Peter crouch - Crouch deal agreed for seven million

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skipper » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:28 pm

"This is the second time I've sold him - I sold him at Portsmouth for £5 million, so maybe I'll meet him again and sell him again!

If crouch plays well and stays at lfc long term, I dont think redknapp's gonna have the opportunity to sell him again.  :D

I hope we can utilize crouch on attacking and defending set pieces.  That would help us.

With crouch, moro, cisse, and baros, a 4-5-1 formation doesnt seem likely...
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:30 pm

I can't work out if I'm  :oh:  or  :angry:  or  :sniffle  . I'm not  :)  yet and that's for damn sure.  He may prove to be a great, he may prove to be a joke (why do the words "Ronnie Rosenthal Mk II" come to mind?) and although my first reaction was "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! , I will give Rafa the benefit of the doubt and I won't start slagging him off right away. I hope we're all going to get behind him and give him a chance to prove his worth. Oh well, roll on Milito, Upson and Figo. #

VIVA LOS RAFALUTION!!! VIVE LA GRANDE APARICION ESTUPIDO ROJOS NUEVO!!! E VIVA LOS PODEROSO ROJOS!!!!
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:51 pm

MSj. wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Sky . one reporter says 7 million another says 10 million , either way this kind of expenditure on for a player of Crouch's limited top flight experience is laughable . Please God prove that I'm wrong and that Rafa is indeed a genius and Crouch joins the hall of Liverpool goal scoring legends .

:sniffle

he has more experience than Cisse when he signed for 14 million

I said top flight not premiership .  :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:52 pm

A.B. wrote:
this has got to be a wind up!

Rafas first mistake !

Selling baros for this guy???

Do me a favour!

Crouch scored 12 goals in the Premier League, Baros scored 9. Crouch scored 17 goals overall, Baros scored 13.

give baros a chance, that was hi first full season, as a player.

you know nothing, and need to be corrected!

I think cause our midfield was poor last season, and the supply to the strikers was even worse, then Baros himself is not to blame for that. how can a triker score if he not getting the ball? Gerrard was non existent in the league after xmas.

why dont you give me the strikes/ goals ratio instead?

Smartass!
65-1114725958

Postby Sean » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:52 pm

Start eating some steaks Crouch & fatten up.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby barnesrush » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:52 pm

the guys a good footballer. anyone who thinks hes jus been bought for his height is wrong. he is intelligent and can finish. i first thought he was very overpriced but when considering we sold heskey for 5 mil it dont seem so bad.

GOOD LUCK CROUCHY

(less of the long balls tho)
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby neil » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:54 pm

maybe Morientes could learn a thing or two off Crouch,after all Rafa must have a similar role lined up.......I,ve just read that back,sounds mad    :O
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:55 pm

official from liverpoolfc.tv
Liverpool have confirmed they have agreed a deal to sign Peter Crouch from Southampton on a four year contract.
A transfer fee has been agreed between the two clubs and the Reds have also finalised personal terms with the striker.

Crouch will undergo a medical tomorrow before officially signing his new Liverpool contract.

He will then join up with his new Liverpool team-mates at their training camp in Switzerland ahead of Saturday's friendly against Olympiacos in Liechtenstein.

He becomes Rafa Benitez's sixth signing of the summer, following in the footsteps of Bolo Zenden, Pepe Reina, Momo Sissoko, Antonio Barragan and Mark Gonzales.

looks like there's no going back now.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:00 pm

rafa will turn him into a quality player....sure of it......but a wud rather have cisse n morientes than cisse n crouch.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:02 pm

give baros a chance, that was hi first full season, as a player.

you know nothing, and need to be corrected!

I think cause our midfield was poor last season, and the supply to the strikers was even worse, then Baros himself is not to blame for that. how can a triker score if he not getting the ball? Gerrard was non existent in the league after xmas.

why dont you give me the strikes/ goals ratio instead?

Smartass!

How many chances did he throw away when he was one on one with a defender or keeper? I've lost count, he's had enough chances to score more than 13 goals. The game that comes to mind where he missed every single chance he had was against Everton.

that was hi first full season, as a player.

It's very interesting how Milan Baros managed to score 12 goals at the end of the 03 season, when he was mostly a sub. Last season he scored 13 goals in 44 games as first choice. That's p1ss poor.

Luis Garcia .32
Neil Mellor .31
Milan Baros .3
Steven Gerrard .29
Fernando Morientes .23

^ Goals scored per game

Baros had a 15 game drought without any goals. Scored only two goals in the Champions League. Where was he against Chelsea,Milan and Juventus? He can score goals against Wrexham but he can't put them away against top sides.
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mikopool » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:03 pm

i think morientes will be able to learn off of Crouch (as neil said) hopefully Zenden will build a good relationship with them and get the deep crosses in because both can be lethal in the air.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:10 pm

Come on guys .... Give him a break. I think it's a good move. Doesn't mean he sign and Baros will next to go. From what I see is ... Baros, sinama, cisse and crouch are young marksman, so is a good news for Liverpool . Plus we have Nando but he's getting old. So this year Nando and Cisse are the first choice for playing upfront and Baros ,Crouch and Sinama will involve in matches like League Cup, FA CUP or matches that we know that we going to win. So with this move Nando and Cisse have more rest and prepare for the important match.
Something like RB sign Sisoko. Alonso and SG will be playing in the important , Hamman and Sisoko will get involve the matches that is not important but we can win.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:11 pm

I,m appalled.............this has to be a joke......Peter bloody crouch.......LIVERPOOL PLAYER  and at 7 Million.......:(
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafasredmen » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:27 pm

Right i'm trying to be positive here.Crouch was not on my wish list of strikers to sign but the more i think about it i think he could be a good signing for us.Firstly i think Crouch is the sort of striker that other strikers will enjoy playing with, look at Owen in the England game for example.He will be far better team player than Milan is.His aerial ability is obviously an asset and i can also see a lot of goals for the midfield from knockdowns with SG especially raiding into the box.If he can also score like he did towards the second half of last season and with his team work i think he could be very good for us.If we could get a good right winger to feed him or Moro and Cisse as clinical as he was on Saturday things could be very good.
Crouch is a Liverpool player,now let's get behind him and hope he proves the doubters wrong
rafasredmen

Postby cptrios » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:31 pm

Well I suppose that the benefit of all of this disappointment is that when (I'd prefer to say when, not if :D ) he comes up good, we'll all be that much happier for it. Plus, if the homegrown players rule does come into effect, this won't end up being such a bad move. I wish it'd been less than 7mil though...sheesh.
cptrios

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion