-IF- Brendan Rodgers were to get the push

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:24 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:44 am wrote:If he wins his next 3 he ain't going anywhere  :no

Pretty big if mate. I thought "it'll be just our luck to win the next three". Then I realised just how messed up that thought is. I simply can't stand the thought of him being in charge any longer. He's been massively humbled and suddenly his press handling has become a bit more honest and low-key. I actually start to feel sorry for him. The problem is that he's so headstrong and confident that he caged himself by not allowing further growth. He knew it all at 38. I'm 38 and the world constantly baffles me. I've always believed that if you stop learning, you stop growing, and I reckon that is Rodgers main downfall. I remember him making some gloating and sarcastic comment to criticise those that thought he needed a defensive coach after he won a match. It's things like that. I hate it. It was so cliquey, those around him chuckling along as he patted himself on the back before the press. It was that moment mostly that made me realise he wasn't one of us. Many, many supporters believed we needed a defensive coach so he was basically mocking us. He doesn't belong.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:53 pm

There's an article out that explains in depth the nature of how FSG have worked in the past (perhaps someone here knows how to find it).
Anyway the article explains how FSG chose a young charismatic person to be their first coach of the Red Sox.
Upon sacking him they appointed an older more experienced coach with a proven record...

Don't be too surprised if FSG opt for a more older wiser manager like Carlo Ancelotti and back him financially under an alternative business plan to how they backed BR. That being said, FSG offered less time to the more experienced coach to get things right, as their expectations of success changed.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:10 pm

aCe' » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:01 am wrote:
Not sure that's entirely accurate. We can attract the big names and have the finances to do so. A big name manager like Ancelotti will add to the appeal of the club imo. Additionally, Ancelotti's main strength is his ability to get the best out of the players he has. He does go out and improve his sides with world class talent and that for me is the first thing we need to look at when considering any managerial candidates. He wont go out and over-complicate things like BR does with 3 different formations a game and players out of position, etc. He's a straightforward top manager who sets his formation based on his best players and seems humble enough to change things around when his decisions dont get results. He has a winning mentality that is only matched by 2 managers in world football today: Mourinho & Guardiola. For the past 10 or so seasons he's won title at different clubs year in year out. 

Klopp on the other hand is a bigger gamble imo. He has the arrogance and stubbornness of Rodgers (for better reason) and he seems to like a gamble in the transfer market as well. For whatever reason, he hasnt been able to hold on to his best players and despite doing a decent-ish job replacing them, his record in the market isnt as impressive as Ancelotti's. 

Ancelotti for me.

When you've managed two petro-dollar clubs and Real Madrid in the last decade your win percentage is bound to look half decent, I'm sure Klopp's win percentage would look spectacular as well if he had the ability to go and break the world transfer record at Dortmund.
Ancelotti did well at Chelsea but let's not forget so did Di Matteo and Avram Grant, having vast resources at your disposal tilts the balance heavily in your favour and I have to disagree with you also over resources, we have spent a lot recently but that is because we sold the family silver, we don't have any more £50m players to sell, Ancelotti is going to have to work on a modest budget here.
Atm this is all academic anyway because Rodgers hasn't gone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:40 pm

If their is any truth to this then FSG need to go.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ier-League

Having the likes of ancellotti and klopp available and the height of their ambition could be this  :wwww
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:33 pm

Carlo Ancelotti without a sizeable budget wouldnt work like Zlatan ibrahimovic he only seems to go to the team which are guaranteed to win the league so i doubt he would come to us anyway

Klopp is a different story he is a very smart coach similar to Rafa i think he knows his football and he knows his way of playing.

Klopp despite the recent stories about him wanting to manage in the PL i think will manage Bayern to replace the fraud that is Pep guardiola

Mazzarri came runners up in the italian league with Napoli and Highlighted and was a key figure in the building of the reputation on Cavani and Lavezzi

He changed the stereotype of italian teams being very defensive and even used to play a 3-4-3 formation

So i think he would be a massive improvement on what we have

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:07 pm

As I said, you know, I'm 100% committed to Watford, you know, new season, new targets, new players.

I'm offended when people question my integrity about the Reading job, you know. It upsets me. I'm loyal, 100% committed, as I said.

A week later he was confirmed as Reading's new manager ,negotiations apparently had been going on  when he uttered the above

Watford fans hate him ,Reading fans loathe him ,we should have heeded the warnings.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Personally don't want any Italian manager they suck the life out of the game with their tactical formations.Klopp it is.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:27 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:40 pm wrote:If their is any truth to this then FSG need to go.

Having the likes of ancellotti and klopp available and the height of their ambition could be this  :wwww

I can't see that being true mate, surely FSG aren't that daft.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:27 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:40 pm wrote:If their is any truth to this then FSG need to go.

I can't see that being true mate, surely FSG aren't that daft.

I wouldn't be so sure about that Yakka. If they go down the road of Ancellotti they will have to loosen the purse strings because he wouldn't even entertain them if they won't pay for players.
Klopp seem's the obvious choice and he would be more in line with how FSG want to operate but they don't seem interested at all.
This lad Mazzarri would be the low cost option and probably what they are looking for while we get spun a load of shyte as to why the other 2 aren't here.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:33 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:33 pm wrote:Carlo Ancelotti without a sizeable budget wouldnt work like Zlatan ibrahimovic he only seems to go to the team which are guaranteed to win the league so i doubt he would come to us anyway

I dont think Carlo would be interested in the Liverpool job either but assuming he is, I wouldnt quite base his success solely on the financial ability of the clubs he's worked at. He is a top manager and that is why he has managed the top clubs-hence the high spending. He's been successful since his early days and consistently seems to get his transfers right (in my books, he has developed, identified, and signed more world class talent than any other manger in the world. Not many would have expected Torres to fail, regardless of whether it was Ancelotti or Abrahamovic who bought him).

Quick Ancelotti transfer roundup:

1996        (Manager of Parma. His second season as a manager anywhere ; 1st in the top flight)

Signs: Thuram, Crespo, Chiesa [total spent: 4.45mill]
All 3 of them combined cost less than 3.5mill pounds. 2 of the best forwards in the recent history of Serie A and one of the best defenders in football history. Went on to finish 2nd in the league only losing the title to Juve by 2 points after Juve snatched a draw from a controversial penalty.

1997        (Second Season at Parma)

Signs: Blomqvist, Fiore [total spent: 4.48mill]

1998        (joins struggling Juve in Feb, gets them to CL semis)

1999        (first full season at Juve)

Signs: Van Der Sar, Kovacevic, Zambrotta, Tudor, Maresca [total spent: 27mill]
Loses title on final day by a point after defeat.

Signs: Trezeguet (16mill)

Jan 2001-2009 Milan

Signs: Nesta (21mill) , Seedorf (15mill), Rivaldo (free) , Kaka (5.7mill), Cafe (free), Stam (7mill) , Ronaldo (5mill) , Pato (15mill) , Ronaldinho (17mill) , Thiago Silva (7mill) , Gilardino (17.5mill*)

2009-2011 Chelsea

Signs: Sturridge (5mill), Matic (1.2mill) , Torres (50mill*), David Luiz (17.5mill), Ramirez (15mill)

Jan 2011-2013 PSG

Signs: Thiaggo Motta (8mill) , Maxwell (2mill) , Thiago Silva (29mill) , Lucas Moura (28mill) , Lavezzi (20mill) , Zlatan (14mill) , Veratti (8mill) , Beckham (free)

2013 -2015

Signs: Bale (80mill) , Illaramendi (22mill) , Isco (21mill) , Carvajal (4mill) , James Rod (56mill) , Toni Kroos (21mill) , Keylor Navas (7mill)

I have included all players signed for over 15mill (Zhirkov at 14.5 is also an Abramovic flop), Gilardino and Torres are the only 2 big money flops I found. Gilardino scored 17 and 12 LEAGUE goals in his first 2 seasons at Milan, spent his 3rd season mostly at the bench scoring 7 before leaving at the end of the season; he contributed to them reaching the CL final in 2007 which they won against us.

Compare that transfer and trophies record to any manager in world football.

Klopp would be an awesome replacement, but if we can get this guy, we'd be crazy to consider anyone else except for Mourinho/Guardiola.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:43 pm

Off topic but new game of last man standing starting this week for anyone that is interested. Picks will count up till 1st game kicks off.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:39 am

Italian press are claiming Walter Mazzarri (former Inter coach) has flown in to the UK to hold talks with Liverpool

I know nothing about this guy ??!
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:52 am

C-R » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:39 am wrote:Italian press are claiming Walter Mazzarri (former Inter coach) has flown in to the UK to hold talks with Liverpool

I know nothing about this guy ??!

Yeah mate, RTID refers to it a few posts earlier. I'd rather stick with Rodgers than end up with someone like this fella but I honestly can't see these reports being all that credible anyway, I can't see FSG conducting interviews while Rodgers is still in the job.
I know yank businessmen are meant to be ruthless but that would be ruthless to the point of crass.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:50 am

It is J.Klopp the most ideal replacement for the Sh*t BR!.. Klopp is very much interested in LFC, and he is very much suited for us, he is an excelent coach and manager and he get best out of an average players to make play like a decent team, let us face it Liverpool squad is full of expensive avarage players!!. The Italian man he only does well with big budget clubs, He is a very good manager but I don't think he can trun LFC around, he might fail the huge task.
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:58 am

algymoon » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:50 am wrote:It is J.Klopp the most ideal replacement for the Sh*t BR!.. Klopp is very much interested in LFC, and he is very much suited for us, he is an excelent coach and manager and he get best out of an average players to make play like a decent team, let us face it Liverpool squad is full of expensive avarage players!!. The Italian man he only does well with big budget clubs, He is a very good manager but I don't think he can trun LFC around, he might fail the huge task.

I agree.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion