MIDDLESBROUGH VS LIVERPOOL - Lets get back into the title race.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:42 pm

tonyeh wrote:
eonerf wrote:
tonyeh wrote:For Fuck's sake....

Liverpool beat Madrid by a single goal...A SINGLE GOAL. A set piece free kick, that could have been as easilly headed out as it was in....and that's it.

Liverpool didn't look like they were going to score for the rest of the game.

Jesus...if we'd slaughtered them 4-0 at their gaff, I'd understand the "disbelief" some people have here.

Did you watch the match? Just asking as Casillas basically kept them in the match in the first half so saying that we didn't look like we were going to score for the rest of the match is ridiculous!

Of course I watched the feckin match. Apart from Torres' shot in the first half, there was no real goal threat from us.

We weren't that hot on Wednesday night.

we were though didnt you hear us singin, one of the longest renditions of Rafa ive Heard in months  surley we cant all be wrong, the fans who were there like
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eonerf » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:42 pm

tonyeh wrote:
eonerf wrote:

Liverpool beat Madrid by a single goal...A SINGLE GOAL. A set piece free kick, that could have been as easilly headed out as it was in....and that's it.

Jesus...if we'd slaughtered them 4-0 at their gaff, I'd understand the "disbelief" some people have here.

Did you watch the match? Just asking as Casillas basically kept them in the match in the first half so saying that we didn't look like we were going to score for the rest of the match is ridiculous!

Of course I watched the feckin match. Apart from Torres' shot in the first half, there was no real goal threat from us.

Yeah we weren't out of this world but we did very much deserve to win regardless of how a goal came about as we had the clearer chances. The problem I had with your previous comment is the fact that Real Mardird are a great team who were a great run of form so its not like they're  going to provide crystal clear chances especially at the home.
eonerf

Postby tonyeh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:44 pm

Sabre wrote:

A whole country acknowledging Liverpool's superiority disagrees you.

I couldn't care less Sabre. What I saw on Wednesday was pretty a  pretty average Liverpool for the most part against a dire Inter...and a single goal from a set piece.

Again, I say, it's not as if we went to their gaff and slaughtered them is it?
tonyeh

Postby aCe' » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:45 pm

tonyeh wrote:
eonerf wrote:

:D

comeon mate considering who the opposition were and given the fact that its an away cup fixture i'd say Rafa got it fckin spot on at the night... very efficient and comfortable win and couldnt have asked for more really...

We play a defensive style and it works very well in cup competitions because basically not losing means winning in such games... and not losing is something we seem to be very very good at more often than not.. league is a whole different story and i'd agree with most of the criticism Rafa gets on that front..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:47 pm

tonyeh wrote:
Sabre wrote:

I couldn't care less Sabre. What I saw on Wednesday was pretty a  pretty average Liverpool for the most part against a dire Inter ...and a single goal from a set piece.

:lookaround

that explains it...  :laugh:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:47 pm

eonerf wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
eonerf wrote:

Yeah we weren't out of this world but we did very much deserve to win regardless of how a goal came about as we had the clearer chances. The problem I had with your previous comment is the fact that Real Mardird are a great team who were a great run of form so its not like they're  going to provide crystal clear chances especially at the home.

But they were appaling on Wednesday and we weren't that great either, which is why this "disbelief" over todays result is s bit silly.
tonyeh

Postby tonyeh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:48 pm

aCe' wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Sabre wrote:

I couldn't care less Sabre. What I saw on Wednesday was pretty a  pretty average Liverpool for the most part against a dire Inter ...and a single goal from a set piece.

:lookaround

that explains it...  :laugh:

Ha ha.....oops    :rasp
tonyeh

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:49 pm

:laugh: :censored:nin hell tony you was watching the mancs :laugh: why didnt you say that in the first place
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:50 pm

But they were appaling on Wednesday and we weren't that great either, which is why this "disbelief" over todays result is s bit silly.

I haven't listened to what Rafa said today but I bet he didn't say "we controlled the game".

Sometimes it's not only the defeat, or the result, it's how it happens.

Sometimes you win 3-0 in a game the opposition were good. Sometimes you win 1-0 in a game you're totally supperior to the opposition. Sometimes you draw when the fair thing would have been a victory.

But today's game was abysmal, and today I'm not that surprised to see stick to Rafa and some players. Because today the team has played a hell lower than their best.

If you think this was "just another dissapointing game no different to others" then I disagree.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:52 pm

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh: :censored:nin hell tony you was watching the mancs :laugh: why didnt you say that in the first place

:devil:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:54 pm

aCe' wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
eonerf wrote:

:D

comeon mate considering who the opposition were and given the fact that its an away cup fixture i'd say Rafa got it fckin spot on at the night... very efficient and comfortable win and couldnt have asked for more really...

We play a defensive style and it works very well in cup competitions because basically not losing means winning in such games... and not losing is something we seem to be very very good at more often than not.. league is a whole different story and i'd agree with most of the criticism Rafa gets on that front..

Agreed, I'm not saying it wasn't an efficient set up etc, but the fact is, the result was hardly a rout against Inter....ah....um....er Real (yeh thats it)...and they were pretty :censored: into the bargain.

My point is though, it's ticking me off, all this "we beat Real, but we can't be Boro.....blah blah..."

God...give it a rest.
tonyeh

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:55 pm

tonyeh wrote:
eonerf wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
eonerf wrote:

Real was running hot before we went there, contained them and score the vital away goal...surely that is not in any way an easy task. No?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:56 pm

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh: :censored:nin hell tony you was watching the mancs :laugh: why didnt you say that in the first place

They're all the feckin same to me Nan...bloody foreigners!

just kiddin'    :rasp
tonyeh

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:00 pm

tonyeh wrote:
NANNY RED wrote::laugh: :censored:nin hell tony you was watching the mancs :laugh: why didnt you say that in the first place

They're all the feckin same to me Nan...bloody foreigners!

just kiddin'    :rasp

Que MR Carlsberg :laugh:

did it not occur to you that we actualy made them look ordinary.I sound like a brief here

God stike me down dead your honour its the truth we made Madrid look sh.ite.but then out of the blue that boro came along an did a little bit of gbh on us. But instead of sending Mr Benitez to jail i think he should be given community service, clear out the waste an then give back to the Liverpool community something thats been missing from there lives for such a long time,

So i concurr your honour give this poor humble man a chance :nod.

An ive only had one drink an all
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Sabre wrote:

I haven't listened to what Rafa said today but I bet he didn't say "we controlled the game".

Sometimes it's not only the defeat, or the result, it's how it happens.

Sometimes you win 3-0 in a game the opposition were good. Sometimes you win 1-0 in a game you're totally supperior to the opposition. Sometimes you draw when the fair thing would have been a victory.

But today's game was abysmal, and today I'm not that surprised to see stick to Rafa and some players. Because today the team has played a hell lower than their best.

If you think this was "just another dissapointing game no different to others" then I disagree.

No, I am not saying that. Today's game was far from being "just another dissapointing game no different to others". It was bloody awful, one of the worst games of the season, for any team TBH.

But it's not as if we set the world alight on Wednesday either, though we were certainly better than today and we weren't fighting against a Real that was firing on all cylinders, is it?

I just don't get the "shock", that's all.
tonyeh

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion