MIDDLESBROUGH VS LIVERPOOL - Lets get back into the title race.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Effes wrote:
Effes wrote:
RedBen wrote:So I suppose this means:

Reina

Carra      Hyypia       Skrtel      Aurelio

Alonso       Masch

Gerrard

El Zhar                              Babel

Kuyt

Rafa does it again, no Benayoun?

Babel in for Riera?

He's pushing it is Rafa

I was chokka in work, so before I have a rant.

Is this the formation we played?

No mate Skrtel was Right back
account deleted by request

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:10 pm

s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Worst performance of the season, our fringe players are not good enough, and its obvious they put everything into the madrid game and had nothing left. i am not as angry as last week because last week I think we all know it was then we lost our title chance.

We have no strength beyond our first 11 full stop.

Is the best post on this thread.

100% correct. Our first 11 on their day is as good as any in the league, but outside that, things are thin. Our bench today proved it. In fact, having El Zahr on the pitch proved it. We need a gluttony of signings in the summer of quality. Do we have the money for it? I don't think so. We may have to settle for two really high class signings and some better quality squad players. Some players will have to be sold off, and I expect players like Lucas, Benayoun, Babel and several fringe players to exit. Honestly, it doesn't matter if the manager is replaced. It won't change the situation for us. In fact, I can only see it worsening if that happens. If Benitez really has maintained that he wanted more control of signings, then lets see if his word is true. If he signs a few lesser unknowns and squad fillers again, well, then I'd advocate that he leaves because he will no longer have this leaning stick of an excuse to fall back upon.

Good post with a lot of truths

Good post ..... you just forgot to mention who's fault it is that the squad is so weak and who bought all the poor players that fill it.

And before you say it , no it wasn't Parry :D

The squad is not so weak, s@int. Considering we've gone this long and only now is the depth starting to show. United have a better bench. Chelsea's squad is still vastly superior to ours, yet we're still kicking about close to them in the table. The difference, and I still strongly maintain this, is that Chelsea and United can strengthen at will by signings players costing in excess of 20 million at a time. United and Chelsea average spending of at least 50 million in the summer, whereas we barely manage over 20 million to spend. That's the difference. United's team has had the ball rolling for over 15 years in the league, and all they have to do is drop big sums on their primary targets to strengthen and replace, whereas Benitez (and Houllier respectively) have had to do a complete rebuild of the entire squad almost. It is seriously unfair to berate a manager who's had to come into a club in the state ours has been in, and expect him to win the title in a set period of time. Who the f*ck makes these rules up anyway? Like I said, let's see who we go for in the Summer and who we manage to get. Like it or not, people, it's a fact these days that the CL is massively important to football clubs. It's the promised land, and everyone is trying to get there. Problem is, not everyone is allowed. It's an attraction of major talent to a team if you do well in it. Problem is, if you don't have the cash to splash on that talent, you won't get them. We have the best manager is Europe for that competition. If we do really well this year in it, and get the money now that Benitez has no more obstacles obstructing his dealings, then maybe, just maybe, we'll get our David Villa's and Dani Alves's of this world playing for the most promising side to be competing on the European front.

I am not going to arrgue mate, if you want to ignore the facts thats up to you. I posted the league table of spends and since Rafa came Chelsea have spent LESS THAN £3MILLION PER SEASON more than us on average .

We get the same excuses every season, and every season its the poor buys that cost us ...... not how much he spends. £40million this season for example. A striker who has now gone, a defender who cant defend, a winger that cant last longer than an hour and a defender who may as well be the invisible man ...... because no one has ever seen him.

Riera was a good buy. Needed a left winger, and got one. Nothing exceptionally amazing, but he's done a job. As for him not lasting an hour, well, that's Rafa's decision to hoist him off for whatever reason, but I do know that playing as a winger is probably the most demanding position on the pitch as far as fitness levels go. Dossena I can agree with you there. No arguments. Keane, well, that's the major talking point of this season and for me is one of the most deciding ones that's now landed us in this position. If it was Parry who made the signing that inevitably cost us from potential other transfers, and eventually ended up costing the club a lose of a few million, wouldn't it make sense for the person who f*cked that deal up to either be sacked or asked for his resignation? Someone had to go over that debacle, and it's clear now who it was. When our club is being run like it is, what chance have we got? What chance has our manager got? In fact, what chance will any manager have taking over? Better still, who'd want the job knowing that we are run like a circus act? Now that Parry is gone, it should be at least interesting to see what changes in direction the club goes, if at all.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:14 pm

If i can make a psycological obesrvation on Rafa it is that he so sure his Tactics are superior it almost doesn't matter who plays - he is such a tactic genious that he is really convinced that any player that plays the position he puts him will be enough - but again and again he and all of us are prooven that there it is no substituion for talent and skills period.

If instead of El-Zaher or Kuyt there was a different player on the finishing side we would have won and this has continued for almost all of this season - positions aren't everything ,Discipline is not god - what about good old football? Talent? Dribble? Enjoy the game this isn't chess.
Last edited by only me on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:14 pm

We have to just concentrate on Europe now. Cannot fathom Utd winning another European cup as well.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:15 pm

Oh well Im off to have a romantic night with the other half :D

Ill leave you all with this...........

When I was just a little girl,
I asked my mother, 'What will I be?
Will I be pretty?
Will I be rich?"
Here's what she said to me:

Que sera, sera
what ever will be, will be;
The future's not ours to see.
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be

When I grew up and fell in love,
I asked my sweetheart, "What lies ahead,
will we have rainbows
day after day?"
Guess what my sweeheart said:

Que sera, sera
whatever will be, will be
the future's not ours to see.
Que sera, sera
what will be; will be

Now I have children of my own
they ask their mother "What will I be
will I be handsome?
will I be rich?"
I tell them tenderly

Que sera, sera
whatever will be, will be;
the future's not ours to see.
Que sera, sera
what will be, will be
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:We have to just concentrate on Europe now. Cannot fathom Utd winning another European cup as well.

I disagree Bav.

Being second is not only a matter of honour, it's a matter of not playing an extra European Round and that means a better preparation for next league in the summer mate.

League must be a priority until the end no matter the results.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:16 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Worst performance of the season, our fringe players are not good enough, and its obvious they put everything into the madrid game and had nothing left. i am not as angry as last week because last week I think we all know it was then we lost our title chance.

100% correct. Our first 11 on their day is as good as any in the league, but outside that, things are thin. Our bench today proved it. In fact, having El Zahr on the pitch proved it. We need a gluttony of signings in the summer of quality. Do we have the money for it? I don't think so. We may have to settle for two really high class signings and some better quality squad players. Some players will have to be sold off, and I expect players like Lucas, Benayoun, Babel and several fringe players to exit. Honestly, it doesn't matter if the manager is replaced. It won't change the situation for us. In fact, I can only see it worsening if that happens. If Benitez really has maintained that he wanted more control of signings, then lets see if his word is true. If he signs a few lesser unknowns and squad fillers again, well, then I'd advocate that he leaves because he will no longer have this leaning stick of an excuse to fall back upon.

Good post ..... you just forgot to mention who's fault it is that the squad is so weak and who bought all the poor players that fill it.

The squad is not so weak, s@int. Considering we've gone this long and only now is the depth starting to show. United have a better bench. Chelsea's squad is still vastly superior to ours, yet we're still kicking about close to them in the table. The difference, and I still strongly maintain this, is that Chelsea and United can strengthen at will by signings players costing in excess of 20 million at a time. United and Chelsea average spending of at least 50 million in the summer, whereas we barely manage over 20 million to spend. That's the difference. United's team has had the ball rolling for over 15 years in the league, and all they have to do is drop big sums on their primary targets to strengthen and replace, whereas Benitez (and Houllier respectively) have had to do a complete rebuild of the entire squad almost. It is seriously unfair to berate a manager who's had to come into a club in the state ours has been in, and expect him to win the title in a set period of time. Who the f*ck makes these rules up anyway? Like I said, let's see who we go for in the Summer and who we manage to get. Like it or not, people, it's a fact these days that the CL is massively important to football clubs. It's the promised land, and everyone is trying to get there. Problem is, not everyone is allowed. It's an attraction of major talent to a team if you do well in it. Problem is, if you don't have the cash to splash on that talent, you won't get them. We have the best manager is Europe for that competition. If we do really well this year in it, and get the money now that Benitez has no more obstacles obstructing his dealings, then maybe, just maybe, we'll get our David Villa's and Dani Alves's of this world playing for the most promising side to be competing on the European front.

I am not going to arrgue mate, if you want to ignore the facts thats up to you. I posted the league table of spends and since Rafa came Chelsea have spent LESS THAN £3MILLION PER SEASON more than us on average .

We get the same excuses every season, and every season its the poor buys that cost us ...... not how much he spends. £40million this season for example. A striker who has now gone, a defender who cant defend, a winger that cant last longer than an hour and a defender who may as well be the invisible man ...... because no one has ever seen him.

Riera was a good buy. Needed a left winger, and got one. Nothing exceptionally amazing, but he's done a job. As for him not lasting an hour, well, that's Rafa's decision to hoist him off for whatever reason, but I do know that playing as a winger is probably the most demanding position on the pitch as far as fitness levels go. Dossena I can agree with you there. No arguments. Keane, well, that's the major talking point of this season and for me is one of the most deciding ones that's now landed us in this position. If it was Parry who made the signing that inevitably cost us from potential other transfers, and eventually ended up costing the club a lose of a few million, wouldn't it make sense for the person who f*cked that deal up to either be sacked or asked for his resignation? Someone had to go over that debacle, and it's clear now who it was. When our club is being run like it is, what chance have we got? What chance has our manager got? In fact, what chance will any manager have taking over? Better still, who'd want the job knowing that we are run like a circus act? Now that Parry is gone, it should be at least interesting to see what changes in direction the club goes, if at all.

Its a managers job to make the BEST USE of the assets at his disposal. Selling Keane NO MATTER who bought him was NOT making best use of the assets at his disposal.

I honestly can't see ANY argument to that mate.
account deleted by request

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Dont worry everthing will be "hunky dory" when we beat Madrid next week?.....yeah right!...everyone will have forgot about our league preformances by then just what rafa wants....how easily some people are fooled....get rid of him i say...god forbid they give him another extended contract.  :no
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:17 pm

I just noticed something:

This thread was started by Heimdall!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:18 pm

bavlondon wrote:We have to just concentrate on Europe now. Cannot fathom Utd winning another European cup as well.

Why do you think we are gonna stop them?. :wwww
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:18 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Hail Rafael Benitez!......the man who handed the mancs their 18th league title!.....thanks to his poor selections, negative approach to games...and the ability to grasp that players like lucas, babel, kuyt, dossena,Ngog, El nashire, are just not good enough. :no

We know some of the players arnt good enough but do you actualy believe seriously that Rafa does not wanna win the prem.  Do you actualy believe that he was sittin on the bench today or when he was picking his team that he was thinkin :censored: it its only a league game the mancs have won it, already so ill just swerve this game. Any :censored: manager worth his salt wether top or bottom picks his team to go out an win,

Maybe he over analises things to maybe he should just forget about tactics an just say lads go out an tw.at the ba.stards all over the park.

Rafa has not handed the mancs the league on a plate it hurts me to say this but they are a much stronger team an squad than us, An its showed simple as
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:19 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:

Why do you think we are gonna stop them?. :wwww

:Oo:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:20 pm

s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Its a managers job to make the BEST USE of the assets at his disposal. Selling Keane NO MATTER who bought him was NOT making best use of the assets at his disposal.

I honestly can't see ANY argument to that mate.

It's true. I don't defend this. It was a strange, strange decision to make in the middle of the season, but I don't think anyone outside the board really knows what went on there. It's just just as cut and dry as Rafa getting rid to prove a point. I really don't think the man is that stupid or arrogant. He is intelligent, you know, even if he does compound this by playing Kuyt as a winger.  :D
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:21 pm

lakes10 wrote:
zarababe wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:FFS, if you love the club so much why dont you have the tv and radio on during the sports shows???

here is a tip, Radio five live monday nights from 7pm.

Yer because radio phone ins are great arnt they Lakes? When was anything good ever said about us on the radio? may 2005 would be my guess, its just full of Rafa, Liverpool hating @rseholes thats why I will be watching Dancing on Ice tonight and Friday the 13th.

they are not phone ins on monday night , they have Kenny on there sometimes and j barns with Stan Collymore.

Yeh Lakes we're only topic of conversation when we lose. otherwise they don't talk about us..

again you show you done have a clue.

:laugh:

Lakes, cant believe I just read that.

5Live Lakes  :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I just noticed something:

This thread was started by Heimdall!

Well it was never gonna have a happy ending was it! :D

Never seen any of the game,but regardless of injuries or whatever,there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for loosing 2-0 to a team like Boro,just none!

Whatever 11 players were put out by us for any reason should be doing better.People are always happy to slag the manager on here but its becoming obvious that some of our players dont really give a fu'ck as long as the wages keep coming!
Shocking result today! :no
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion