Peter crouch - Crouch deal agreed for seven million

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:33 pm

Oh well weve signed a dragonfly  :D

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:38 pm

:D with eyes at the back of his head...

this could be a shrewd signing.. one player for the Premiership.. givem hell he will, I reckon.. in a squad where players will be rotated.. may be a revalation.. like Murph .. in the Boss I trust .. :)
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:39 pm

If you haven't got anything good to say don't say nothing. At least give him a chance with Liverpool before judging him, if he can score 16 goal's at Southampton with poor quality player's around him, then let's see what happen's with us.

And who ever keep's comparing football with vollyball, f*ck off and catch a grip you lunatic, the two sport's are totally incomparable.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:41 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:And who ever keep's comparing football with vollyball, f*ck off and catch a grip you lunatic, the two sport's are totally incomparable.

i think the guy was from overseas (spain i think!!) and he was attempting to mimic the good 'ole british dry sense of humour and sarcasm!!
76-1115222408

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:41 pm

I can't wait to see him play .... :D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:43 pm

He'd be good if we were...Liverpool City Basketball team!

He's another Heskey!

They say his medical is taking longer than expected, this is because they are having to use a step ladder to do an eye test!

just taking the mick arent i?

Im gutted we havent yet, or may not get Figo. How can we stall over a posible 2m fee for a guy who cost real 37m , and readily stump up 7m for crouch? We'd better get figo as well, then Ill forgive Rafa for this blunder.

look, we aint gonna sell many home shirts with crouch on the back are we?

Parry's gettting his own home shirt this week, with a name on the back to represent our new signing and the damage to our transfer kitty today.....it's called......."OUCH! "
65-1114725958

Postby parchpea » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:44 pm

Crouch was a bench player at Villa not so long back. Taylor signed him from the lower reaches to aim high balls at. O'Leary took over and Crouch was history. Southampton took a chance on him for little money and he played most, but not all the season after Beattie departed. Crouch has probably warmed the bench for 3/4 of this career in the top divison. Hes just played half a good season at Southampton and been given a one start for England. Benitez and his coaching staff can only select players on what they see. They saw Crouch play well when they scouted him last season. All before that seems irrelevant to them, but £7m seems a big gamble to me. Maybe the player is a late developer and is just finding his form, they must surely think so to pursue him as they have done. I hope to god they are right, but we are going to take some convincing. We have just wasted so much money on poor players and this just looks like another right now. We just have to get behind him and pray he can do a good job for Liverpool.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:49 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:If you haven't got anything good to say don't say nothing.

And who ever keep's comparing football with vollyball, f*ck off and catch a grip you lunatic, the two sport's are totally incomparable.

eerrrrrr....

better say something good then, eh?

well, i say bring on the big lad. as with many others my first reaction was 'oh my god no!!' but seeing the determination with which rafa has persued him i've been thinking and looking very hard. redknapp has nothing but praise for the guy, and whatever you think about his qualities as a manager i think he's a straight up bloke.

he's not a glamorous player, which seems to rile a lot of people - even those that clamour for kuyt because he costs £10 million and is foreign but have probably seen him play less minutes than crouchy. everyone probably saw southampton beat us easily at their place -who was one of our main tormentors? he certainly wasn't elegant but he got the job done. and it wasn't just about sticking his head on the end of anything that goes over everyone elses, he found lots of space, held the ball up well and showed some nice touches.

i do actually think that £7 million is a little over the odds for him but i'm happy to have him. he gives us options and as some have said many defenders will be very unhappy about having to deal with him. i'm looking forward to seeing what carragher and hyypia have to say about him in that respect.

he'll score goals for sure and will provide them too.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:52 pm

parchpea wrote:Crouch was a bench player at Villa not so long back. Taylor signed him from the lower reaches to aim high balls at. O'Leary took over and Crouch was history. Southampton took a chance on him for little money and he played most, but not all the season after Beattie departed. Crouch has probably warmed the bench for 3/4 of this career in the top divison. Hes just played half a good season at Southampton and been given a one start for England. Benitez and his coaching staff can only select players on what they see. They saw Crouch play well when they scouted him last season. All before that seems irrelevant to them, but £7m seems a big gamble to me. Maybe the player is a late developer and is just finding his form, they must surely think so to pursue him as they have done. I hope to god they are right, but we are going to take some convincing. We have just wasted so much money on poor players and this just looks like another right now. We just have to get behind him and pray he can do a good job for Liverpool.

good points there, coming to anfieldd....more pressure, expectation, demanding goals from him etc. can he deliver?

He might figure v olympiacos on Sat
65-1114725958

Postby JohnBull » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:54 pm

Its friggin unbelievable the number of half assed experts on these pages who know nothing about a player, other than the little they've watched on telly, but who are quite happy to slag off ( and by association RAFFA).
I keep reading about players who we should buy on the basis of a couple of highlights people have seen on soccer AM and all of a sudden "we must buy him". The one thing about Benitez is that he thinks things out and he considers his options and if he wants Crouch then it'll do me. The lad will be wearing the shirt tomorrow and I'll be cheering him next season at the end of which I fully expect a bleeding lot of humble pie to be eaten in these pages.
I've never seen so many smart asses in a small area before, are you sure you are RED supporters ?
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:55 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:And who ever keep's comparing football with vollyball, f*ck off and catch a grip you lunatic, the two sport's are totally incomparable.

i think the guy was from overseas (spain i think!!) and he was attempting to mimic the good 'ole british dry sense of humour and sarcasm!!

He ain't to good at it, is he lol?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:56 pm

He's big
He's great
He's 6 foot f@ckin 8
Peter Crouch Peter crouch  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:59 pm

:D 6ft 7 actually :D :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:59 pm

he might be really clumsy on the deck too.
im surprised he can see the floor.  :p
65-1114725958

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:01 pm

He's tall
He makes everyone else look small
He's not Heskey, he won't fall.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext