Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:07 pm

My point simplified is that it's naive to claim that those who aren't pro-Rodgers are not being true to the anthem You'll Never Walk Alone. Due to the mans representation of himself many of us question wether Rodgers himself would abide by it should a Spanish team come knocking.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:12 pm

RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:07 pm wrote:My point simplified is that it's naive to claim that those who aren't pro-Rodgers are not being true to the anthem You'll Never Walk Alone. Due to the mans representation of himself many of us question wether Rodgers himself would abide by it should a Spanish team come knocking.

Representation of himself ?

Where has all this "Spanish team" come from ? have i missed an interview or something ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:12 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:07 pm wrote:My point simplified is that it's naive to claim that those who aren't pro-Rodgers are not being true to the anthem You'll Never Walk Alone. Due to the mans representation of himself many of us question wether Rodgers himself would abide by it should a Spanish team come knocking.

Where has all this "Spanish team" come from ? have i missed an interview or something ?

Wander from the point all you like. At least once in this thread you've used You'll Never Walk Alone in your defence of Rodgers. BR isn't a Liverpool supporter so I don't see how that works.
RedAnt

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:17 pm

RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:15 pm wrote:

Wander from the point all you like. At least once in this thread you've used You'll Never Walk Alone in your defence of Rodgers. BR isn't a Liverpool supporter so I don't see how that works.

When did he say he isnt a Liverpool supporter - where has that conclusion come from ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:21 pm

RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:01 pm wrote:Why do some posters demand unconditional loyalty to BR? Some, myself included, didn't want Kenny sacked, but he was, in short time and to the disappointment of many loyal supporters. Are we expected then to pack up our loyalty and move it over to BR and unpack it all again? What of those that didn't think BR was the man for the job in the first place but have supported the team as any supporter should? Are we allowed to have an opinion against Rodgers? Just wondering like.
As for You'll Never Walk Alone well since it's his job then I'm sure BR wants us to win, but so far as I know he's not a loyal Liverpool supporter, is he? Dalglish is.

It's like the last post you read pushes all others from memory. Earlier you replied to RBG saying something along the lines of 'support the manager. What of YNWA?'. So I posted the above.
Last edited by RedAnt on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedAnt

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Obviously you have.

I've lost the actual source but last year our manager was quoted as saying he saw himself managing in Spain at sometime in his future.

Now, whilst I don't have a problem with him thinking that I do have a massive problem with a manager in their early career with our club actually going on record that his ambition lies beyond Anfield.    :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:26 pm

RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:21 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:01 pm wrote:Why do some posters demand unconditional loyalty to BR? Some, myself included, didn't want Kenny sacked, but he was, in short time and to the disappointment of many loyal supporters. Are we expected then to pack up our loyalty and move it over to BR and unpack it all again? What of those that didn't think BR was the man for the job in the first place but have supported the team as any supporter should? Are we allowed to have an opinion against Rodgers? Just wondering like.
As for You'll Never Walk Alone well since it's his job then I'm sure BR wants us to win, but so far as I know he's not a loyal Liverpool supporter, is he? Dalglish is.

It's like the last post you read pushes all others from memory. Earlier you replied to RBG saying something along the lines of 'support the manager. What of YNWA?'. So I posted the above.

And again - where has this conclusion come from that Rodgers isnt loyal and isnt a supporter of the club ?

My loyalty is to the club , the players , the manager , the fans - i didnt swap loyalty to Rodgers from Kenny - he gained it by becoming our manager and Kenny still has it.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:28 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:22 pm wrote:

Obviously you have.

I've lost the actual source but last year our manager was quoted as saying he saw himself managing in Spain at sometime in his future.

Now, whilst I don't have a problem with him thinking that I do have a massive problem with a manager in their early career with our club actually going on record that his ambition lies beyond Anfield.    :veryangry

Is that the same interview when he said that he wants to manage at Liverpool for 20 years and achieve great things and said one day he hoped to work in Spain
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:26 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:21 pm wrote:

And again - where has this conclusion come from that Rodgers isnt loyal and isnt a supporter of the club ?

My loyalty is to the club , the players , the manager , the fans - i didnt swap loyalty to Rodgers from Kenny - he gained it by becoming our manager and Kenny still has it.

You do love to argue. It's very familiar. I don't think I can explain how illogical you're being. Take your comments about how it's bad to have a fourth manager in five years. Why is the fourth manager the cut off point? What of GH? What or RB and Woy? Kenny? Maybe he was my cut off point. Should have stuck with him? The club didn't. So why are you dictating we also stick with Rodgers? Why can't people have their own opinions? Put up your points in defence, sure, but you've been flogging this horse for days and have started to use cheap tricks such as questioning others loyalties. Don't ask 'where' or tell me to prove it. It's very much a theme in the thread.
RedAnt

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Cheap tricks ?

What about GH ? i didnt want him to leave

Same with Rafa , same with Kenny - didnt want any of those to leave and wanted them to continue to be our manager with my support. Our club is supposed to be different - we dont go through managers every other season , we dont demand out managers our sacked when they have a bad spell .

we certainly dont start attacking our own manager bring his family life into it nor question their loyality or if they are a supporter.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Dunno, let's face it,  ALL reports suggest this fella goes in whichever direction the wind is blowing   :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:56 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:52 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:43 pm wrote:That has zero relevance to him managing the club - his personal life has nothing to do with anything.

I can accept that personal life might have little to do with professional work life, perhaps?...but here I am talking about a person's mentality and principle in life, how he make choices, how little success can influence his decision making and loyalty, so please don't twist my statement to fit your agenda. I get it that you're loyal and strongly support BR...that sits fine with me however I don't and I cannot trust his decision making and to a certain extend his tactical footballing ability. I'm not convinced as yet so no amount of your propaganda here will change my mind. I can accept your decision & opinion, so if you don't mind let some of us have our views and opinions too, will that be good?

Thats fine if your judging him on his ability as a football manager and using his footballing decisions - have no issues with that but bringing someones personal life into it and to use it to judge his managerial choices ? No sorry that doesnt sit well at all and certainly not something would expect from Liverpool fans.

Why is his loyality to the club being questioned ? he hasnt gone anywhere - he hasnt looked at another club - he hasnt hidden away - he has taken flak yet is still there.

Oh sorry I must have been missing the day when they handed out the Official LFC Supporter's Guideline, so excuse me if I'm not behaving up to the expectation of a Liverpool fan? I humbly apologise that I have not seek your valued counsel when I state that I don't like nor do I trust BR's managerial, man management & tactical ability so should I now sound a formal retreat from my stand and erase all the digital ink and any negativity ever written about BR?

Bottomline is we are all Liverpool FC fan and we want the club to do well. I have been supporting this club for near 45 years now, and never do I dislike a manager like I did BR (beside Woy of course) and there's a reason why. I applaud you for your blind faith and loyalty to that man but some of us don't, so it is unfair to come here and questioning whether we meet your approval or the standard as a LFC fan.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:41 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:37 pm wrote:Dunno, let's face it,  ALL reports suggest this fella goes in whichever direction the wind is blowing   :p

It is the same interview - the headline was "Brendan Rodgers wants to leave Liverpool to manage in Spain" - obviously when reading what he actually says goes on to say what a special club Liverpool is , how he loves being at the club , wants to be at the club for 20 years and achieve greatness for the club and its fans - and said maybe one day he would like to work in Spain.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:45 pm

Santa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:39 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:56 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:52 pm wrote:
I can accept that personal life might have little to do with professional work life, perhaps?...but here I am talking about a person's mentality and principle in life, how he make choices, how little success can influence his decision making and loyalty, so please don't twist my statement to fit your agenda. I get it that you're loyal and strongly support BR...that sits fine with me however I don't and I cannot trust his decision making and to a certain extend his tactical footballing ability. I'm not convinced as yet so no amount of your propaganda here will change my mind. I can accept your decision & opinion, so if you don't mind let some of us have our views and opinions too, will that be good?

Thats fine if your judging him on his ability as a football manager and using his footballing decisions - have no issues with that but bringing someones personal life into it and to use it to judge his managerial choices ? No sorry that doesnt sit well at all and certainly not something would expect from Liverpool fans.

Why is his loyality to the club being questioned ? he hasnt gone anywhere - he hasnt looked at another club - he hasnt hidden away - he has taken flak yet is still there.

Oh sorry I must have been missing the day when they handed out the Official LFC Supporter's Guideline, so excuse me if I'm not behaving up to the expectation of a Liverpool fan? I humbly apologise that I have not seek your valued counsel when I state that I don't like nor do I trust BR's managerial, man management & tactical ability so should I now sound a formal retreat from my stand and erase all the digital ink and any negativity ever written about BR?

Bottomline is we are all Liverpool FC fan and we want the club to do well. I have been supporting this club for near 45 years now, and never do I dislike a manager like I did BR (beside Woy of course) and there's a reason why. I applaud you for your blind faith and loyalty to that man but some of us don't, so it is unfair to come here and questioning whether we meet your approval or the standard as a LFC fan.

Again thats fine - but Liverpool fans have never brought someones private life into things - never , its not something we do - when the bitters were spreading rumours about Gerrard and his children we defended him like mad because it was going too far to bring someones personal and private life into it.

Again no issues if you dont rate him as a manager or like what players he signs or what tactics he uses etc

But to go personal on our manager ? No sorry. The guy is just trying to win football matches and trophies for us - thats all.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:47 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:49 pm wrote:
Registered here a long long time ago - no idea on username but been reading for a while as Rawk went mental in the last 6 months.

On reflection, From my ten years + in the forum my gut tells me you're a previously banned member who brought fk all but strife to the forum.

Don't let the door hit your ***** on the way out (again)  !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion