Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Just to gauge peoples thought. Someone said this to me in the summer and I thought he was talking ***** but maybe there is something to it? He is a young manager still learning and jumping up from Swansea to us is one hell of a jump
Last edited by Doeboy on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doeboy

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Yes....He is a small time manager who can only manage a small squad. FSG screwed up big time by replacing the King with this fraud.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Young managers are going to make mistakes but I honestly believe that his vision of how the game should be played is the right way forward for this club. I think if we stick with him we will eventually find another XI capable of challenging for the title, it might take a while and we may have more days like this but I'm convinced we'll get there one day.
We can't keep changing managers every time we go through a rough patch.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:31 pm

I do think he needs time to sort it out and would love it if he can. He only had one season in the top flight with Swansea before coming to us. Coming from that and walking into one of the biggest jobs in world football is an absolutely massive jump and sometimes people do lose sight of that. I think we will be OK in our next run of games and it will give BR some breathing space and possibly the chance to push on from that and thinks could look brighter. I don't see see him being replaced this season unless it really badly goes pear shaped (lose a few more of our up and coming league games and don't make the next phase of the CL) which I don't think will happen, At worst, it could end up being a patchy season and we miss out on 4th, If that happens, I think there may well be a change in the summer
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:19 pm wrote:Young managers are going to make mistakes but I honestly believe that his vision of how the game should be played is the right way forward for this club. I think if we stick with him we will eventually find another XI capable of challenging for the title, it might take a while and we may have more days like this but I'm convinced we'll get there one day.

^^ This

BR needs time to turn this around and he'll get it. However, if we finish mid-table, he'll be packed off in the summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:40 pm

The thing is Rodgers keeps making the same mistakes (he just doesn't seem to learn from them).  He might eventually come good (I personally don't think he can make it as a big manager), but can we afford to wait for him to come to his senses ?
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:44 pm

The_Rock » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:40 pm wrote:The thing is Rodgers keeps making the same mistakes (he just doesn't seem to learn from them).  He might eventually come good (I personally don't think he can make it as a big manager), but can we afford to wait for him to come to his senses ?

I hear what you're saying and I do agree about making the same mistakes. But, he is a young manager and he did nearly win us the league last year. For that, he has earned himself time.

Besides, there's no point sacking the manager now. Who do we bring in?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:47 pm

id get mancini in now hes available a proven winner i wouldnt trust brendan in january or his philosophy. everyone but him even commentators on radio are shouting balotelli carnt play on his own its rediculous.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:52 pm

ballotelliman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:47 pm wrote:id get mancini in now hes available a proven winner i wouldnt trust brendan in january or his philosophy. everyone but him even commentators on radio are shouting balotelli carnt play on his own its rediculous.

Sacked from Inter, sacked Man City and sacked from Galatasaray, no thanks.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:02 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:44 pm wrote:
The_Rock » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:40 pm wrote:The thing is Rodgers keeps making the same mistakes (he just doesn't seem to learn from them).  He might eventually come good (I personally don't think he can make it as a big manager), but can we afford to wait for him to come to his senses ?

I hear what you're saying and I do agree about making the same mistakes. But, he is a young manager and he did nearly win us the league last year. For that, he has earned himself time.

Besides, there's no point sacking the manager now. Who do we bring in?

I wanted him gone immediately after the Chelsea match (You heard the crowd booing the coutinho substitution ?).... but I have cooled down after a few beers...  :laugh:

1st of all I would bring in a DOF. I don't give a $hit if Rodgers doesn't fancy working under a DOF. He is a young manager. Relatively in-experienced. He has blown $200M in 2 seasons.... He needs all the help he can get. Hopefully the DOF can bring in quality signings from now onwards.

Also Rodgers has to strengthen his coaching staff (If he doesn't want to...maybe the DOF can supercede him and hire on his behalf). Rodgers on his own is a good coach. But I don't think his assistant and marsh are competent enough ....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:08 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:52 pm wrote:
ballotelliman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:47 pm wrote:id get mancini in now hes available a proven winner i wouldnt trust brendan in january or his philosophy. everyone but him even commentators on radio are shouting balotelli carnt play on his own its rediculous.

lol look at his silverware compared to brendan. plus how many scudettos did he win before inter sacked . the citeh players didnt like him cos he was relentless on them cos they are a bunch of prima donnas. isnt it funny now under weak nice natured pellegrini there doing rubbish now so wise up brendan isnt a patch on him. he would sort out our defence immediately. he bought vincent company for 600.000 grand not bad hey.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby kazza » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:20 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:19 pm wrote:Young managers are going to make mistakes but I honestly believe that his vision of how the game should be played is the right way forward for this club. I think if we stick with him we will eventually find another XI capable of challenging for the title, it might take a while and we may have more days like this but I'm convinced we'll get there one day.

:nod

Fickle fans
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:27 pm

ballotelliman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:08 pm wrote:

lol look at his silverware compared to brendan. plus how many scudettos did he win before inter sacked . the citeh players didnt like him cos he was relentless on them cos they are a bunch of prima donnas. isnt it funny now under weak nice natured pellegrini there doing rubbish now so wise up brendan isnt a patch on him. he would sort out our defence immediately. he bought vincent company for 600.000 grand not bad hey.

In no way shape or form should we sign this ultra conservative prikk another Italian which is more afraid to lose then a desire to win no thank you.

As to BR it does seem the whole system broke this year but as the man in charge he would have to pay the price ,it's just inexcusable to have such a pathetic miserable return over the huge sums he got. pity I really liked his tactics and philosophy this past years but to see him err so much and do absolutely nothing to correct it is just unbearable.

What pissses me even more is that we had a real live example how a team can squander huge sums and took nothing from it FFS spurs gave us a great lesson and we totally did the same.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:31 pm

ballotelliman » Nov 8th, '14, 18:08 wrote:

Mancini spent a lot of time fighting with players (literally in some cases) so he'd be no good for LFC. I think a Caretaker would be the option in the first instance until a suitable candidate is found. I'd actually like Roy Evans to come in as a coach/trainer under a Caretaker whoever that may be. Alternatively, if the Owners want to bring in a manager straight away, the only one that makes sense right now is IMO, Frank De Boer  who has all the right attributes to be a LFC Manager, and he is making very good use of Academy players. Also, I'd like Cruyff as DOF. If they  wait till next summer, then Klopp or Bielsa.

BR is stubborn. He needs help, yet refuses the help that is required because he thinks he has the right personnel already. It's clear to see that he hasn't got the correct people. He hasn't learnt from his mistakes, and loads more questions are popping up as each week goes by. He's shafted most of our academy players as well, they won't be given chances now. He's hurting LFC by being stubborn, and not accepting help.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Roy Evans?  :D

Klopp is having a nightmare season in Germany and the Dortmund fans are saying the same thing we're about BR. But Roy Evans, seriously?  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion