Garcia - Deal agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BoogiePimp » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:13 pm

Report: Liverpool agree Luis Garcia deal 19/08/04
Barcelona have reached an agreement over the transfer of midfielder Luis Garcia to Liverpool, according to reports in the Spanish media.

Sports dailies Marca and Sport claim that the deal has already been agreed, although Barcelona are yet to make an official announcement.

If the reports are correct, Luis Garcia would be the third Spanish player to join Rafael Benitez's Liverpool side this summer following the transfers of Josemi and Antonio Nunez.

Real Sociedad midfielder Xabi Alonso is also close to sealing a deal with the Merseyside club.
BoogiePimp

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:31 pm

-Nunez
-Alonso
-Josemi
-Garcia
thats four players not three, anyways I am hoping that this is true. We will have a good midfield if it is.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:42 pm

Yeah, but Alonso isnt actually a done deal...YET. He should be soon though, see me other topic.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:44 pm

Well with Nunez injured lets hope he's ours very soon.
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:53 pm

is rafa gonna look beyond spain to buy players?
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:57 pm

As long as he goes nowhere near Senegal i dont care :D  :p

who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:00 pm

:D
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:03 pm

I don't think it matters really, as long as he buys quality and not sh*te like who the hell is diarra pointed out lol.

He is interested in Joey Barton, hes watched videos and stuff on him and supposedly will take him off Man City if the price is right. Its been quoted that City are looking 3 million for him.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:10 pm

i think barton is one of those players that act the bollox off the pitch and is a bit of a hot-head on the pitch. i think we still need one more centre back tho
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:12 pm

I've heard that we are interested in Joey Barton and i'm sure he would love to come . Remember when he gave his City shirt to the Kop :D  I'd point to him as one for the future though not a player who will make an immediate impact.
      I still want Wright Phillips the way he took his goal the other nite was class just the sort of direct pacy wing play Liverpool used to be all about.   :;):

who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:17 pm

I think our defence is well matched now with Carragher in beside Hyypia with Josemi and Riise out the sides. If we replace Carragher with a better centre back it will leave only one English player on the field in Gerrard, we definitly need at least two homegrowns on the pitch, and i couldn't ask for any better than those two, they wear their hearts on their sleevs.

Like i said before, i think football teams need maybe one or two players than less gifted in terms of abilities but have real fight in them, it brings team spirit to the squad. I find it hard to explain myself when im talking about this, so i hope you understand what i mean.

Our team is looking really solid now, the only position that needs covering imo is up front, Baros hasn't matured enough yet. We need another striker to possibly rotate with Baros, it mean it will keep him happy by starting every so often...he will get more chances than he did last year, thats for sure.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:44 pm

It's always good to have some home grown players. Unfortunately Liverpool have not been able to produce quality players lately and they have to be imported. Under Houllier talents have been ignored and mismanaged. Remember Houllier sold Thompson and Wright, both good players and local lads. When you sell talents like that, you don't know what youre doing. Especially when you replace them with Finnan and Cheyrou. Ok. I'll give Houllier credit for selling Collymore and Fowler. That was good business. Unfortunately Houllier went on a wild spending spree throwing away good money. I think he had one of the worst success ratios in the transfer market ever. Out of his many purchases (around 30 players) only 4 became good. Riise, Hyypia, Babbel and Dudek. A ratio like that will get you fired in every business your involved in. So what now. Benitez is buying spanish. What would you expect. He knows La Liga better that any other league in the world. He should buy spanish. If my car breaks down, I call the mechanic not the plummer. Keep it simple, keep it safe, use your skills, trust your own judgment these are there rules you should play by.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby madred » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:51 pm

Houllier didnt sell Collymore! Evans did.
Last edited by madred on Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whitehouse » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:00 pm

banana wrote:It's always good to have some home grown players. Unfortunately Liverpool have not been able to produce quality players lately and they have to be imported. Under Houllier talents have been ignored and mismanaged. Remember Houllier sold Thompson and Wright, both good players and local lads. When you sell talents like that, you don't know what youre doing. Especially when you replace them with Finnan and Cheyrou. Ok. I'll give Houllier credit for selling Collymore and Fowler. That was good business. Unfortunately Houllier went on a wild spending spree throwing away good money. I think he had one of the worst success ratios in the transfer market ever. Out of his many purchases (around 30 players) only 4 became good. Riise, Hyypia, Babbel and Dudek. A ratio like that will get you fired in every business your involved in. So what now. Benitez is buying spanish. What would you expect. He knows La Liga better that any other league in the world. He should buy spanish. If my car breaks down, I call the mechanic not the plummer. Keep it simple, keep it safe, use your skills, trust your own judgment these are there rules you should play by.

very sensible post m8 makes a lot of sence
whitehouse

Postby madred » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:05 pm

Not a bad post but i think GH was totally justified by selling David Thompson as he was supposed to be trouble left right and centre and was lacking in discipline to survive in GH's regime. Also do you not think Hamann and Henchoz were class buys??  ???
Last edited by madred on Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion