MIDDLESBROUGH VS LIVERPOOL - Lets get back into the title race.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:00 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Rafa's crazy rant at fergie has cost us , he opened his mouth and we've been in a bliiiiiiiiippp ever since , giving up our points lead

Do you think that it costs us more than Gerrard not being available and Torres not being available Toffeehater?

I don't think so to be honest.

I don't think any words from Rafa to the press has more importance than how we train, how good we are in squad depth (this is down to Rafa) and how we play and who we miss.

Mate , the difference between us and the mancs is they don't depend on 2 players , our play is built around torres and gerrard whereas the mancs pass the ball around and they loads of players who can get goals for them , vidic , ronaldo , rooney heck even fletcher .

Rafa has got to change his mentality , there are times where we are attacking but we pass the all the way back to the defense , i ahve rarely seen the mancs , chavs or arsenal do that

It's not Rafas style and wasnt at Valencia so why should he change? We brought him in so we were obviously saying yeah we like your style come to us.

Diversity , if yout style does not work anymore and the opponent learns it don't you have to change your tactics? It's generally the law of the jungle , rafa only has one style . Rotation does not work and he keeps persisting with it , if we get another champions league title , well done rafa even that i doubt it

It dosnt work for us but it does work.

Dont other top teams rotate look the facts up all the big teams rotate.

The mancs , arsenal and chelsea , barca play pretty much the same side every weak , when they have the lead they take off the better players and give them rest . For rafa its different last season he left torres on the bench a couple of time and results didn't go our away , games where he could have influenced the outcome of the game . This season i thought he had stopped as he played his strongest team for the first 10 or so games than he went back to styling ala rotating , which never works
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Effes wrote:
RedBen wrote:So I suppose this means:

Reina

Carra      Hyypia       Skrtel      Aurelio

Alonso       Masch

Gerrard

El Zhar                              Babel

Kuyt

Rafa does it again, no Benayoun?

Babel in for Riera?

He's pushing it is Rafa

I was chokka in work, so before I have a rant.

Is this the formation we played?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:02 pm

We are almost at march and the primary contender for the premiership has no striker ! this is an unbelievable fact - Torres is out we are done - if this isn't a massive failure by our commander and chief i have no idea what is - if at this stage our best chance for winning a game i with players as N'gong ,Lucs ,Babel ,Skertel as RB ,El-Zahar then sorry mate we have no standing chance in hell - on the one hand it is amazing that with the limited talent we have in our squad we are where we are on the other hand it is Rafa responsibilty for having such a diluted and unimaginative players - We had Crouch and Veronin why was it that urgent to get rid of them? We aren't the richest club in England but we had enough to bring much more quality players - how come we have the only Argentinians and Brazilians which can't handle the ball? Where is our Academy players? nothing.

Depressing sitution - starting the season i didn't think for a minute we can win the premiership - unfortunetly so does our coach if he did he would have made some crucial changes in January.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:03 pm

There does seem to be aload of fans that want rafa out im just wondering why i havent seen any anti rafa banners or heard any anti rafa songs at the match.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:04 pm

:censored: it then lets just sack Rafa and get rid of all the :censored: players shall we. :angry:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:04 pm

Hail Rafael Benitez!......the man who handed the mancs their 18th league title!.....thanks to his poor selections, negative approach to games...and the ability to grasp that players like lucas, babel, kuyt, dossena,Ngog, El nashire, are just not good enough. :no
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:04 pm

murphy0151 wrote:There does seem to be aload of fans that want rafa out im just wondering why i havent seen any anti rafa banners or heard any anti rafa songs at the match.

Because we're not Chelsea.
tonyeh

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:04 pm

murphy0151 wrote:There does seem to be aload of fans that want rafa out im just wondering why i havent seen any anti rafa banners or heard any anti rafa songs at the match.

Lets see what those section of the fans think when we get Sam Allerdyce or Klinsman in.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:05 pm

Because there all on here. :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:05 pm

Back to the match....how shyte was Babel today? :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:05 pm

zarababe wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:FFS, if you love the club so much why dont you have the tv and radio on during the sports shows???

here is a tip, Radio five live monday nights from 7pm.

Yer because radio phone ins are great arnt they Lakes? When was anything good ever said about us on the radio? may 2005 would be my guess, its just full of Rafa, Liverpool hating @rseholes thats why I will be watching Dancing on Ice tonight and Friday the 13th.

they are not phone ins on monday night , they have Kenny on there sometimes and j barns with Stan Collymore.

Yeh Lakes we're only topic of conversation when we lose. otherwise they don't talk about us..

again you show you done have a clue.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:06 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

Because there all on here. :nod

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:07 pm

murphy0151 wrote:There does seem to be aload of fans that want rafa out im just wondering why i havent seen any anti rafa banners or heard and anti rafa songs at the match.

You mean that the attitude against adversity of posters here and Liverpool supporters attitude in the pitch are completely different?

Yes, I'd agree that.

I'll leave the question of why for someone else, though.

Back to the match,

Effes: The difference between that initial formation and the one we played was Skrtel on RB who was a mess, we could see Carra dispaired because Skrtel came in too close when he shoud separate to give space to Carra. A lot of bad situations like that today, with no coordination.

I can't defend today's team selection. I can't defend it because it didn't work, unlike against Pompey. You were right to post your initial doubts in this case.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:08 pm

bavlondon wrote:Back to the match....how shyte was Babel today? :D

As :censored: as the rest of em'. :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:08 pm

tonyeh wrote:

Because we're not Chelsea.

Becasue where not chelsea but with Houllier it never happened no?  It did mate i witnessed it with me own eyes.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion