Moving forward - What to do: short term vs long term

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mart » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:18 am

tonyeh wrote:Looking at the points, not the table number, the Season is far from "lost".

I think that the view of our season as "lost" comes more from the type of performance we have seen from the team with the current "tactics".
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:57 am

You are wrong mart.  Haven't you been reading the board?  It's all Roy's fault. If only he said the right things in his press cofrences, we'd be in the top four.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:27 am

For those of you deluded souls that actually think we can finish fourth under Hodgson please pass me the glue you have all been sniffing.

I would make a killing selling the s**t that has you all mental as, strolling down flowery fields while holding Roy's hands, singing lalalalalalala

Fourth, haha, you fellas crack me up..........

:p
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:36 am

eds wrote:For those of you deluded souls that actually think we can finish fourth under Hodgson please pass me the glue you have all been sniffing.

I would make a killing selling the s**t that has you all mental as, strolling down flowery fields while holding Roy's hands, singing lalalalalalala

I actually dont think we will finish 4th under Roy.
We wont pick up nearly enough points away from home under him.
That's why i stated in the Roy thread that i would cut our losses right now and bring in Kenny and Aldo if possible.
Just until the end of the season.

I just disagreed that the season is lost.
The way teams are dropping points this season 4th is achievable with the right tactics.
I dont think Roy would provide them though.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby eds » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:40 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
eds wrote:For those of you deluded souls that actually think we can finish fourth under Hodgson please pass me the glue you have all been sniffing.

I actually dont think we will finish 4th under Roy.
We wont pick up nearly enough points away from home under him.
That's why i stated in the Roy thread that i would cut our losses right now and bring in Kenny and Aldo if possible.
Just until the end of the season.

I just disagreed that the season is lost.
The way teams are dropping points this season 4th is achievable with the right tactics.
I dont think Roy would provide them though.

I agree with everything you have said Ben.

We are good enough to finish fourth, sadly Hodgson is clearly out of his depth and will come nowhere near that.

I can see it, you can see it and millions of other Liverpool fans can as well, yet somehow he still has a job.

:suspect:

Please roll on 2011 -2012.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby tonyeh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:55 pm

As I said, it hinges on being able to harness decent performances and we have seen some this season, despite the hair pulling. If that doesn't happen, then 4th spot won't either.
tonyeh

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion