MIDDLESBROUGH VS LIVERPOOL - Lets get back into the title race.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:36 pm

bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:Now, surely no one can come on here and defend that team he put out.

:cool: I wouldn't be so sure if I was you mate.

ok, I got nothing lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:41 pm

I dont want Rafa to go but leaving Benny out today and putting in El Zhar was a bit mad in all fairness. El Zhar looked way out of his depth today and even Gerrard lost the head with him. The Skrtel one was a bit strange as well, Downing had a very good game today, oh and....

What the hell is going on with Agger?
Last edited by Dundalk on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:42 pm

The players of this squad are overrated.

Liverpool is just Alonso, Gerrard and Torres. Today we saw the Torres dependence and Gerrard out of form.

The rest of players never would play for Man united or a title contender. Maybe Mascherano but as substitute.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:44 pm

i think he hurt his back
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:45 pm

2nd half looked awful cept for maybe 1 or 2 moments from Gerrard, but we should ahve been 2-0 up at halftime
JoeTerp

Postby Dundalk » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:50 pm

JoeTerp wrote:i think he hurt his back

There is more than that going on
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:50 pm

JoeTerp wrote:2nd half looked awful cept for maybe 1 or 2 moments from Gerrard, but we should ahve been 2-0 up at halftime

I agree on the awful second half. The most hurting part of the game is that they're actually weren't any good and they did make us a lot of harm.

On the first half, we made 4 or 5 decent chances I think, so it wouldn't have been a total surprise a 0-1.

But by far, this has been the most dissapointing game in quite some time.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Sabre wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:2nd half looked awful cept for maybe 1 or 2 moments from Gerrard, but we should ahve been 2-0 up at halftime

I agree on the awful second half. The most hurting part of the game is that they're actually weren't any good and they did make us a lot of harm.

On the first half, we made 4 or 5 decent chances I think, so it wouldn't have been a total surprise a 0-1.

But by far, this has been the most dissapointing game in quite some time.

much more disapointing than the league loss at Spurs. In that game, I thought we had some of our most attractive spells of the season and then caught some unlucky brakes at the end. You can say that they didn't really do anything to deserve going 1-0 up, but we defended very poorly (especially Carragher) on their 2nd goal and they could have had 2 or 3 more after that. Although this can be put down to us focusing more on trying to win. We did put a striker on for a winger and bennayoun on for Carragher which is some attacking subs that people normally criticize Rafa for not making.

I would like to think had Alonso not scored the own goal and we had converted one of those earlier chances that we would have closed out the game at least 1-0 winners and hopefully 2 or 3 nil winners.  But it seems hard to say things like this when we play sooo badly for such long stretches at the end
JoeTerp

Postby frankp57 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:40 pm

One of the most disappointing aspects about it all is that today's result and performance is not really a surprise is it.

Could you imagine Man Ure beating Real Madrid away and then face a team that hadn't won in 14, hadn't scored in the league since 10th Jan and were low on confidence and actually losing. Sorry, let me correct that to... and actually not wiping the floor with them.

I'm not sure as to how beating Real Madrid manages to motivate the opposition and not us.

If, in the eyes of some fans and pundits, beating Madrid makes Rafa a master tactician/coach then what does today's defeat make him.

It goes without saying that it would have been one hell of an achievement and one hell of a party if we had won the league, especially considering the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough. At the very least fight the Mancs to the end. But to concede without a fight is disgraceful.

The "we won't bottle it" cries around Christmas and the turn of the year seem a long, long memory now don't they.

Rafa said at the time that being top at the turn of the year means that we would be 70% towards winning the title (quite where he got that percentage from I don't know). What percentage the team being top of the league at the turn of the year not finishing in the top four.

Not finishing in the top 4 is maybe a long shot but that's only because Arsenal are having a bigger nightmare than us.

It is all so depressing and yet it needn't be, as how much of our woes are self-inflicted - or inflicted by the stubborness of one man.

I do so much want Rafa to be the one to deliver us our Holy Grail but increasingly I can't see it. Too many bad signings (some of them good at their previous clubs until we signed them), too many games where for some reason he is the only one that sees a square peg will fit in a round hole, too many negative substitutions, too many off the pitch battles etc; etc;

It seems crazy that we as LFC fans are complaining as we are still in the CL and doing as well as most clubs would give their right arms to be in the league but I think the reason we are miffed is because we know that it can be so much better.

It's not as if we fans complain about team selections and/or transfers (in or out) and to have our misgivings thrown back at us by Rafa being in a position to say "I was right because we did do it on the pitch" That is when he could claim the phrase "In Rafa WeTrust" has some substance. But at the moment all we can say is:

"In Rafa We......?"

Answers on a postcard.
frankp57

Postby zarababe » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Shouldn't new members pass a Liverpool FC knowledge test, before they can post on here - we've got too many sh8t stirers on here already.. without these WUMS
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raffmaker » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Did'nt see the game, just saw it on sky sports news with Mat Le tissier watching. Apparently we missed two absolute sitters.

I don't know how many of you believe we can win the league under Rafa with Dross like that. no pressure on opposition. Same story.

If we are not careful we might not finish in the top 4 either!
Raffmaker

Postby aCe' » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:01 pm

zarababe wrote:Shouldn't new members pass a Liverpool FC knowledge test, before they can post on here - we've got too many sh8t stirers on here already.. without these WUMS

i dont see much wrong being said around here by new members so i dont really know where that was coming from...

good post btw Frank
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Ciggy wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
zarababe wrote:
mistyred wrote:Feckin b0ll0x, i feel like a homeless hobo, i can't bloody believe this.

Why don't they just kick my in the nut's and sh!t on my face while there at it.

Cheers lads.

phew... I feel like it's too painful to support Liverpool .. what will become of us  :down:

Told ya u coke sniffing cranky wanna b

WTF are you on about? dont be insulting her like that.

we was having a fight over who was better barnes and maradona and I was having a laught about her avatar ffs grow up you muppet.

I said he was a coke sniffing cranky as in one of the crankys look alike.

Which in all fairness he is isn't he he got done for drugs and he really looks like one of the crankys.

So what I say ? that is wrong ?
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ox5 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:18 pm

watched the game via internet from Fox, 1st half ok, but missed 2 gilt edged chances, their 1st was a fluke, but they all count. in the 2nd we looked devoid of ideas, but did have some more chances, in fairness, 'boro wanted it more imho:(  i was sat thinking, how can we beat Madrid in their backyard, then loose to a team in or were in bottom 3?? :angry:
LFC 4EVA
*pm me if you have any spare home tickets for me and daugter!!*
ox5

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion