of infuriating a looney who thinks the world of Diouf (he called me many things for saying that Diouf is a flop), I still think that for all his talents, he can't score, he can;t shoot with accuracy, he has very little goal instinct, he tends to be over-elaborate in dribbling and his final ball delivery can be better, in short, he is a flop. however, if you merely look at entertainment value and commitment, perhaps he is OK or maybe good.
I believe he is totally unsuited to the premiership of the British game, in spite of all his skills. Speaking of skills, he is not as fast, nor as skillful as Henry and contribute far less assists! Even a defensive midfielder like Gilberto Silva can score more goals from open play than Diuof! I mentioned so many Arsenal players that you may think I am an Arsenal fan... far from it, I love Liverpool to death.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lcyleon2307 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:17 pm

??? Is there no tranfer activity in Jan.2004? It would be hardly to believe so as we might need at least 1 or 2 players on the pitch for the games on second half season 2003/04. Oh c'mon, do you think we can achieve higher with the current players who are not performing well? Let's organize it.
lcyleon2307

Postby Dom1 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:24 pm

WOAH HOW DO YOU GET YOUR FONT LIKE THAT MATE!!

OH YEAH AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM IT IS PRETTY BORING AND EMPTY AT THE MOMENT BU IT DOES GET BETTER I SWEAR!!

DOM1 :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby vlady16.1 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:41 am

just a though as i watched man u v celtic replay from the summer tour-- i realize it was a friendly, and celtic got it bad BUT they attacked and looked just like gh said he wanted to do this year-- therefore no transfer money = no more s****y french players-- as i said before you can't win the stanley cup with russians (unless your my beloved red wings and they are de-russifying) and you can't win the premier league with frenchies

who will mon bring with him- with soon to be sir mike (if f*****g beck's can it should be a given) ( i know he only got a minor title but he's a twit) would larrson work-- he's great up north but??

remember the plains of abraham-- we were freed of the french there  -- it can happen again
vlady16.1

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:50 am

Houllier bought nobody last January either, and at the moment, despite all the injuries and rubbish players, our squad looks a bit bloated.

There's a chance Vignal might return from loan but thats about it.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kopster AU » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:03 am

We must buy players in January - I can't see anything wrong with Pongolle and he is French and Le Tallec has had limited playing time. Comparing Diouf to Henry is like Comparing Chalk and Cheese they are completely different. Henry is one of the best players playing the game at the moment and Diouf is yet to prove himself. Overmars - we don't want, 2 Seasons and its all over. Boumsong - is a player that GH should have gone harder for. and if we miss getting Dijbril Cisse well there goes our backup for Owen. The board needs to get rid of Houllier put "Phabulous" Phil in charge and decide then who we get for next season. Houllier must go, we can't continue finishing 5 or 6 or even 7 we must start to make top 3 and then progress.

Bye Bye Gerard

Aussie Pool Fanatic
Kopster AU

Postby JBG » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:55 pm

We have a large squad made up of a lot of rubbish players on big money, so ideally we need to sell a few first to clear the decks before we bring in a few arrivals.

Its reported that Steven Gerrard will be out for most of January and with games against Chelsea, Spurs away (Houllier's boogie team) and a home game against a resurgant Aston Villa, it looks like a hard month ahead for us.

Bringing in a decent striker now who wouls score us 12-15 goals between now and the end of the season could solve a lot of problems, but can we trust Houllier to spend the money wisely?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion