-IF- Brendan Rodgers were to get the push

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:58 pm

I can't understand why FSG are so against the idea of getting Klopp, Ancelotti has pretty much always worked at clubs with very deep pockets (Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, AC Milan etc) where as Klopp had to work on a comparative shoestring at Dortmund. Surely Klopp would be a better fit for us given that there are at least 4 clubs in this division with bigger wage bills and more resources than us.
Ancelotti broke the British transfer record when he signed Torres for Chelsea and the world transfer record when he signed Bale for Madrid, he won't be signing 2 players for £150m here that here that's for sure.
FSG need to sort themselves out, they missed on Benitez when he was available now it looks like we are going to miss out on Klopp, no wonder the club is in a mess.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Didn't Klopp do with BD what Rafa did with Valencia? I am not taking anything away from those fantastic achievements but isn't it true to say that both of those leagues are vastly different to the Premiership and many foreign managers have found life very difficult trying to bring home a title.Klopp's last season was vey poor and if he had produced that performance at Liverpool most supporters would want him sacked !! SUCH IS FOOTBALL !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Who would we go for then begs the questions. We opted for european experience we snapped Rafa who couldn't  take us to the next level. Then we opted for a legendary charismatic figure, the king, who struggled. Also not to mentin the out of depth shlums BR and RH.
Klopp does seem to be very similar to Rafa. I feel him or Ancelotti will get the tean workinv and possiblt back into champs league however taking us on a title challenging level consistently i dont no.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:14 pm

I'm praying its a given this man is a distant memory come Saturday ,and FSG have the stones to court a manager that will reflect the passion of the fans.
Its all well and good leading with the definition of support /supporters and what their job is seen to entail ,but to support a cause unequivocally you have
to be a strong advocate of where its heading and hold the strength of conviction to force those beliefs.

I mean there has to come a time when you question those ideals ,and consider your faith that was once 'unshakeable' is now degenerative to the cause, I 
honestly believe that continuing to provide 'any' defence for this man is detrimental to this once great institution.

If Klopp isn't coming then there are plenty of managers out there who will get us playing again ,my personal preference would be  Unai Emery the mans teams play expressive ,and expansive football and he's led Sevilla to the Champions League by winning the Europa ,he also said this : "English clubs shouldn't turn their nose up at the Europa League... to win something and share it with the fans is the best feeling in the world "

FSG should be doing all they can to turn this mans head before the likes of Barcelona jump in ,if he hasn't already been earmarked that is !
Well that's my choice ,but whoever comes ,fans know the current manager is no longer relevant.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:27 pm

devaney » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:Didn't Klopp do with BD what Rafa did with Valencia? I am not taking anything away from those fantastic achievements but isn't it true to say that both of those leagues are vastly different to the Premiership and many foreign managers have found life very difficult trying to bring home a title.Klopp's last season was vey poor and if he had produced that performance at Liverpool most supporters would want him sacked !! SUCH IS FOOTBALL !!

OK so who is the manager out there that possess all the attributes to win the P?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:27 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:27 pm wrote:
devaney » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:Didn't Klopp do with BD what Rafa did with Valencia? I am not taking anything away from those fantastic achievements but isn't it true to say that both of those leagues are vastly different to the Premiership and many foreign managers have found life very difficult trying to bring home a title.Klopp's last season was vey poor and if he had produced that performance at Liverpool most supporters would want him sacked !! SUCH IS FOOTBALL !!

OK so who is the manager out there that possess all the attributes to win the PL?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:42 pm

redshade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:37 pm wrote:Who would we go for then begs the questions. We opted for european experience we snapped Rafa who couldn't  take us to the next level. Then we opted for a legendary charismatic figure, the king, who struggled. Also not to mentin the out of depth shlums BR and RH.
Klopp does seem to be very similar to Rafa. I feel him or Ancelotti will get the tean workinv and possiblt back into champs league however taking us on a title challenging level consistently i dont no.

How can you suggest that Rafa didn't take us to the next level?
OK so we haven't won the league. In all honesty who really cares IF the reality of recruiting a top notch means that we are competing for the CL and who knows even win it again one day soon?
My point is. The ol' sentiment of 'Bread and Butter' is a past that haunts, stalls and cripples this great club. RAFA came and made us European Champions, the mans ability and knowledge of European football was way ahead of its time and if he was left alone to increase his knowledge LFC would have had at least one more CL to our name. But what happened?
We changed him from the very reason we got him into a prem chasing, ranting fool!
RAFA was the real deal a man ahead of his time. LFC failed to move with the times. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City would kill for what we have achieved in Europe and RAFA would have kept us there IF we hadn't have changed him. Just take a look at where the money is in Football. We whinge that we have less resources to compete, yet we were the ones who said "Winning Europe is nice but it's our bread & Butter that counts."
Time moves forward and as a set of fans we have to move forward too, otherwise we will just cripple every single manager that comes here and we'll be like Newcastle...
A bunch of all talk and no action fools!
What would Shankly really think in today's world of Football? We will never know... But one thing is sure; Shankly moved LFC forward and never looked back.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:44 pm

I understand that there is a press conference scheduled for tomorrow (not sure if it is just a norm pre-aston villa conference or something more worthwhile for us  :wwww ).

Hopefully our nightmare with david brent ends soon.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:53 pm

devaney » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:30 pm wrote:Didn't Klopp do with BD what Rafa did with Valencia? I am not taking anything away from those fantastic achievements but isn't it true to say that both of those leagues are vastly different to the Premiership and many foreign managers have found life very difficult trying to bring home a title.Klopp's last season was vey poor and if he had produced that performance at Liverpool most supporters would want him sacked !! SUCH IS FOOTBALL !!

Klopp's problem was that his main rival (Bayern) kept on poaching his best players, even so he still managed to win the German title twice and get to a CL final beating the likes of City and Real Madrid along the way.
He has probably spent about a third of what Brendan has here but still managed to put together a team that included the likes of Gotze, Reuss, Bender, Hummels, Gundogan, Subotic, Lewanowski etc etc
That's my point mate, Klopp is used to managing the underdog and getting teams to punch above their weight, Carlo is a top manager and a top bloke but it might be a bit of a culture shock for him when he finds out he only has about a £25m nett spend.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:53 pm wrote:
devaney » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:30 pm wrote:Didn't Klopp do with BD what Rafa did with Valencia? I am not taking anything away from those fantastic achievements but isn't it true to say that both of those leagues are vastly different to the Premiership and many foreign managers have found life very difficult trying to bring home a title.Klopp's last season was vey poor and if he had produced that performance at Liverpool most supporters would want him sacked !! SUCH IS FOOTBALL !!

Klopp's problem was that his main rival (Bayern) kept on poaching his best players, even so he still managed to win the German title twice and get to a CL final beating the likes of City and Real Madrid along the way.
He has probably spent about a third of what Brendan has here but still managed to put together a team that included the likes of Gotze, Reuss, Bender, Hummels, Gundogan, Subotic, Lewanowski etc etc
That's my point mate, Klopp is used to managing the underdog and getting teams to punch above their weight, Carlo is a top manager and a top bloke but it might be a bit of a culture shock for him when he finds out he only has about a £25m nett spend.

^^^^ Exactly the post I wanted to write!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:22 pm

How about Ancelotti as caretaker manager until FSG find their new man? (Someone to steady the ship and offer a massive performance based cheque for 4th place or higher.)
As we know, the Italian doesn't stay at any club for long periods.
Thoughts...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:54 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:01 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:53 pm wrote:

^^^^ Exactly the post I wanted to write!

Yep great post. Would also look to the likes of Emeri from Sevilla (which are in the krapper right now maybe they will agree to a switch :) )
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:10 pm

We will know tomorrow if he gives the pre-match presser or not.
This could be just a smokescreen put out there to appease the fans while behind the scenes they hope we put together a few wins. That Beecroft lad said the Board was split so maybe they contacted ancellotti to see if he would hold brendans hand. He also said that they weren't interested in klopp so that makes me think they don't want to get rid of rodgers because he would be in a lfc trackie by the morning if asked.
I hope I am wrong but I just can't see them sacking him before saturday..

Klopp as manager and ancellotti as DOF would be ideal  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:14 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Klopp would be the sexy signing but Ancelotti gives that experience and safe pair of hands. Being a man who likes the maverick I would plumb for Klopp.

Trouble witb FSG though is they dont really hire managers in a traditional way and it could boil down to interviews and power point presentations rather than them actually head hunting anyone.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion