Peter crouch - Crouch deal agreed for seven million

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:42 pm

Hopefully he proves us all wrong!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adebisi » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:45 pm

As I said before Rafa knows more about football than me so I have to trust his judgement on this one!

We've discussed all his attributes, lets just hope he steps up a level and does some damage.

I'll be cheering like crazy if he scores on his debut!!
Adebisi

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:46 pm

I know he's good in the air but we've never been a wing orientated side, and to pay around 7 million to warm a bench is too much.

What was the point in Rafa getting rid of Heskey? He was good in the air and a good team player
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:48 pm

IF RAFA OUR GAFA'S GOT FAITH IN THE LANKY STRING OFF :censored:, THEN I HAVE. 

THERES ONLY ONE TALL :censored:KKKKKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:50 pm

All we need now is Figo to supply the crosses for this head!!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:53 pm

I'm not a fan of Crouch but the fact is that he scored more goals in the Premiership than any of our strikers, and he's scored more goals overall than any of our players in the squad.

He's done all that whilst playing for Soton, with Alonso,Gerrard,Zenden,Riise,etc... he could score more than that. However the main thing that bothers is me is that we're paying too much for him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:53 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I know he's good in the air but we've never been a wing orientated side, and to pay around 7 million to warm a bench is too much.

What was the point in Rafa getting rid of Heskey? He was good in the air and a good team player

Why do you think we have signed Zenden and are trying to get Figo? We are trying to gain more width and increase the depth of the squad at the same time, Benitez know's he need's width and people in the middle to benifit from it.

Heskey? Yeah good in the air as in flicking thing's on for Owen, I'm talking about actually scoring mate!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:54 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:Hopefully he proves us all wrong!

Not "all" people think badly of crouch.

I do believe in his abilities, and I always have. Why you may ask? Because he is so different from any other player. Defenders aren't used to such a treath, and they will struggle. He scored 16 goals for Soton last year, and if he can do just that for us I suppose he is considered a success? He can be our Niall Quinn or Jan Koller if you like. He will make us much more difficult to defend against at corners and free kicks, and he will be an easy target for our wingers. Also I do not think he is high maintainance and greedy. He won't run to the nearest liquor store when he has money to burn. And he will be a perfect player to throw in at the end of a game if there is a need to score goals and trouble the opponent.

What I like the most is Benitez belief in himself and his style and strategy. If he was listening to the papers or the fans or the television experts he would never sign Crouch. He would probably have signed another overpaid overrated english striker instead.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:54 pm

A.B. wrote:I'm not a fan of Crouch but the fact is that he scored more goals in the Premiership than any of our strikers, and he's scored more goals overall than any of our players in the squad.

He's done all that whilst playing for Soton, with Alonso,Gerrard,Zenden,Riise,etc... he could score more than that. However the main thing that bothers is me is that we're paying too much for him.

That's the only thing bothering me, the price tag, but I think he will prove well worth it.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muttleyp » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:54 pm

daddyo wrote:Personally i would have preferred Dirk Kuyt.

However if it's deal done let's get behind the boy and give him our every support.:)

Cant say i wanted Crouch at all, as i think there are other better players we could have signed.
But if he passes his medical and pulls on the red shirt lets hope he proves all his doubters wrong and turns into another reds legend.
muttleyp

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:58 pm

apparently he was gonna cost us £8 million but Rafa explained that to change the new stadium plans to raise the height of the door frames would cost £1 million so Hary settled for that. :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:01 pm

this has got to be a wind up!

Rafas first mistake !

Selling baros for this guy???

Do me a favour!
65-1114725958

Postby mighty mo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:03 pm

Lee J wrote:apparently he was gonna cost us £8 million but Rafa explained that to change the new stadium plans to raise the height of the door frames would cost £1 million so Hary settled for that. :D

:D
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PinkPantha » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:03 pm

I think we payed too much for him but we'll see what he does in the season
PinkPantha

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:04 pm

this has got to be a wind up!

Rafas first mistake !

Selling baros for this guy???

Do me a favour!

Crouch scored 12 goals in the Premier League, Baros scored 9. Crouch scored 17 goals overall, Baros scored 13.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion