Moving forward - Now that the race for 4th is over

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:07 am

Boxscarf wrote:
heimdall wrote:
But we'd have success and a good squad with a winning mentality so I don't quite see the problem???

Look what happened to both Chelsea and Inter when Mourinho left.

Chelsea reached the CL final, from what i remember....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:15 am

7_Kewell wrote:
Boxscarf wrote:
heimdall wrote:
But we'd have success and a good squad with a winning mentality so I don't quite see the problem???

Look what happened to both Chelsea and Inter when Mourinho left.

Was that the one they won?
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:17 am

narrowly lost...but then went on to win the league and cup double with most of Mourinho's players.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spiceboys2014 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:18 am

Greavesie wrote:blatant tw@t more like. Trophies matter. We've had a poor league season no doubt about it but that can be worked on, the football is a lot better on the eye (earlier in the season anyway and the squad has a bit more genuine depth), there's silverware in the cabinet and the possibility of the FA cup. Loads of supporters of other sides are saying we've had a poor year but I bet almost all of them would swap a few league positions for two trophies (should we win the cup). Overall there's a hell of a lot more to be positive about with this current crop than the squad left behind when Rafa and Roy left, I don't understand how people can say otherwise if I'm honest, the owners have been in for three transfer windows and imo they've cut a lot of the cr@p and invested (maybe not as wisely as some would have liked but they trusted Kenny). As far as I'm concerned a proper number 9 and a bolstering in the middle of the park and this side is good to go.

How that bellend can say backwards is beyond me - we've not been in the top 4 for 3 seasons now and we've been through two managers...maybe patience will be a virtue this time round...

Clueless :) :)

Patience? Maybe we should all gather round, hold a seance for shanks, light candles and josticks and sing 'Cum By Ya M'Lord". Before each game.
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:23 am

spiceboys2014 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:blatant tw@t more like. Trophies matter. We've had a poor league season no doubt about it but that can be worked on, the football is a lot better on the eye (earlier in the season anyway and the squad has a bit more genuine depth), there's silverware in the cabinet and the possibility of the FA cup. Loads of supporters of other sides are saying we've had a poor year but I bet almost all of them would swap a few league positions for two trophies (should we win the cup). Overall there's a hell of a lot more to be positive about with this current crop than the squad left behind when Rafa and Roy left, I don't understand how people can say otherwise if I'm honest, the owners have been in for three transfer windows and imo they've cut a lot of the cr@p and invested (maybe not as wisely as some would have liked but they trusted Kenny). As far as I'm concerned a proper number 9 and a bolstering in the middle of the park and this side is good to go.

How that bellend can say backwards is beyond me - we've not been in the top 4 for 3 seasons now and we've been through two managers...maybe patience will be a virtue this time round...

Patience? Maybe we should all gather round, hold a seance for shanks, light candles and josticks and sing 'Cum By Ya M'Lord". Before each game.

Maybe we should?
Thats probably the most sensible thing youve said
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:24 am

7_Kewell wrote:narrowly lost...but then went on to win the league and cup double with most of Mourinho's players.

How is this relevent to us???
:Oo:
Thommo's perm

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:03 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:narrowly lost...but then went on to win the league and cup double with most of Mourinho's players.

Well it kind of proves the point that Chelsea didn't entirely collapse after Maureen left doesn't it, which was the initial argument, or did you just join the conversation for some other reason?  :cool:
heimdall

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:38 am

spiceboys2014 wrote:

:laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:43 am

7_Kewell wrote:

Mourinho was the best thing to happen to Chelsea, when he left their constant flow of success pretty much dried up. Ancelotti could have been a great manager for Chelsea, but he was sacked.

Look what's happened to Inter Milan in the aftermath of Mourinho's exit. In the last two years Inter have had a total of five managers.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:45 am

heimdall wrote:
Well it kind of proves the point that Chelsea didn't entirely collapse after Maureen left doesn't it, which was the initial argument, or did you just join the conversation for some other reason?  :cool:

Mourinho is their most successful manager.
Boxscarf

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:50 pm

heimdall wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

So your point is that chelsea, after their most successful manager left, didnt collapse?
I ask you again, whats the relevence to LFC with this twaddle?
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Boxscarf wrote:
heimdall wrote:

you forgot to mention that bit about chelsea spending more money than any club in the history of the game up to that point, lets face it they werent far away anyway, ranieri had finished second and got through to a CL semi final when he lost his job, under ranieri chelsea had broken the transfer record a few times and signed players like duff, makelele, crespo, veron, petit, lampard, glen johnson, joe cole, wayne bridge, mutu, gallas etc etc
mourinho did well but he never performed miracles at chelsea, all the cards were in his favour, infact he never got any further than ranieri did in the CL.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:43 pm

:Oo:[/quote]

Well it kind of proves the point that Chelsea didn't entirely collapse after Maureen left doesn't it, which was the initial argument, or did you just join the conversation for some other reason?  :cool:[/quote]

So your point is that chelsea, after their most successful manager left, didnt collapse?
I ask you again, whats the relevence to LFC with this twaddle?[/quote]

?? I'm confused wasn't the intital discussion about having maureen as the next manager of LFC, then someone said yeah but he'd only leave to which I and others correctly pointed out that even after he left Chelsea were far better off than they were before he was their manager. In other words if we could afford him he would be a very very good manager for us. Am I making myself clear enough now or to many long words for you?
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
Boxscarf wrote:
heimdall wrote:

you forgot to mention that bit about chelsea spending more money than any club in the history of the game up to that point, lets face it they werent far away anyway, ranieri had finished second and got through to a CL semi final when he lost his job, under ranieri chelsea had broken the transfer record a few times and signed players like duff, makelele, crespo, veron, petit, lampard, glen johnson, joe cole, wayne bridge, mutu, gallas etc etc
mourinho did well but he never performed miracles at chelsea, all the cards were in his favour, infact he never got any further than ranieri did in the CL.

do you remember how dominant Manure were at that point, Maureen did an amazing job to win it in his first season, and bear in mind it's not about how much you spend but also how well you spend it and mold the team etc.
heimdall

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Here is a statement that some should take notice off

"Mourinho will never be Liverpool manager"

It is that simple
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion