Carson deal to villa  agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:49 am

I just hope the media don't use Carson as a scapegoat.

Yeah, he was at fault for the first goal, but England's problems have been long-term problems.

Fundamentally throughout the team and the coaching staff and the FA.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby connor25 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:09 am

didnt watch the match, but heard all about it
to be honest dont give a fu,ck about england ill be happy to see all our boys have a rest in the summer
the only reason i want them to qualify normally is because it makes the time between the seasons end and nexts seasons start less boring, but this year ill be in mexico so aint bothered
shouldnt blame carson though, englands problems started long before this game

i reckon we should cash in on him in the summer if the offer is 8-10 million like it says in the papers, too good to refuse for a sub keeper
connor25

Postby RedBlood » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:21 am

connor25 wrote:didnt watch the match, but heard all about it
to be honest dont give a fu,ck about england ill be happy to see all our boys have a rest in the summer
the only reason i want them to qualify normally is because it makes the time between the seasons end and nexts seasons start less boring, but this year ill be in mexico so aint bothered
shouldnt blame carson though, englands problems started long before this game

i reckon we should cash in on him in the summer if the offer is 8-10 million like it says in the papers, too good to refuse for a sub keeper

agreed
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby mungi » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:47 am

we would be lucky to sell carson for 10 mill now.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:24 am

Who,Frank Carson? :D

If Rafa gets that much he'll go down in history as the best manager ever! :laugh:

Still at least Spain have qualified. :)
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:27 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I just hope the media don't use Carson as a scapegoat.

Yeah, he was at fault for the first goal, but England's problems have been long-term problems.

Fundamentally throughout the team and the coaching staff and the FA.

yea me too , well at least the FA are gonna meet in the morning and don't expect too much when u throw a young keeper out there with so much at stake and expect him to perform miracles , i felt that macclueless shud have gone with calamity james for the experience that he has . I don't think his price would drop aas he has proved that he is a good keeper with shot that he saved from the header ...

Mcclaren out
Jose in
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:56 am

Just read this and thats abit worrying now

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill insists they're not planning to bring forward plans to sign permanently on-loan Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson.

We have a season-long agreement and that is how it stands," said O'Neill. "I know nothing about what someone else is reported to have said but all I do know is that the facts are that no one has spoken to me or, I believe, anyone from Aston Villa.

"We have an agreement, and we are happy with that agreement unless Liverpool come and speak to us about it, then that becomes a different issue.

"I am very happy with the deal. I think that Scott has done very well for us, he is a young goalkeeper with plenty of talent and Liverpool obviously recognise that. But at the moment the agreement is for the year."

Carson has spoken of his desire to stay long-term.

O'Neill added: "I have seen Scott quoted now and again. I have not exactly sat down with Scott. I think he is pretty happy in the role at this moment.

"He is enjoying his football, in fact he is vying even to become first choice for England which is fantastic, we are delighted with that. But I haven't sat down with him yet to talk about any long-term future.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:55 am

Only a Liverpool goalkeeper can go from £10m to £10 quid in 8 minutes
burjennio

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:45 am

If people value players after each single game, I wouldn't mind making a sneaky bid of say 50 pounds once Messi has a bad game...
JamCar05

Postby burjennio » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:53 am

If people value players after each single game, I wouldn't mind making a sneaky bid of say 50 pounds once Messi has a bad game...

if we were bidding like that you could get Ronaldinho on a free the way he's playin for Barca atm
burjennio

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:27 pm

burjennio wrote:

if we were bidding like that you could get Ronaldinho on a free the way he's playin for Barca atm

Great! I think we ought to do that then  :D
JamCar05

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:02 pm

Gracias King Rafa wrote:Who,Frank Carson? :D

:laugh:

I was laughing my balls off when Lawrenson said that.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:18 pm

A lot of people will slate Scott Carson for last night but it is not his fault that England have not qualified. When you are hoping that teams like Israel and Andorra do you a favour you know you are sh#t.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:49 pm

^this with bells on.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:52 pm

I hope this doesn't ruin his career. I can see something like that happening. One thing's for sure, I don't think he'll ever be in England's goal again or certainly not be the #1. The press had their knives sharpened already before the game, and I'm sure he's being cut into right now. I don't read the papers.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion