Gerrard admits end of title race - on advice of power crazy Mods

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:03 pm

I would like a manager who trusted his players on the ball, who believed the long ball was the last option. its a simple game.

Roy Evans had the last LFC team that played consistently good football - probably the only manager in my lifetime that undisputably left the club in a better position than when he took over. Roy deserves a bit more respect.

Martin Jol should be barred from the city of Liverpool just incase anybody is daft enough to take the suggestion seriously. Spurs underachieved despite a fair amount of spending.

I agree Jose plays long ball too but at least he wins playing it. Ideally I'd love a manager who played good football, winning leagues, within a budget. Van Gaal could do that a decade ago at ajax but seems to have lost it since.

I wouldn't mind a few of those Ajax trainers at LFC to teach the youngsters how to be comfortable on the ball, I think very few British players are which is why I've never seen a good international team from Britain or Ireland.

Benitez is like GH in that he wants to control exactly what the players do out there
Last edited by Big Niall on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion