Moving forward - Now that the race for 4th is over

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:55 pm

heimdall wrote:do you remember how dominant Manure were at that point, Maureen did an amazing job to win it in his first season, and bear in mind it's not about how much you spend but also how well you spend it and mold the team etc.

well the year ranieri finished second it was arsenal who were the champions, that was the year when they went the entire season unbeaten, but ranieri finished above united himself when he was sacked.
ranieri actually lined up and bought robben and cech as well before he left, mourinho joined a team that had finished second the season before, got to the CL semi finals and had the likes of petr cech, john terry, frank lampard, joe cole, damian duff, arjen robben, claude makelele, william gallas etc in the squad plus on top of that he got even more money to spend the squad.
any manager taking over in that situation especially with the backing of an open chequebook would fancy their chances to do well. that was no miracle at chelsea, he never built a team from scratch or took over a struggling side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Sick of hearing all of the Mourinho rubbish to be honest and all the hype that surrounds him.  No doubt they'll be saying he toppled Barca if he manages to win the title over there.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:11 pm

heimdall:

"?? I'm confused wasn't the intital discussion about having maureen as the next manager of LFC, then someone said yeah but he'd only leave to which I and others correctly pointed out that even after he left Chelsea were far better off than they were before he was their manager. In other words if we could afford him he would be a very very good manager for us. Am I making myself clear enough now or to many long words for you?"

Thanks for imparting your wisdom on me
:laugh:
Fu'ckin hell its like being taught how to write by a chimp!

I dont give a flying fu'ck what Mourinho did at chelsea, or what state he left them in, or what they won after he went.
I care about KK being our manager here and now and refuse to discuss his sacking for someone like the special one coming here in his place.
People should show a bit of loyalty instead of undermining KK with hypothetical bo'llox about something which will never happen
Ya dig?
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:55 am

mourinho is a circus and a flaming nobsack and how would we feel when he ***** off for the manure job when its available.
liverpool might be good for maureen but i wouldnt think maureen would be good for liverpool.
if kenny feels in the summer that its as far as he can take us and steps down then thats fine with me and if he takes us into next season then thats good enough for me also.
other than that id rather see benitez back with kenny remaining on as coach than letting mourinho anyway near the place.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 am

Jurgen Klopp would be a good shout in my opinion.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:13 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
heimdall wrote:do you remember how dominant Manure were at that point, Maureen did an amazing job to win it in his first season, and bear in mind it's not about how much you spend but also how well you spend it and mold the team etc.

well the year ranieri finished second it was arsenal who were the champions, that was the year when they went the entire season unbeaten, but ranieri finished above united himself when he was sacked.
ranieri actually lined up and bought robben and cech as well before he left, mourinho joined a team that had finished second the season before, got to the CL semi finals and had the likes of petr cech, john terry, frank lampard, joe cole, damian duff, arjen robben, claude makelele, william gallas etc in the squad plus on top of that he got even more money to spend the squad.
any manager taking over in that situation especially with the backing of an open chequebook would fancy their chances to do well. that was no miracle at chelsea, he never built a team from scratch or took over a struggling side.

I stand corrected, but I still don't think it's right to not give the man respect, he did a fantastic job at Chelsea and is a hell of a manager but I'm not entirely convinced he's right for Liverpool. To be honest I'm not quite sure who I'd like to see take over, but I'm coming around to the idea of Rafa, he took us very very close on a tight budget before the civil war erupted and he justifiably got ***** off with it all.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:16 am

Thommo's perm wrote:heimdall:

"?? I'm confused wasn't the intital discussion about having maureen as the next manager of LFC, then someone said yeah but he'd only leave to which I and others correctly pointed out that even after he left Chelsea were far better off than they were before he was their manager. In other words if we could afford him he would be a very very good manager for us. Am I making myself clear enough now or to many long words for you?"

I dont give a flying fu'ck what Mourinho did at chelsea, or what state he left them in, or what they won after he went.
I care about KK being our manager here and now and refuse to discuss his sacking for someone like the special one coming here in his place.
People should show a bit of loyalty instead of undermining KK with hypothetical bo'llox about something which will never happen
Ya dig?

You always take things so personally, and judging by your limited vocabulary and propensity towards vulgarity perhaps you do need a few writing lessons, certainly some netiquette wouldn't go amiss.

By the way, just out of curiosity, did you also pledge unfailing loyalty to Hodgson when he was the manager?  :eyebrow
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:17 am

7_Kewell wrote:Jurgen Klopp would be a good shout in my opinion.

I second that, outstanding manager.
heimdall

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:45 am

I cannot believe people are talking about a new manager, what fickle bunch.  :no
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:54 am

Kenny Kan wrote:I cannot believe people are talking about a new manager, what fickle bunch.  :no

The mostest ficklest ever!  :ghostface:
Last edited by Reg on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:55 am

heimdall wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:heimdall:

Ya dig?

You always take things so personally, and judging by your limited vocabulary and propensity towards vulgarity perhaps you do need a few writing lessons, certainly some netiquette wouldn't go amiss.

By the way, just out of curiosity, did you also pledge unfailing loyalty to Hodgson when he was the manager?  :eyebrow

Fu'ck you and your "netiquette"!
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:04 am

7_Kewell wrote:Jurgen Klopp would be a good shout in my opinion.

Chelsea were reportedly interested in him and he flat out rejected their advances.
Boxscarf

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Reg wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:I cannot believe people are talking about a new manager, what fickle bunch.  :no

If the cap fits...

Notice your little (big) sig there Reginald - is that to prove you're not the ficklest LFC "fan" on these boards?  :laugh:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm

:kungfu:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
Reg wrote:

If the cap fits...

Notice your little (big) sig there Reginald - is that to prove you're not the ficklest LFC "fan" on these boards?  :laugh:

:bowdown  :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion