Garcia - Deal agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whitehouse » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:13 pm

henchoz was a class buy but not to sure about hamman he his to much of a def mid for me i would like to see him cross the halfway line now and again
whitehouse

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:13 pm

A week ago our squad wasn't looking good, currently we are solid. We just need another striker that is better than Pongolle but good enough to replace Baros at times.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:17 pm

In fairness that was the way GH wanted him to play because it was he was effective in his system. Didi always got forward in his Newcastle days and scored some great goals for them. I hoped that he could venture forward more for Rafa but it looks like he will be resigned to the bench soon.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whitehouse » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:17 pm

A.B. wrote:A week ago our squad wasn't looking good, currently we are solid. We just need another striker that is better than Pongolle but good enough to replace Baros at times.

sorry m8 but i think we r far from solid we need another ch another left sided mid coz kewel does not do enough for me and another right sided mid and a 4th striker
whitehouse

Postby whitehouse » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:19 pm

madred wrote:In fairness that was the way GH wanted him to play because it was he was effective in his system. Didi always got forward in his Newcastle days and scored some great goals for them. I hoped that he could venture forward more for Rafa but it looks like he will be resigned to the bench soon.

ok  i agree with ya there pal
whitehouse

Postby madred » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:20 pm

I seriously think Benitez must turn his attentions to a centre back now before anyone else. Kewell is having a hard time but i think the best of him is yet to come and we will see a big turn around when he finds his form.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:25 pm

I think Kewell will be better this year, if not, Benitez could possibly play Garcia on the left if he signs and Nunez on the right once hes fit again. But give Kewell a chance, he had a bad season last year and still managed to bag his fair share of goals...what will he be like on form, eh?

I do think we are looking pretty solid to be honest, we have a strong back five including Dudek, a strong midfield is in line when Alonso signs and if Garcia signs then you have Cisse and Baros, two good strikers in my opinion, although i do think it does need beefed up, that could well be Mista.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whitehouse » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:26 pm

i agree with u about a new CB but i dont think kewel can cut it i was so excited last year when we got kewel as i belived he was the missin link to our team but a pal of mine who is a season ticket holder at leeds wasn't that botherd to see him go and laughed when we bought him i thought at the time he was just gutted but after kewel first season can see y now
whitehouse

Postby Gareth G » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:31 pm

I think hes been ok so far this season. Benitez will instal more confidence into our players, so im hopeful.

Thats a point to consider though whitehouse.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:33 pm

Whitehouse i can understand the frustration over Harry but in his defence he has been plagued by a ankle injury. When he first signed it was for all to see what a talent that he is. When he had that shot that shaved the post at spurs i was gutted for him because i reckon that 1 goal from him is going to ignite him again. Hopefully he can get that goal soon and provided he stays injury free we still have a top talent at the club in him.
Last edited by madred on Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whitehouse » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:35 pm

madred wrote:Whitehouse i can understand the frustration over Harry but in his defence he has been plagued by a ankle injury. When he first signed it was for all to see what a talent that he has. When he had that shot that shaved the post at spurs i was gutted for him because i reckon that 1 goal from him is going to ignite him again. Hopefully he can get that goal soon and provided he stays injury free we still have a top talent at the club in him.

i really do hope so in fact i am prayin for him coz he seems a nice lad and is 1 of these players that does love the club aswell
whitehouse

Postby Gareth G » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:54 pm

I think he will be good, providing he stays injury free as madred said.

I think Benitez has installed a new found confidence in all our players, so hopefully we will se the best from Harry this year. Fingers crossed.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:26 am

If all this talent arrives and coalesces, then RB has certainly justified his reputation. Quite a trick, to remove so many you don't want, deal with a loss you don't want(mo)  do it on a shorter budget which you don't want and finally to it in a few weeks.

Through it all, he's been calm, unrushed and unflustered.
I think he's defiantly The Business.
“Keep it up Big Man”
:)
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:30 am

whitehouse wrote:
A.B. wrote:A week ago our squad wasn't looking good, currently we are solid. We just need another striker that is better than Pongolle but good enough to replace Baros at times.

sorry m8 but i think we r far from solid we need another ch another left sided mid coz kewel does not do enough for me and another right sided mid and a 4th striker

Hopefully we will sign Garcia. Kewell can improve and he's a good player otherwise he wouldn't be part of Rafa's "plans".

We need another striker but that doesn't make our squad bad. We are solid, we got Alonso and now possibly Garcia. The defence isn't bad, Josemi,Carragher,Riise and Hyppia what else could you ask for? No squad is perfect you should know that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jordantoh » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:54 am

I think our squad is solid if both Garcia and Alonso signs for us... our defence is solid enough... but i feel a cover-up CD is needed... anycase if Hyypia and Carra need a rest or gets injured...

Our midfield is more than solid... is among the best... just think it might be this line up :

Kewell     Alonso     Gerrard     Garcia

And if u wan to play our bench and let the first team rest... we can play this :

Warnock    Hamman   Biscan    Nunez

look of things... we are certainly now equip to challenage... rite guys :laugh:
jordantoh

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion