Peter crouch - Crouch deal agreed for seven million

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:05 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:this has got to be a wind up!

Rafas first mistake !

Selling baros for this guy???

Do me a favour!

Disagree on this one, Baros had his chance and blew it.
Crouch outscored him in a relegated team.
He will offer a total different option to what we have got.
While i agree about the price being over the top, Rafa has wanted him all along so i am glad he has finally got his man.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:09 pm

Good or bad is only speculation. Rafa has made his choice so that'll do for me.

Come on Liverpool Fans, lets get behind him!

Come on Crouchy!!!!!!!!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MSj. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:09 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Sky . one reporter says 7 million another says 10 million , either way this kind of expenditure on for a player of Crouch's limited top flight experience is laughable . Please God prove that I'm wrong and that Rafa is indeed a genius and Crouch joins the hall of Liverpool goal scoring legends .

:sniffle

he has more experience than Cisse when he signed for 14 million
MSj.

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:12 pm

after what benitez has sone for us we gotta trust him. welcome aboard crouch buddy
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:15 pm

daddyo wrote:Personally i would have preferred Dirk Kuyt.

However if it's deal done let's get behind the boy and give him our every support.:)

My thoughts exactly.
We must all support Benitez's decision, and we should be aware by now this guy has plans and he knows what he's doing.
Give Peter all our best support, this was a dream move for him and he has shown last season he has what it takes.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:16 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:
A.B. wrote:I'm not a fan of Crouch but the fact is that he scored more goals in the Premiership than any of our strikers, and he's scored more goals overall than any of our players in the squad..

not really hard when your top scorer has 9 goals.

Also people are critising all our current strikers, so if the midfielders couldn't supply them what makes you think that this fella will recieve ample opportunities. 

but then again this lad is a typical english footballer better in the air than on the ground so i guess this is why rafa will play him as the number 1 next season, as premiership football is similar to volley ball. 

Morientes will leave summer 2006
109-1093441336

Postby XSD » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:17 pm

A.B. wrote:
this has got to be a wind up!

Rafas first mistake !

Selling baros for this guy???

Do me a favour!

Crouch scored 12 goals in the Premier League, Baros scored 9. Crouch scored 17 goals overall, Baros scored 13.

I think Baros had a whole 12 more starts as well?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:20 pm

I think Baros had a whole 12 more starts as well?

Yeah he did.

Also people are critising all our current strikers, so if the midfielders couldn't supply them what makes you think that this fella will recieve ample opportunities. 

Baros had countless opportunities, he couldn't put them away and thats why he only has 13 goals in all competitions.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RED ANT » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:21 pm

meelan#5 wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:
A.B. wrote:I'm not a fan of Crouch but the fact is that he scored more goals in the Premiership than any of our strikers, and he's scored more goals overall than any of our players in the squad..

not really hard when your top scorer has 9 goals.

but then again this lad is a typical english footballer better in the air than on the ground so i guess this is why rafa will play him as the number 1 next season, as premiership football is similar to volley ball. 

Morientes will leave summer 2006

Our strikers weren't supplied chances? are you mad? I lost count of the number of 1 on 1's our strikers especially Baros missed last season. Where do you think they got the ball from? They weren't hiding it up their jumpers.
RED ANT

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:21 pm

Well, whether you wanted us to sign him or not, we all knew for weeks that it was only a matter of time before this one was confirmed.

7 mil seems a bit excessive, but we won't be saying that if he has a stormer of a season, so now that he's a Liverpool player he deserves our support.  It's not his fault he comes with a big price tag and if he cost us 1 mil then everyone would be saying he's a decent signing.  Lets give the lad a chance to see what he can do first, because if the fans are on his back from the start it will make it even more difficult for him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:22 pm

oh well................ Hope rafa gets milito next.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....ll_home

Peter Crouch is travelling to Liverpool with a view to sealing a move to Anfield.

The Southampton striker, capped by England during the end-of-season tour of the United States, is to undergo a medical with the UEFA Champions League winners after being allowed to complete a dream switch.

Rafa Benitez is closing on getting all the pieces of his jigsaw with Real Madrid winger Luis Figo also a top target for the Spaniard.

Former Tottenham, Queens Park Rangers, Aston Villa and Portsmouth hit-man Crouch will cost in the region of £7 million.

A number of Premiership clubs were trailing the lanky marksman, who enjoyed a fine season last term.

"What's special about him is he's 6ft 8ins," Saints boss Harry Redknapp told Sky Sports News. "That's probably the most special thing.

"He's got terrific touch, he's good in the air, has a good understanding of the game and is a fantastic player. He's a good lad and has not been a minute's problem even when this has been going on.

"He's had Liverpool [after him] and many players would have thrown their dummies out of the pram but he's come in every day, worked hard and been a fantastic example to everybody.

"This is the second time I've sold him - I sold him at Portsmouth for £5 million, so maybe I'll meet him again and sell him again!

"I wish him well and I'm sure he'll be a big success at Liverpool."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:22 pm

looks like it's 100% confirmed...
just read the sky sports article and it sounds pretty sure. :oh:
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:24 pm

Premier league is not a typical football culture.  Its more like Volley ball and i think this is why rafa has countered this.

this is good deal for Southampton and Crouch.  If it turns out to be bad for Liverpool, rafa will be heavily criticised than say if he bought Andy Johnson, and he flopped.

Because of what Crouch represents i.e long balls high simple punts from Risse and Hyypia.  This is not typical liverpool football and it can back fire big time on rafa.

the only good thing i can see is he's english.  If he was the same player plus spanish nationality locals would go mad.
109-1093441336

Postby joependo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:26 pm

The only thing that bothers me is the price tag.7 million for this guy.But he will give us new dimensions upfront.His hieght will be the greatest abillity he will have.He will score goals from his head,but also we know he can score from feet.Which if he scores loads it is good enough for me
joependo

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:27 pm

i don't like crouch...but you can see where rafa is going with this signing..... Now just can hope we get as much as possible for baros.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion