Moving forward - Now that the race for 4th is over

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:00 pm

A poor performance. Much more of this and KK's future will surely be in jeopardy at the end of the season regardless of what happens in the FA Cup. If fourth wasn't gone before today it is surely gone now. Even eleven wins 72 points might not be enough that's if the players were capable of winning one game let alone eleven.
friendlyguy33

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:07 pm

lakes10 wrote:

I think one of the problems is that can see what kenny is thinkg. late subs, playing deep. all very strange.
should he be sacked? no, not in my view.

do i trust him to buy better players, well thats a hard one.
some of his buys have not paid off but that can be said for our last 4 managers.
I would give him another year but i tell you know that if he gets stick from the fans he will walk.

Ultimately it will be about Kenny being able to convince the owners and aside from the Carling cup I don't think he has a leg to stand on. The signings have mostly been poor and aside from some good performances against the big sides we have not really shown any guile on the pitch this season. I think giving him another year would only be putting a band aid on and we need the full solution.

I know this sounds bad but I think he should have stepped aside in the summer. We were in a good place then generally, the club was on the up again and general mentality around the club was positive. Ok we still have the FA Cup but again it's only glossing over the real problems.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D___C » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:11 pm

No chance will Kenny be sacked in the summer. Next season is huge obviously.

He bought badly and we are seeing the effects of it, but hes deserving of a second crack.

I'm not sure if Kenny is the reason we play so deep, possibly Clarkes influence? It certainly makes it much harder when we win the ball back we have to go the length of the field to attack.

The league makes ugly reading. Lower points average than this stage last season, three defeats on the spin, four home wins all season, 2 wins from the last 11. We have nothing to fight for so I would throw in the kids for the remainder of the league, get Sterling some invaluable experience without any pressure.
D___C

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Guys if Roy was still here what would everyone be saying right now after 3 defeats on the trott?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:17 pm

Well, like I said, Kenny has diplomatic immunity...
Almost as bad signings as Hodgson and if we aren't careful, we'll be in the same position in the league too.
We are closer to Norwich in 12th than Newcastle in 6th now.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:18 pm

D___C wrote:.

I'm not sure if Kenny is the reason we play so deep, possibly Clarkes influence? It certainly makes it much harder when we win the ball back we have to go the length of the field to attack.

We are playing identical to Newcastle under Kenny's reign...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:21 pm

We managed to bag the Carling Cup but overall this is one of the worst sides we have had for a few years.

People do not like to hear the truth but the only reason the managers getting backing is because of who is and not the job hes doing.

At this point I would have to say that Kenny was the right choice at the time to steady the ship but long term we will need a new one.

Our performance in the Premiership has been shambolic and the buck stops with Dalglish Im afraid.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:00 pm

tubby wrote:Guys if Roy was still here what would everyone be saying right now after 3 defeats on the trott?

Jurgen Klopp...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:04 pm

parchpea wrote:We managed to bag the Carling Cup but overall this is one of the worst sides we have had for a few years.

Lets not kid ourself lad, the Carling cup was luck...we struggled in the final against team from a lower division and they could have easily won.  Things are rotten and today the players looked like they weren't interested.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:27 pm

League performance:

0 wins in 4

2 wins in 11

shocking.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D___C » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:31 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
parchpea wrote:We managed to bag the Carling Cup but overall this is one of the worst sides we have had for a few years.

Lets not kid ourself lad, the Carling cup was luck...we struggled in the final against team from a lower division and they could have easily won.  Things are rotten and today the players looked like they weren't interested.

We were fortunate at Wembley, the team was wrong, however we were very good against Arsenal and fully deserved to win. The effort was great, the play was excellent.

Its two or three English signings that havent worked out for Kenny, he can still redeem this in the summer.

I have faith in his methods, just get the signings right and i believe we will be looking good.
D___C

Postby lakes10 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:32 pm

tubby wrote:Guys if Roy was still here what would everyone be saying right now after 3 defeats on the trott?

yes i understand that and i would be saying the same if Rafa was here.

but with kenny he has not had much luck since he has come in, best players being out, hitting the post 21 times and things like that.

yes i understand that being at my age and being there when he has won it and shook his hand, that i will stand up for him more than i did for other managers.

but he has earned that.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:40 pm

D___C wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

We were fortunate at Wembley, the team was wrong, however we were very good against Arsenal and fully deserved to win. The effort was great, the play was excellent.

Its two or three English signings that havent worked out for Kenny, he can still redeem this in the summer.

I have faith in his methods, just get the signings right and i believe we will be looking good.

i agree, to be fair at times under kenny we have played some really good footy and generally we have tried to have a go at teams which i think is the right philosophy in the long term.
i think in henderson and carroll liverpool bought players for the future but a glance at our league position shows that last summer we probably needed to sign players who were the finished article rather than potential, when liverpool lost kevin keegan to hamburg bob paisley didnt try to replace him with a 21 and 22 year old, he went out and bought kenny who was 27 years old at the time and the captain of celtic.
it`s not carroll`s or henderson`s fault, it`s unrealistic to expect two players in their early 20`s to transform the club.
i think this summer liverpool need to go and buy a couple of players who are the finished article.
despite the horrendous run of form i do honestly think we have the foundations of a really good side at the club.
i`d be tempted to bring aquilani back next season even if he did want to stay in italy, if he was getting a regular game alongside lucas he might change his mind about playing in england.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:34 pm

What we lack is leadership on the pitch. Gerrard is an inspirational leader who leads by example.
He is out of form and therefore ineffectual. Especially if he isnt playing.
This is why we are so sloppy and clunky. We need someone to take charge and tell players what to do when they are struggling, and give a kick up the ar'se when needed
Thommo's perm

Postby Octsky » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:32 am

Kenny once said he would step aside if there is a better manager out there to manage us.
he aint perfect and still relearning the game after so many years out. this is not yet his first full season baring that in mind.

he is a winner, and proven winner as a player and as a manager, give him a bit of time to find his footing again. If not i think
Kenny will gladly step aside himself if a better replacement appears.

i humbly ask anyone who want Kenny replaced? with who?
AVB was mentioned a few times few months ago...where is he now?
morhino? just extended contract with RM.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion