-IF- Brendan Rodgers were to get the push

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:50 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:42 pm wrote:
redshade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:37 pm wrote:Who would we go for then begs the questions. We opted for european experience we snapped Rafa who couldn't  take us to the next level. Then we opted for a legendary charismatic figure, the king, who struggled. Also not to mentin the out of depth shlums BR and RH.
Klopp does seem to be very similar to Rafa. I feel him or Ancelotti will get the tean workinv and possiblt back into champs league however taking us on a title challenging level consistently i dont no.

How can you suggest that Rafa didn't take us to the next level?
OK so we haven't won the league. In all honesty who really cares IF the reality of recruiting a top notch means that we are competing for the CL and who knows even win it again one day soon?
My point is. The ol' sentiment of 'Bread and Butter' is a past that haunts, stalls and cripples this great club. RAFA came and made us European Champions, the mans ability and knowledge of European football was way ahead of its time and if he was left alone to increase his knowledge LFC would have had at least one more CL to our name. But what happened?
We changed him from the very reason we got him into a prem chasing, ranting fool!
RAFA was the real deal a man ahead of his time. LFC failed to move with the times. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City would kill for what we have achieved in Europe and RAFA would have kept us there IF we hadn't have changed him. Just take a look at where the money is in Football. We whinge that we have less resources to compete, yet we were the ones who said "Winning Europe is nice but it's our bread & Butter that counts."
Time moves forward and as a set of fans we have to move forward too, otherwise we will just cripple every single manager that comes here and we'll be like Newcastle...
A bunch of all talk and no action fools!
What would Shankly really think in today's world of Football? We will never know... But one thing is sure; Shankly moved LFC forward and never looked back.

I agree Rafa made us into a force in Europe a stage where we were out of this world at times. Also he did get us consistently in Europe aswel. So yes we were on the way to another level.
His last season we finished 7th and took a step back. Who knows maybe with better owners thing could have been better.
Imo the demise was inability to replace Alonso which destroyed his system.

However i do agree if rafa was still here we would've deffinetely been in a better position than now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:46 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:53 pm wrote:
devaney » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:30 pm wrote:Didn't Klopp do with BD what Rafa did with Valencia? I am not taking anything away from those fantastic achievements but isn't it true to say that both of those leagues are vastly different to the Premiership and many foreign managers have found life very difficult trying to bring home a title.Klopp's last season was vey poor and if he had produced that performance at Liverpool most supporters would want him sacked !! SUCH IS FOOTBALL !!

Klopp's problem was that his main rival (Bayern) kept on poaching his best players, even so he still managed to win the German title twice and get to a CL final beating the likes of City and Real Madrid along the way.
He has probably spent about a third of what Brendan has here but still managed to put together a team that included the likes of Gotze, Reuss, Bender, Hummels, Gundogan, Subotic, Lewanowski etc etc
That's my point mate, Klopp is used to managing the underdog and getting teams to punch above their weight, Carlo is a top manager and a top bloke but it might be a bit of a culture shock for him when he finds out he only has about a £25m nett spend.

My preference would be Klopp as well, mostly because of reasons that you have already stated; Klopp knows how to play the underdog and that's good for us since we are exactly that. However, I disagree that Ancelotti has always managed the favorites who had unlimited funds. After his famous team of 2004-05 (you know who they are :D), Milan lost a lot of their top players (and failed to replace them), including Shevchenko, Crespo, Staam, while the rest of them were either retired or nearing retirement (Cafu, Maldini, Dida etc.). Their squad in the 2007 UCL final was almost as big of a joke as ours was in 2005, with players like Oddo, Jankulovski and Ambrosini (not bad players but nowhere near as good as what other teams had). Had it not been for Ancelotti (and Kaka) they wouldn't have passed the group stages. Although Klopp is still the better option for the underdog, Ancelotti isn't so unfamiliar with that department either. However, I think Carlo would have been a better option BEFORE the transfer window, but right now I think Klopp would do better with players that aren't his own. I also love the passion about him, something that we're desperately missing.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:30 am

If we appointed Ancelotti the owners would know within 12 months what it would take and cost to put Liverpool back at the top, he's a top man. Klopp, like BR is another compromise candidate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:24 am

Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:30 am wrote:If we appointed Ancelotti the owners would know within 12 months what it would take and cost to put Liverpool back at the top, he's a top man. Klopp, like BR is another compromise candidate.

I think you make a perfect point here, Ancelotti would certainly be the man to make a proper assesment of what is needed at the club

I don't think we can read anything into the press conference being moved (from 2.30pm) to 9.30am this morning, just coincidence, i would be amazed if anything happens today

I think if we fail  to beat Villa on  saturday then action will be taken, i can see Gary Mac taking the reins temporarily until FSG can sort themselves out, but of course this is all just 5am conjecture on my part
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:58 am

Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:30 am wrote:If we appointed Ancelotti the owners would know within 12 months what it would take and cost to put Liverpool back at the top, he's a top man. Klopp, like BR is another compromise candidate.

Compromise candidate? One of the brightest managers of the last decade ,a manager which reinvented a whole team and brought it titles and exciting football ,a manager which promoted and signed the best footballers in Germany all under a sane budge is compromise??? What else does a man needs to do to get recognized here?

Ancelotti would be a much bigger gamble if you ask me as he isn't a team building type of a manager. He is a football stars manager.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:16 am

If Rodgers goes my preference would be Ancellotti to come in as boss. Someone with a proven track record a the highest level. I'd also like the assistant to be someone with good knowledge of the club who could be seen as a future boss and learn the ropes under Ancelotti, much like how the scum seem to be grooming Giggs to be their next boss. I'd like Carragher to be that person, but tempting him away from sky may not be straight forward, especially if it's not for the top job.

I'm still not convinced FSG will act this side of Christmas, but nothing surprises me in football.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:36 am

only me » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:58 pm wrote:
Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:30 am wrote:If we appointed Ancelotti the owners would know within 12 months what it would take and cost to put Liverpool back at the top, he's a top man. Klopp, like BR is another compromise candidate.

Compromise candidate? One of the brightest managers of the last decade ,a manager which reinvented a whole team and brought it titles and exciting football ,a manager which promoted and signed the best footballers in Germany all under a sane budge is compromise??? What else does a man needs to do to get recognized here?

Ancelotti would be a much bigger gamble if you ask me as he isn't a team building type of a manager. He is a football stars manager.

Klopp is a great manager for someone like Spurs, but we're not Spurs. RM, ManU, Barca, Bayern wouldn't appoint him, we all have a bigger agenda. Klopp's team were found out in his last season losing 14 of their 34 games with a +5 goal difference. They spent 10 weeks mid-season in the relegation zone, mainly 17th-18th (last) then did a Liverpool special and won 7 out of their last 15 games to claw their way into the last UEFA cup spot.

If he's so darn good why does he have to go public to say he's available, why not have a quiet word with him agent to call LFC. No one's called him that's why. Name another top manager who's had to announce in the press he's available.
Ancelotti with his training team, knowledge of europe, of winning leagues and cups..... yes please. Brendan Rodger's half German brother, not thanks.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:39 am

Anchelotti has experience and has won in Spain, Italy and ENGLAND

He is a European power house of a manager, whos been there and done almost the lot.

I do love the pure passion of Klopp and he seems like a top bloke.  However he's only really managed in Germany.  Yes, he was reletively successful in Germany, but there are still question marks about his managerial abilities.

Did he get lucky with the likes of Lewondowski , Gotze, Reus, Hummels, Gungogan etc  coming through at the same time ? He (like us) lost his players for massve sums and failed to replace them and in turn, finished 7th or what ever it was.

I don't want to get 3/4 years down the road and end up in exactly the same boat we're in now.
Kopite-Jud

Postby only me » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:15 am

Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:36 am wrote:
only me » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:58 pm wrote:

Klopp is a great manager for someone like Spurs, but we're not Spurs. RM, ManU, Barca, Bayern wouldn't appoint him, we all have a bigger agenda. Klopp's team were found out in his last season losing 14 of their 34 games with a +5 goal difference. They spent 10 weeks mid-season in the relegation zone, mainly 17th-18th (last) then did a Liverpool special and won 7 out of their last 15 games to claw their way into the last UEFA cup spot.

If he's so darn good why does he have to go public to say he's available, why not have a quiet word with him agent to call LFC. No one's called him that's why. Name another top manager who's had to announce in the press he's available.
Ancelotti with his training team, knowledge of europe, of winning leagues and cups..... yes please. Brendan Rodger's half German brother, not thanks.

If he is darn good? Brendans half German brother? Do you even believe what you are saying? His team played the best football in Europe ,2nd only to Barca ,and you minimize his accomplishment as if he was a manager of a team from Albania...Dortmund under his management became one of the strongest team's in Europe ,even after his mediocre last year the foundation he laid their would carry this team for the next 5 years at least. As to any PR campeigns going on it takes nothing from his PROVEN success ,i just can't believe you and others regard him as similair to an ex-swansea manager.

Ancelotti doesn't fit Liverpool at our current stage. It has been years since he took a mediocre team and built it to a power house ,we need someone which did it and would embrace this challenge.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:25 am

Kopite-Jud » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:39 pm wrote:I don't want to get 3/4 years down the road and end up in exactly the same boat we're in now.

Fazakerly.

How many rolls of the financial dice do we have left? We can't afford another mistake so we have to go for the best, but also known quality.

Only-me, ^^ this is why I wouldn't go with Klopp, he's not sufficiently proven, he's more like Rodgers than he is say Ancelotti.
Ancelotti is the polished item, Klopp is another BR, AVB unproven young pretender. Too risky if you ask me, spend another 150 million over 3 seasons, we're no better off and we're buggered.  No thanks.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:32 am

I have to agree with Reg, Ancelloti is the smarter choice for us with a proven track record including the EPL, however that said i would take Klopp over the current manager
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:33 am

Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:25 am wrote:
Kopite-Jud » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:39 pm wrote:I don't want to get 3/4 years down the road and end up in exactly the same boat we're in now.

Fazakerly.

How many rolls of the financial dice do we have left? We can't afford another mistake so we have to go for the best, but also known quality.

Only-me, ^^ this is why I wouldn't go with Klopp, he's not sufficiently proven, he's more like Rodgers than he is say Ancelotti.
Ancelotti is the polished item, Klopp is another BR, AVB unproven young pretender. Too risky if you ask me, spend another 150 million over 3 seasons, we're no better off and we're buggered.  No thanks.

:laugh: Champion of Germany ,CL runner up and constant competitor isn't sufficiently proven? Ancelotti is a great manager but he is over the hill fitting only those big fat clubs which are willing to pay 60-100m a player ,LFC isn't that club. Set your expectations accordingly mate.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:40 am

Press Conference now...

Direct quotes from manager...

In terms of names linked, when manager of club this size there is always going to be speculation, especially when not winning.

I have regular contact with owners & that relationship strong.No matter how much longer I'm here, I'll have huge respect for them. Whether I am here for one day more, one month, one year, I will always have huge respect for the owners here

The pressure is huge but I embrace that challenge. I respect that we need to get results. One win and we're back around top 4.

I'm a much better manager (than the one that arrived here three years ago) but I know I need to get results.

We've created that expectancy here because of how we've worked. How do I block it out? I focus very much on the team.

I'd ask the fans to keep faith with the team. To stay with the team who are working tirelessly every day.

No matter what league a team is from, when they defend like Carlisle did it can be very difficult to break down

I hope to be a manager for 20 years but I respect that that 20 years probably won't be here at Liverpool.

I'm never complacent enough to think my job has never been (in danger).At a club of this stature,you always need to be at your best

Experiences make you better as a manager. To manage the focus and scrutiny here has been fantastic. I've loved every minute of it.

I want to be here for a long period. I'll prepare my team to prepare exciting dynamic football. (what utter bull)
Last edited by C-R on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:44 am

only me » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:33 pm wrote:
Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:25 am wrote:

Fazakerly.

:laugh: Champion of Germany ,CL runner up and constant competitor isn't sufficiently proven? Ancelotti is a great manager but he is over the hill fitting only those big fat clubs which are willing to pay 60-100m a player ,LFC isn't that club. Set your expectations accordingly mate.

Ye4p and then 10 weeks in the relegation zone. Whoooopsie... no thanks... BR's trying to emulate him now.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:48 am

C-R » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:40 pm wrote:No matter what league a team is from, when they defend like Carlisle did it can be very difficult to break down

They broke them down with 52 attempts on goal didn't they?   Wtf?   He's bullsh!tting again!  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion