LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA (PART 2) - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rafasredmen » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:06 pm

I feel sick i'm that :censored:*n disappointed,Rafa needs to have a good long look at this game and play a system that suits the players not try to fit the players into his system.4-5-1 just isn't working.
rafasredmen

Postby xd3vilx » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:06 pm

drummerphil wrote:I think this get rid of the manager talk is the most stupid thing i,ve heard on here ever.Face it we are too light weight for the premiership.I just hope this dosnt deck our confidence now,not just in the league but europe also.
Rafa needs to look at the tactics and the players he picks for certain games.RAFA my son when it comes to english football you have a lot to learn........PLEASE PLEASE Let this be a shake up

agree with u...if many chairman has the same opinion as those of them...many manager would be sack by now...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:06 pm

mikopool wrote:Rafa is not the problem, all the talk of us dusting off Chelsea on Wednesday got to our heads and the lads put in a half assed effort, we got called on it and got destroyed, that is the only way to justify this result, its a reality check, and now we will come back harder.

rafa is the problem, he picks the formation, he picks the team, no one else, some one tell me why didnt he stick to the same line up and formation as last wednesday?

mikopool i agree with that todays match is a reality check i hope to god that we come back harder because if we dont we wont even finish in the top six and qualify for europe in any shape or form.

im gutted
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby mikopool » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:07 pm

REDS DOWN BUT NOT OUT
Liverpool's unbeaten start to the season has come to an end after goals from Frank Lampard, Damien Duff, Joe Cole and Geremi gave Chelsea a flattering 4-1 win at Anfield in the Premiership today.

Read it yourself, DOWN BUT NOT OUT,

put this into perspective, if we spent the same amount of money as Chelsea did, we would have the right winger we wanted, the defender we wanted, hell, 3 of them, and we would have beaten Chelsea, but no, we spent a fraction, and will build to be a better club in years to come.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:08 pm

drummerphil wrote:This puts the birmingham,tottenham,middlesbrough results etc etc into prospective .We are a million miles away.We cant keep playing this system.In league terms we look no better  than the Aston Villas,Birminghams and yes Wigans of the world

have to agree...4-5-1 will never suit us with the players at our disposal. We have most of our strikers available but why still play negatively? They expose Riise and Troare at will and our forward line lack bite (to put it mildly)
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:08 pm

i think all parties are responsible for today i do not have rose tinted glasses and do not care for (it's not blah blahs fault) Everybady has a part to play and evrybody has responsibilities for today shambles.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:09 pm

Defensive mistakes cost us the game.
Now i agree we should not blow all our transfer budget on a right winger, i expect to see a young central defender to partner carragher soon.
This is frustrating.
Houllier=LFC

Postby mikopool » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:09 pm

Red wrote:
mikopool wrote:Rafa is not the problem, all the talk of us dusting off Chelsea on Wednesday got to our heads and the lads put in a half assed effort, we got called on it and got destroyed, that is the only way to justify this result, its a reality check, and now we will come back harder.

rafa is the problem, he picks the formation, he picks the team, no one else, some one tell me why didnt he stick to the same line up and formation as last wednesday?

mikopool i agree with that todays match is a reality check i hope to god that we come back harder because if we dont we wont even finish in the top six and qualify for europe in any shape or form.

im gutted

Fair enough, but I don't think there is ANY formation we could have picked to make up for over confidence and a lack of effort, in my opinion. Gerrard was the only one chasing balls after 70 minutes, and that says alot.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby JohnBull » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:09 pm

Suckers !!!! Don't need to say anymore
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:10 pm

oh well off to kick hell out of next doors cat see you later
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:11 pm

PinkPantha wrote:
Red wrote:the thing that p1sses me off is how any manager whos looking to challenge for the prem title can pick crouch over cisse, crouch is good in the air thats it, crouch way to slow has no composure, cisse on the other hand even with his confidence knocked to sh1t would have been more of a threat up on his own and thats just with his pace, i feel sorry for carragher,

Exactly that, Crouch is horrible. There's no question in my mind that he shouldn't even be in the Premiership.

have to disagree with you there. I think that Crouch is a player who is continually shining in each game he plays in. Sure, he may not be setting the stadium alight with glorious displays of skill, but he doesn't disappear throughout the game and keeps battling throughout. When he finally gets someone to link up with him, things will change.
Homebooby

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:12 pm

Exactly that, Crouch is horrible. There's no question in my mind that he shouldn't even be in the Premiership

i'm sorry but that's bullsh*t.  Crouch was one of the hardest working players out there.  He caused all sorts of problems but he's one his own.  What's the point of Crouch winning a header when there is noone to head the ball to?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:14 pm

I agree Crouch is one of our more consistent players so far, hes got a good first touch of the ball. We need to seriously consider other options of using him besides just pumping high balls to him without much support.
Houllier=LFC

Postby mistyred » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:15 pm

I think from what i have seen that crouch is a great player his footwork on the ground is top notch the man has skill but he cannot do it alone his vision deserves more than that.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:16 pm

Theyre just too good. They came with a statement and boy did they make it. The class of the players they had showed today while we looked clueless going forward trying to break them down. The system isnt working obviously and id drop garcia down the nearest well. Hopefully we can learn from this and come back stronger but im just gutted. Did anyone else get the impression a lot of our player were hiding today? (With the exception of carra and alonso)
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion