Postby LFC1990 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:09 pm

De boer

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:17 pm

damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:24 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:11 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:09 pm wrote:Van Gaal still hasn't got them right, they are as porous as us at the back it's just that they have got a great keeper and luck on their side.

That's the point,they are not a good side, just shows how far we have fallen, so depressed

In many ways they're very similar to us from last season. A few world class players surrounded by average and below average teammates.

We lost 1 world class player. who are the rest you speak of ?
Average and below average is about right.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:18 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:58 pm wrote:failing that, Russell Grant

at least he should have a knack of spotting one's for the future
:D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Really do hate talking about replacements when we have a manager but this situation has a certain enivebility about it. This has happened all too soon for Rodgers IMO. The highs of last season and the lows of this year. Losing a world class player that was integral to your system.  I just don't think Rodgers has enough experience to deal with it all and that's not having a pop at him as most managers with his level of experience would find all that and the level of expectation tough to deal with.

Who knows, if he can turn around the current situation it may ultimately prove to be the making of him as a manager but how long do you give it?  As I said a few days back, the Lfc managers job is not one where you can spend too much time learning on the job. I do think last season's achievements will give him some time to sort it out however with a potential banana skin of a tie midweek and Arsenal next week, it would be a brave man who says BR will still be here if those 2 games go pear shaped.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Doeboy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:23 pm wrote:Really do hate talking about replacements when we have a manager but this situation has a certain enivebility about it. This has happened all too soon for Rodgers IMO. The highs of last season and the lows of this year. Losing a world class player that was integral to your system.  I just don't think Rodgers has enough experience to deal with it all and that's not having a pop at him as most managers with his level of experience would find all that and the level of expectation tough to deal with.

Who knows, if he can turn around the current situation it may ultimately prove to be the making of him as a manager but how long do you give it?  As I said a few days back, the Lfc managers job is not one where you can spend too much time learning on the job. I do think last season's achievements will give him some time to sort it out however with a potential banana skin of a tie midweek and Arsenal next week, it would be a brave man who says BR will still be here if those 2 games go pear shaped.

I don't think the owners will get rid, unless they have had a signal from someone else they rate who wants the job.

Personally, I think he'll get the xmas run of games to get himself out of this mess. If he doesn't, then I think his position will become difficult as I doubt FSG will give him anymore money to spend.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:49 pm

Dundreamin is back » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:35 pm wrote:The King in as caretaker then in the summer Rafa. BR has lost the dressing room,the fans and I can't see FSG putting up with it much longer especially with the investment they have put in the squad and ground. We are basically back to the Hodgson era

The king back? I think youve literally "dun dreaming", mate.
mramo

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:50 pm

damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:02 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:39 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:08 pm wrote:At this point, I'd honestly pay a lot of money to see Stu appointed as manager. You're even more arrogant than Rodgers mate. Anyway, nice to see you posting.

Arrogant? No mate, not in the slightest, I can take being called what I am... but that's rubbish.

I am extremely open minded, self confident and I know what I'm talking about. I also learn and am not affraid to learn off ANYONE. I also don't believe in doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Flexible and tactically I'd wipe the floor with Rodgers.

I called this from the Chelsea game last season and I was right. I could see then his weakness, also his insistance on Gerrard who, lets face it, should have been replaced ages ago, then there was the summer, I was told how we finished second and despite the loss of Luis we don't need anyone else just squad filllers... I could see it coming a mile off mate. I wasn't guessing during our spats, I was making valid and correct points.

Oh come on mate, you didn't "call" anything, you were just your usual negative self like you always are. Were you also not guessing when you said that we would finish 7th or 6th at best last season? You have some football knowledge mate, not denying that, but to actually believe that you could do a better job as a manager at the highest level than the people that are in charge just shows that you're not just arrogant but crazy as well. I know your kind Stu. People like you are experts in everything, politics, economy, sports, all of it. But they usually sit in parks and play chess, drink cheep beer and talk about how great the 60's were.

That is complete and utter garbage putting it down to me being negative. I'm a very balanced person to be quite honest, I say what I see and my heart never rules my head when it comes down to football. I said sixth or seventh last season as I didn't believe the side to be good enough, Henderson, Sterling and Flannagan all suprised me and contributed well... but they were boosted a level and played every game at one and a half nil up because of Suarez. As good as Luis was,  I didn't think he was as good as he was last sesaon, thats one of the best seasons I've ever seen from any player in this league. 15 assists, 31 league goals (doesn't take pens) and a whole load of other key passes and pressing that won us games. As soon as he left and our signings were confirmed and happening I knew the money was being wasted, I said it at the time and was told I was wrong, but obviously I wasn't.

To then say its crazy and arrogant because I believe I could do a better job than Rodgers is quite odd, you actually don't me or about my experiences within the game or anything to be quite honest. I literally live for footy and have done since I was born. I am absolutely telling you, I know how to set a side up as well and I understand the differences in the levels of players probably better than most.

As for the other things about "knowing my kind", thats exactly the point.., you don't at all. I only believe in having strong opinions on something you're knowledgable in. I'm also more than happy to listen and take on board what people say especially if they have a valid point regardless of their standing in my own personal opinion, their qualifications or whatever.

I've met hundreds of people who are well qualified and some of them are COMPLETELY clueless when it comes to certain area's of the game, but they can put on a good coaching session on so they have a job.., yet they can't tell you who their best players are... people don't realise how inbred the game is now. EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYONE... from Prescot Cables, to Croyden, to Juventus... they all know about every player, they all know each other, Tony Pulis when he was at palace was looking at two lads from Prescot Cables, I don't agree with the way he sets his teams up, but f*ck me the man knows his stuff. I'm telling you now, give me £200,000,000 over 5 transfer windows on a side finishing seventh and I'd easily cement a top four place through planning and preperation, it would be practically impossible not too. Team spirit, the correct tactical setup for the players you have (usually helps, try it sometime Brendan), game planning and squad management, also I'd have the balls to drop and move players out of the side who aren't performing. I wouldn't try and bash square pegs into round holes either. :;):
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:20 pm

What would you do Stu, if you were in FSG position?  Keep with BR until the summer and then sit down and think about it all, or act now?

Personally, I think he still deserves time, but suspect the xmas run of matches will probably make or break him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Doeboy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:23 pm wrote:Really do hate talking about replacements when we have a manager but this situation has a certain enivebility about it. This has happened all too soon for Rodgers IMO. The highs of last season and the lows of this year. Losing a world class player that was integral to your system.  I just don't think Rodgers has enough experience to deal with it all and that's not having a pop at him as most managers with his level of experience would find all that and the level of expectation tough to deal with.

Someone before said the end of the season, as soon as I seen the transfer budget spent I wanted him out to be fair... but thinking about it, I'd give him till about the 30 game mark... that way the new manager can come in and assess how to get the best out of this mess of a squad. It has some good players, but they aren't being used in a system which suits them at all. Especially the better players like Coutinho, Sterling, Enrique and Balotelli who are all being made to look distinctly average footballers by this completely inept manager by trying to force them into "his philosphy" rather than finding a system and way of playing that suits these players.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:41 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:20 pm wrote:What would you do Stu, if you were in FSG position?  Keep with BR until the summer and then sit down and think about it all, or act now?

Personally, I think he still deserves time, but suspect the xmas run of matches will probably make or break him.

I'd get on the phone to Stu the red lad and say, do us a favour, come and sort this mess out... to which I'd reply... sound, but once its sorted, full control even on wages after I've got us back into the Champions league. :;):

Failing that I'd give him till 30 games... ish... and if he wants someone in the transfer window he has to sell first.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:58 am

Dundreamin is back » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:35 pm wrote:
The King in as caretaker then in the summer Rafa. BR has lost the dressing room,the fans and I can't see FSG putting up with it much longer especially with the investment they have put in the squad and ground. We are basically back to the Hodgson era

The king back? I think youve literally "dun dreaming", mate.

And what the fook is wrong with that. He should of been given more time before FSG brought Rodgers in. In Kenny,s first full season we got to 2 cup finals and a 8th finish. If that was offered to you now would you take it? I know I would
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby killerp » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:29 am

Our problems do not end with Rodgers, as I have said before our football issues go all the way back to Boston. While we have non-football people appointing inept staff to run the club, the trend of gambling with below par managers and below average players will continue. After seeing Rodgers in the transfer market with a decent warchest there is no doubt he should be relegated to youth team manager at best. I have no confidence that FSG can find a manager to "fix" our problems.

With Man U clearly back on track....i'd say the top 4 is full until Arsenal implode or the oil wells run dry. I think the height of our future achievements will be having the odd skirmish with Spurs and Everton at 5th.
killerp

Postby eds » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:49 am

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:50 pm wrote:That is complete and utter garbage putting it down to me being negative. I'm a very balanced person to be quite honest, I say what I see and my heart never rules my head when it comes down to football. I said sixth or seventh last season as I didn't believe the side to be good enough, Henderson, Sterling and Flannagan all suprised me and contributed well... but they were boosted a level and played every game at one and a half nil up because of Suarez. As good as Luis was,  I didn't think he was as good as he was last sesaon, thats one of the best seasons I've ever seen from any player in this league. 15 assists, 31 league goals (doesn't take pens) and a whole load of other key passes and pressing that won us games. As soon as he left and our signings were confirmed and happening I knew the money was being wasted, I said it at the time and was told I was wrong, but obviously I wasn't.

To then say its crazy and arrogant because I believe I could do a better job than Rodgers is quite odd, you actually don't me or about my experiences within the game or anything to be quite honest. I literally live for footy and have done since I was born. I am absolutely telling you, I know how to set a side up as well and I understand the differences in the levels of players probably better than most.

As for the other things about "knowing my kind", thats exactly the point.., you don't at all. I only believe in having strong opinions on something you're knowledgable in. I'm also more than happy to listen and take on board what people say especially if they have a valid point regardless of their standing in my own personal opinion, their qualifications or whatever.

I've met hundreds of people who are well qualified and some of them are COMPLETELY clueless when it comes to certain area's of the game, but they can put on a good coaching session on so they have a job.., yet they can't tell you who their best players are... people don't realise how inbred the game is now. EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYONE... from Prescot Cables, to Croyden, to Juventus... they all know about every player, they all know each other, Tony Pulis when he was at palace was looking at two lads from Prescot Cables, I don't agree with the way he sets his teams up, but f*ck me the man knows his stuff. I'm telling you now, give me £200,000,000 over 5 transfer windows on a side finishing seventh and I'd easily cement a top four place through planning and preperation, it would be practically impossible not too. Team spirit, the correct tactical setup for the players you have (usually helps, try it sometime Brendan), game planning and squad management, also I'd have the balls to drop and move players out of the side who aren't performing. I wouldn't try and bash square pegs into round holes either. :;):

Stu keep posting, the forum needs more knowledgeable f**kers that know what the hell they are talking about.

I'm sick of repeating myself on here, because our problems are so easily identifiable and the fact that we are doing f**k all as fans to reach this outcome united is so painful.  :down:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:23 am

killerp » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:29 am wrote:Our problems do not end with Rodgers, as I have said before our football issues go all the way back to Boston. While we have non-football people appointing inept staff to run the club, the trend of gambling with below par managers and below average players will continue. After seeing Rodgers in the transfer market with a decent warchest there is no doubt he should be relegated to youth team manager at best. I have no confidence that FSG can find a manager to "fix" our problems.

With Man U clearly back on track....i'd say the top 4 is full until Arsenal implode or the oil wells run dry. I think the height of our future achievements will be having the odd skirmish with Spurs and Everton at 5th.

I couldn't agree more mate.

While everyone's attention is on Rodgers and the tripe he has served up this season in terms of signings and coaching, our biggest threat isn't even being discussed when its plain as day that there are some MASSIVE concerns.

The core of our problems lies with these yanks and that they have absolutely no understanding of the game and are trying to implement a failed system of recruiting young players with the obsession of one day making a massive profit on one of them. There is a very dangerous cult out there, and few on here as well, that will defend them tooth and nail with stupid arguments of balancing the books, getting us out of debt and the recent stadium expansion plans. But when you raise the bottom-line which is improvement on the field, they don't have an answer and go crawl under the rocks they appeared from. In the end their arguments are all things that you would expect from any decent owner(s) as a basic PASS mark, but for these cultists and delusional idiots its the BE ALL and END ALL of how truly "exceptional" they are as compared to the previous two swindlers we had before them. You know because they are a good benchmark to compare yourself against.   :suspect:

The problem now is that we are discussing how we move on beyond Rodgers and quiet frankly I have absolutely no faith in that our owners will:

a) Bring in the right manager this time that has the experience and reputation to spot or bring in better players
b) Bring in better executives that won't f**k up our chances of getting better players
c) Allow the new manager to spend money on improving our starting XI and our spine
d) Put an end to this "young player" and "moneyball" nonsense which has left us in the state we are in

As long as these guys are our owners and at our club our longer term future incredibly bleak.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:22 am

I watch the Bundesliga probably more than I watch the EPL, so I would be bias and say that I would want Jurgen Klopp to take over from Rodgers. The only problem is, that wouldn't happen until July and the full damage of this season would be done.

Klopp has had to deal with Munich picking off their players and he still got them to second in the title race last year. BvB have had a horrible start this year but they still qualified from their pool in the Champions League, and with their Christmas break coming up, I have no doubt they will go on a run and get back to the 4-6 mark on the table.

If we could get him to agree to come to us I wouldn't be surprised if he could bring some of his players that are loyal to him either. The only problem with bringing Klopp in, is Rodgers either stays for the remainder of the season, or we get a caretaker and concede the season is a complete failure.

My next pick would be Frank De Boer on the basis that internet rumours say Ajax will let him leave in January if the right offer comes to him. I am not sure if their is anyone at Ajax he could bring with him but he would know who to target in the Dutch league.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion