Moving forward - Now that the race for 4th is over

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiceboys2014 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:37 am

Dont you mean "moving backwards now the race for 4th is over" lol

I dont know how to take any positives from the season, cup success or not, being so poor in league, unless we get some big money buys in summer
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:43 am

spiceboys2014 wrote:Dont you mean "moving backwards now the race for 4th is over" lol

I dont know how to take any positives from the season, cup success or not, being so poor in league, unless we get some big money buys in summer

:kungfu:
Thommo's perm

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:54 am

Blatant WUM.
LFC2007

Postby Greavesie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:22 am

blatant tw@t more like. Trophies matter. We've had a poor league season no doubt about it but that can be worked on, the football is a lot better on the eye (earlier in the season anyway and the squad has a bit more genuine depth), there's silverware in the cabinet and the possibility of the FA cup. Loads of supporters of other sides are saying we've had a poor year but I bet almost all of them would swap a few league positions for two trophies (should we win the cup). Overall there's a hell of a lot more to be positive about with this current crop than the squad left behind when Rafa and Roy left, I don't understand how people can say otherwise if I'm honest, the owners have been in for three transfer windows and imo they've cut a lot of the cr@p and invested (maybe not as wisely as some would have liked but they trusted Kenny). As far as I'm concerned a proper number 9 and a bolstering in the middle of the park and this side is good to go.

How that bellend can say backwards is beyond me - we've not been in the top 4 for 3 seasons now and we've been through two managers...maybe patience will be a virtue this time round...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:46 am

D___C wrote:Hes the best manager in the world, and would knock whiskey nose off his perch as the best in this country... so yes.

He'd then leave after two or three years.

So we'd be back to square one again, looking for another manager.
Last edited by Boxscarf on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 am

spiceboys2014 wrote:Dont you mean "moving backwards now the race for 4th is over" lol

We haven't regressed in the League, really, we're still in the same position now that we have been for the last two years.

Where we have improved is in our play and the fact we ended our six year drought without a trophy.

Kenny does need to start utilising his money on better quality players from abroad though.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:59 pm

if we manage to win tonight and arsenal lose to everton (it`s at goodison so there`s a reasonable chance of that happening, everton have turned city, chelsea and spurs over there in recent weeks) there might be the faintest glimmer of hope that we might get 4th.
our problem is that we dont just need the wheels to come off one teams league form but two.
saying that i think if we win our remaining 10 games we will probably get 4th, it shouldnt be that far fetched either because in 9 of the remaining 10 games we`d start as favourites to win and the other game is against chelsea at anfield and we have beaten them twice this season away from home.
chelsea have a tough game at city as well.
clutching at straws i know but we were at half time in istanbul so you never know.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:11 pm

The players should just go out and throw everything into the tank for the remaining ten matches. They've got nothing to lose, so let's just go for it, we might surprise ourselves.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Boxscarf wrote:The players should just go out and throw everything into the tank for the remaining ten matches. They've got nothing to lose, so let's just go for it, we might surprise ourselves.

i agree mate, chelsea are seven points ahead of us but if they lose to city and we win and then we beat them at anfield later on in the season there`s 6 of those 7 points with another 8 games to gain the other point back. their run in has city, spurs, arsenal and us in it.
arsenal are favourites for 4th but in the last 10 games they have got to play everton tonight, man city, chelsea and stoke away which is a tricky game for them traditionally.
as i said mate i think if we win our remaining 10 fixtures we will get 4th, we are capable of beating all the teams we have left to play but wether we do it is another thing entirely.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:29 pm

This should be the chance that players like Adam, Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Kuyt and Maxi should take to ensure that they are first team regulars next season. The first four need to start delivering on a consistent basis and the latter two really are fighting for their Anfield careers, though even if Kuyt was to score in our last ten matches, he'd probably still find himself on the bench next season. Kenny is doing to Kuyt what Benitez did to both Benayoun and Crouch and it's frustrating to watch tbh!
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:45 pm

we`ll find out how much the players want 4th tonight, any away game in the prem is tricky but if we have any sort of aspirations at all of getting 4th then tonight is a must win game, infact all our games are.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:12 am

Boxscarf wrote:
D___C wrote:Hes the best manager in the world, and would knock whiskey nose off his perch as the best in this country... so yes.

That would be ok as the club can build on that with another manager. I'd still prefer it if we stayed away from maureen as he is too much of a c*nt.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:46 am

Boxscarf wrote:

But we'd have success and a good squad with a winning mentality so I don't quite see the problem???
heimdall

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:56 am

heimdall wrote:
But we'd have success and a good squad with a winning mentality so I don't quite see the problem???

Look what happened to both Chelsea and Inter when Mourinho left.
Boxscarf

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:06 am

Boxscarf wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Look what happened to both Chelsea and Inter when Mourinho left.

Correct
And dont forget who took over from Mourinho...
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion