Biscan moving on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby taff » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:35 am

To be honest Im stuck between liking the guy and having enjoyed his renaissance and hoping he becomes a really good player and the nagging reality that he aint good enough and is he really part of our plans to win the premiership

Are one or two good performances a reason to part with thousand of pounds a week
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:42 am

i heard rafa has given ultimatums to biscan, baros, kewel and smicer to proove their worth in the final games. no decisions will be made until the summer. As for biscan leaving? I would rather keep him in the squad myself for another year
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:21 am

I think Smicer will be gone for sure. As for Kewell, Biscan and Baros, I don't really know. It seems to me if we can get a quality striker in the summer, Baros will be as good as gone. Its worth to give Biscan and kewell another shot. But I think Biscan would be about the same as his chance to play a game will be limited. Unless we can give him a string of games, otherwise, it won't make any difference whether he stayed or not.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby KARMANI » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:21 pm

i reckon there's still a chance he could be offered a new contract in the summer. let's not forget that even Didi hasn't been offered a new contract yet. i think Rafa probably told Igor that he wasn't in his plans before he started turning in some good performances. if he keeps it up, Rafa may keep him as a squad player next season.

he's certainly got a better chance of staying here than Smicer
KARMANI

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:29 pm

we should of got rid of Smicer 2-3 years ago. :glare:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:30 am

From the Daily Post

Liverpool to offer new deal to Biscan
Apr 4 2005

By Ian Doyle, Daily Post

LIVERPOOL are prepared to extend Igor Biscan's Anfield career by offering the Croatian a new contract.

The midfielder was expected to leave once his present deal expires during the summer, but club officials will offer the midfielder a new one-year extension with the possibility of another year.

Manager Rafael Benitez has decided to reward the 26-year-old for his efforts during a season in which Biscan has played an increasing role.

However, with German Bundesliga side Hamburg ready to entice the player with a lucrative deal, Biscan may opt to depart Anfield with the promise of a more secure long-term contract.

Biscan was the match-winner on Saturday as Liverpool scored a significant 1-0 victory over Bolton at Anfield on Saturday to close to within a point of fourth-placed Everton and move four points clear of Sam Allardyce's fellow Champions League qualification hopefuls.

Of the promise of a new deal, Benitez said: "I have talked with Igor in the last week about my idea, and he knows my idea.

"Igor is a good player but he needs confidence. If you aren't playing all the time, then you need a strong mentality and to work hard in training and he has done that.

"I think he'll play in a lot of the games between now and the end of the season, especially with Dietmar Hamann being injured.

"I read in an interview he was saying he is happier now playing in central midfield, and I think that is his real position."

come on Igor sign that contract. id be made up if he decided to stay. good player to have in the squad, not always first 11 but deffo a good squad player. deserves it for all the effort he has put in this season and has never once gone moaning to the press when he has not been playing. Igor, Igor, Igor!
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:55 pm

i'd give Biscan a new 1yr contract...only as a squad player tho...but as long as he knows thats the score, then ok.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:18 pm

It wouldn’t be that bad an idea to offer Biscan a 1 year contract on reduced terms and keep him as back up. He won't moan about not being a regular and he can come in and do a good job. This means Rafa can spend his time and money on strengthening in other worrying positions.

But I think it is more likely that he will be allowed to leave, and a replacement bought in.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:59 pm

maximus wrote:From the Daily Post

Apr 4 2005

By Ian Doyle, Daily Post

LIVERPOOL are prepared to extend Igor Biscan's Anfield career by offering the Croatian a new contract.

The midfielder was expected to leave once his present deal expires during the summer, but club officials will offer the midfielder a new one-year extension with the possibility of another year.

Manager Rafael Benitez has decided to reward the 26-year-old for his efforts during a season in which Biscan has played an increasing role.

However, with German Bundesliga side Hamburg ready to entice the player with a lucrative deal, Biscan may opt to depart Anfield with the promise of a more secure long-term contract.

Biscan was the match-winner on Saturday as Liverpool scored a significant 1-0 victory over Bolton at Anfield on Saturday to close to within a point of fourth-placed Everton and move four points clear of Sam Allardyce's fellow Champions League qualification hopefuls.

Of the promise of a new deal, Benitez said: "I have talked with Igor in the last week about my idea, and he knows my idea.

"Igor is a good player but he needs confidence. If you aren't playing all the time, then you need a strong mentality and to work hard in training and he has done that.

"I think he'll play in a lot of the games between now and the end of the season, especially with Dietmar Hamann being injured.

"I read in an interview he was saying he is happier now playing in central midfield, and I think that is his real position."

come on Igor sign that contract. id be made up if he decided to stay. good player to have in the squad, not always first 11 but deffo a good squad player. deserves it for all the effort he has put in this season and has never once gone moaning to the press when he has not been playing. Igor, Igor, Igor!

return of HAS, read this you fuc'king moron

biscan a new 1 yr deal

cheers max, at least someones on the ball

it was also on sky news last night
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:01 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:

Apr 4 2005

By Ian Doyle, Daily Post

return of HAS, read this you fuc'king moron

biscan a new 1 yr deal

Sir, I am in your debt.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:02 pm

its ok mate, sometimes i am wrong, thats life

take it easy :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:15 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:return of HAS, read this you fuc'king moron

biscan a new 1 yr deal

Int that a bit harsh Judgey?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:16 pm

mmmmmmmmm.........maybe..........see above your post
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KARMANI » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:26 pm

Apr 4 2005

By Ian Doyle, Daily Post

great stuff! the lads a legend in his own right! Hope he has a blinder tonight!
KARMANI

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion