MIDDLESBROUGH VS LIVERPOOL - Lets get back into the title race.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tonyeh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
NANNY RED wrote::laugh: :censored:nin hell tony you was watching the mancs :laugh: why didnt you say that in the first place

They're all the feckin same to me Nan...bloody foreigners!

just kiddin'    :rasp

Que MR Carlsberg :laugh:

did it not occur to you that we actualy made them look ordinary.I sound like a brief here

God stike me down dead your honour its the truth we made Madrid look sh.ite
:nod

Nah, not really Nan. I think they made themselves look crap and we rightly capitlised on that.

A good result though, even if only piss off Robben who said we "do not play good football" and I expect us to go through with no worries.
tonyeh

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:06 pm

The problem has never been containing the opposition, the problem is when we need to create and win games.

Ask us to sit back, not worry too much about scoring and be happy with a 0-0 and we are as good as any team. Ask us to go out and win a game from the off and create chances and we are third rate. We have too many workers and not enough creative players, until the balance is better we will continue to have perplexing results like Wednesday and today. 

Although I have to admit we didn't look like we were interested today for some reason.

We are a team that makes few mistakes, makes safe passes and takes few risks. We need a few more players willing to make things happen and less players happy to pass on the responsibility to someone else.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Ive just had a look at the stats on my chalk board

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:29 pm

s@int wrote:The problem has never been containing the opposition, the problem is when we need to create and win games.

Ask us to sit back, not worry too much about scoring and be happy with a 0-0 and we are as good as any team. Ask us to go out and win a game from the off and create chances and we are third rate. We have too many workers and not enough creative players, until the balance is better we will continue to have perplexing results like Wednesday and today. 

Although I have to admit we didn't look like we were interested today for some reason.

We are a team that makes few mistakes, makes safe passes and takes few risks. We need a few more players willing to make things happen and less players happy to pass on the responsibility to someone else.

We need more quality, we have now players to be second or third in the league, but we cannot compete with the teams that win 8 consecutive games.

We win 2 games and 1 draw, 2 wins and draw. Nothing to do with the manager, tactics, ect... Lack of quality, the same tactics with better players is totally different.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:32 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Ive just had a look at the stats on my chalk board

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create

If you want the stats Nanny just look in Badbobs thread, he puts them up after every game.
account deleted by request

Postby JC_81 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:49 pm

s@int wrote:Although I have to admit we didn't look like we were interested today for some reason.

We weren't.  The players knew we were fooked in the league even before today's result.  The focus has completely shifted since the Madrid result.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:25 am

At the beginning of the season Fergienose took a swipe at Chelsea saying they were too old.

In REALITY Liverpool, Chelsea nor Arsenal have challenged Ure this season.

If Fergie had been told 'just turn up' and the league is yours within Ferbruary he would have called you a nutter.

This has been his easiest league by far.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:09 am

We created enough chances to win, missed them.  Team selection isn't that big of a deal, finishing is.
SupitsJonF

Postby Salty Sock » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:19 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY :(
This is doom.. help us please :(
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby Madmax » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:51 am

Watched the highlight of the match on match of the day and have to agree with alan hansen.. Skertl position in the match was rediculous the guy played poor. Also many here said keane is shyte for missing soo many sitters.. Kuyt did the same in this match.. poor striker...

Well title is all over only plus sign this season for me in the league so far have been the victory over mannure and double against chelsea..
I dont want this season to end up another without a trophy so really would like to win the champs league now...
Have to admit if we had finished many of our rued chances how different could have things been!!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:09 am

zarababe wrote:Shouldn't new members pass a Liverpool FC knowledge test, before they can post on here - we've got too many sh8t stirers on here already.. without these WUMS

:no , there should be rosey red tinted specs for some as well
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:22 am

john craig wrote:
s@int wrote:Although I have to admit we didn't look like we were interested today for some reason.

We weren't.  The players knew we were fooked in the league even before today's result.  The focus has completely shifted since the Madrid result.

So, you are saying Liverpool has given up hope on the championship and rather focusing on the other cup??
:(
It would be sad..
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby milou » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:16 am

Reg wrote:At the beginning of the season Fergienose took a swipe at Chelsea saying they were too old.

In REALITY Liverpool, Chelsea nor Arsenal have challenged Ure this season.

If Fergie had been told 'just turn up' and the league is yours within Ferbruary he would have called you a nutter.

This has been his easiest league by far.

I can't really agree this is manu utd's easiet league.. it looks easy at this stage but they did a lot of work to get back into it after a bad start.. it wasn't pretty for them by all accounts but they kept grinding out 1-0 and that is the difference between them and us. it is 2 years running now.. so fcuking frustrating that they almost ALWAYS recover no matter how bad their start is!.

it also didn;t help that we chose to play so badly and consistently against bottom club.. i have lost track of how many points we dropped against smaller teams.

and dun let me start on our bad luck with injury. this maybe the ONLY season we needed our key players to stay fit (gerrrad and torres esp) but they "chose" to keep injuring themselves again and again. we couldn't even build any kind of momentum like previous years when we normally went on a good run after jan.

But we didn't lose the title yesterday bcos it isn;t realistic to expect to win everything on the road. with 2 defeats, I believe we still have the best away record in the league (better than even Man Utd). We lost the title with our poor home form (2 years running too).

it is well and truly gone now. i am fcuking gutted.
milou

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:11 am

Sabre wrote: :devil:

I knew it.....finally you come out of the closet....you manure supporter....  :angry:   :wwww
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:59 am

Accept things the way they are, it becomes less painful each day. Thats what I have resigned meself to im afraid, I would usually be drowning me sorrors and crying into the bottle and causing murder on here.

Not anymore.............
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion