-IF- Brendan Rodgers were to get the push

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Not sure who is angry with the Owner (think everyone is angry with BR and his coaching staff). The Owners want the best for the Club, that is why they have invested heavily by providing funds for bringing players to the Club and started work on rebuilding Anfield.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Frank Deboer now before we are out of all competitions
Last edited by Boocity on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Boocity » Dec 15th, '14, 17:25 wrote:Frank Deboer now before we are out of all competitions

He works to Marc Overmars, the DoF

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:36 pm wrote:
Boocity » Dec 15th, '14, 17:25 wrote:Frank Deboer now before we are out of all competitions

He works to Marc Overmars, the DoF

We need someone to coach the players we have and get the best out of them
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:55 pm

ethanr » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:22 pm wrote:I don't get all this anger at the owners. They hired a manager who got us back into the CL and almost won our first PL title with what was considered a mediocre team before the season started. They've supplied him all the funding he could really need. Our stadium expansion is finally confirmed and under way, and we're staying at Anfield. We've set up a large number of sponsorship deals, and significantly increased the likes of our shirt sponsorship so that we can compete in FFP.

What more do you want from them? Do you want Tom Henry to throw on a shirt and go play striker for us? Do you want him to kidnap Messi and make him sign a contract at Anfield? Hold a gun to Guardiola's head until he does the same?

Are you trying to tell me that the Monsour's are footballing genius'? The Glazers? Stan Kronke? They know how to run a business, just like FSG, and that's what you need in football now to set the field up for success. They've done everything they can, so where this animosity is coming from I'll never know.

First of all sunshine, it's not anger it's called constructive criticism.

It's what happens when things aren't going well in any business, an internal review of everything and EVERYONE.

As fans we have extremely vested interests in the way our club is run and managed, NOT just from a ridiculous "its all Rodgers fault" point-of-view.

We did well last season because we had the 3rd best player on the planet playing for us and Sturridge (when not injured) banging in goals for fun. Nothing more, nothing less. Lets not get carried away that the owners or Rodgers had anything to do with this.  :laugh: 

Yes, they appointed Rodgers, yes we did well last season and yes we somehow found ourselves in the CL. But the problem as I kept repeating during the time he was appointed is that they only got Rodgers in the first place because he fitted the FSG mould of what they were looking for. A young manager that would come in and shape the club to the way they wanted to see club run on the field, just like it was being run off the field. That is why Benitez didn't get a look in and the only other candidate they interviewed was Roberto f**king Martinez. The problem with all of this, and I still am to hear anyone debate me on this is that there model to success is incredibly flawed.

The constraints that they have put on Rodgers and the recruiting committee is quiet clear based on the last three years of player acquisitions under their tenure. If you are young and considerably talented and don't ask for too much in wages then you are on a shortlist to come here or if you have had a great season in a league somewhere in the world you will pop up on some analyst's statistical spreadsheet and will also be on this shortlist, preferably the older you are the more interest there will be. Rodgers, Martinez and AVB are all gutless "yes" men who are deluded in thinking they can bring success through these measures. What they fail to understand, and is quiet frankly scary is that for a side to be successful you need a solid spine to the team, preferably this spine consists of quality players hitting their peak, or almost about to hit their peak.  That is why we had limited success with Benitez. We had quality players like Gerrard, Carragher, Reina, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, etc all either at their peaks or about to hit their relative peaks.

Look at our squad now and ask yourself the same question. Our best players are Sterling, Sturridge and Coutinho. I don't think Sterling is anywhere near the finished product (based on his lack of finishing on the weekend), Coutinho is still very, very young and Sturridge has a big asterix next to his name on how many games he is actually going to play throughout his career.  We have NO spine at all, Gerrard is done. Lucas, Allen and Henderson are all average. Balotelli has been very poor, while our defense and goalkeepers have been a down-right mess. So why is this? Is it all because of Rodger's ineptitude? To a partial extent, yes, but this has been compounded by this idiotic ideology of continually bringing in younger players to make "things good".  Balotelli, Markovic, Can, Lovren all under 25 and no where near their peaks. The only player they bought who is nearing that is Lallana, but he has been criminally under used this season, because it seems that Rodgers doesn't even rate him.  *facepalm*

And it will only get worse, because as we all know when quality players get fed up with losing cultures, such as the ones that have festered out our club for the last few years then they are off on a whim. We saw that with Suarez last season and it's not to bold to claim that the same thing will happen with Sterling and Coutinho in one or two seasons. The Yanks would be completely to blame for that, as they are the ones that need to be ensuring the vultures don't circle in and appoint a manager that can hold these players and address this key issue of building a formidable starting XI. The foundations certainly crumbled when we start valuing 65m in the bank as compared to having the best player Liverpool has ever had in the team sheet for season 2014-2015.  :no

You can rant about Henry putting a Liverpool shirt on and playing at CF or holding Messi hostage but the truth is that the owners jobs are beyond ensuring that the books are balanced, our stadium is revamped and the players wages are paid. They need to drop this moneyball nonsense and realize that it will get the club nowhere, you only need to look at the state of our current squad to see this. Unfortunately I have no confidence that this will happen, if they are stubborn with this strategy we will continue down the road of getting another cheap inexperienced manager, with another philosophy of bringing in young players or cheap fill in players and NOTHING will change. It's quiet sad that it seems the lot of you can't understand this will lead our club to years of mediocrity and in my eyes.........eventual irrelevance.
Last edited by eds on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:02 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:38 am wrote:Up to now, I can't say I'm too fussed with the owners either way, I don't see what people have against them (apart from the appointment of Rodgers :;): ) but that's with hindsight.

Ask yourself WHY he was appointed in the first place Stu and you will begin to understand why some of us are so upset with the way things are panning out.......
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Frank De Boer at the end of the season anyone ???

Frank De Boer Open to Taking Liverpool Manager Job According to His Brother

Ajax coach Frank De Boer would be open to the possibility of managing Liverpool, if he was approached about the job.

De Boer is believed to have turned down a chance to manage the club back in March 2013, despite Brendan Rodgers only having been in the hotseat for nine months since his appointment in June 2012.

Although leading the club to within touching distance of a first Premier League title last season, Rodgers has endured a wretched current campaign and remains under intense pressure, especially following the 3-0 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday.

De Boer's interest has been revealed by his brother, Ronald, who admits that Frank would carefully consider an approach from Fenway Sports Group.

"At the end of the season he surely could [take over at Liverpool]. Its a nice club. If Liverpool ask now he would certainly think about it. He would certainly not close the door immediately, like he did two years ago," Frank De Boer said.

These reports are likely to cause further tension amongst the Liverpool hierarchy and Rodgers, who is reportedly fighting to save his job. The level of performance has been vastly inferior to last season and Rodgers was unable to lead the club through the group stage of the Champions League, being eliminated after a 1-1 draw with Basel.

De Boer, who also reportedly turned down the opportunity to manage Tottenham, had a stellar playing career before winning four consecutive Eredivise titles with Ajax as coach.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:59 am

Liverpool line up SHOCK return for Rafa Benitez to replace under-pressure Brendan Rodgers

LIVERPOOL have targeted former Reds manager Rafa Benitez as the man to replace under-fire boss Brendan Rodgers

The Reds are understood to be in the market for a new man at the helm after a shaky start to the campaign.

Rodgers led Liverpool to Premier League runners up last term, but his men have struggled to continue their form their form and currently sit in the bottom half of the table and 18 points behind leaders Chelsea.

The Anfield outfit also failed to progress to the Champions League knock-out stages, finishing third in Group B after winning just one game.

Zenit's Andre Villas-Boas, Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp and Atletico Madrid's Diego Simeone are all on the Reds' radar to replace the Northern Irishman.

But according to today's reports in Italy, Benitez - who won the Champions League, FA Cup, Super Cup and Community Shield from 2004 to 2010 at Anfield - is now at the top of Liverpool's shortlist.

The Spaniard - who would reportedly welcome a return to Merseyside - has come under some pressure of his own at Napoli, with the club sitting a disappointing seventh in Serie A.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:04 am

In light of recent events and the uprising in many now seeing that the manager has to go i am resurrecting this thread

Who - should replace BR ??

The usual names will be mentioned, Klopp for starters, but a lot of rumors about Mourinho this morning on social media, funnier things have happened

Who should we be looking at and who could we actually get ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:22 am

Klopp is the first name on everyone's lips.. The dortmund fans loved him. I think we are a similar side to the dortmund side he transformed aswell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:38 am

Always thought that this season would be the season of the K...
1. King Kenny to take over as caretaker AGAIN! Until new manager has been found. If FSG were to act the new manager should be in place by Jan 1st 2016.

REPLACEMENTS:
2. KLOPP is the fans no.1 choice. Would build a team the fans can be proud of and would make Anfield a nightmare ground for all opponents. A proven dynasty builder!
3. KLINSMANN already employed by the yanks, knows their mentality, proven winner and has taken a bunch of nobodies who know nothing about Soccer into presidential guests.
4. KOEMAN - Proven winner, doing wonders at his current club, turns lesser players into better plays, turns annual playing staff into profit.
This would be the cheaper and probably the most profitable option for FSG.

5. FranK (clutching a bit I know) de Boer - Proven experience at all levels and now showing results as a coach / manager.

Now, back to my daily one man campaign. You're all welcome to join me...
  :hearts
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:09 pm

I truly believe Klopp is the right fit for us, a round peg in a round hole

Unlike the current manager who seems to like playing square pegs in round holes

The playing squad we have is not that bad really, it is just that he plays so many out of position, poor choice of formations, we have no width

He sent Markovic out on loan, him along with Ibe can provide that width

It is time for BR to go now, we can no longer continue being a joke, there is no master plan, things are not gonna get better only worse

Get him out ASAP please FSG
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:31 pm

VERY interesting comments by Graham Beecroft (Liverpool reporter for TalkSport, please read the following..........

According to talkSPORT's Merseyside reporter Graham Beecroft, there is one particular man in the frame to replace Rodgers at the helm and it's not former Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp.

It is claimed that Liverpool's FSG owners had already come to a conclusion about the manager, only for the Carlisle shambles to push them even further towards making a change.

"John W. Henry would have looked at that performance and thought, 'this is not good enough and a change has to be made', and I understand that is going to happen," Beecroft said.

"In fact, the club board were split in what to do with Brendan Rodgers, but the power base in Boston decided before this game they were going to make the change. This result will simply have reinforced the fact they feel they have to do that."

Liverpool could only score one goal at home against the Football League's worst defence, despite an obscene 47 attempts spread over two hours of game time at Anfield. Fans were further enraged when the assistant boss Gary McAllister publicly commended the 'character' the team had shown.

With regard to who might replace Rodgers, Beecroft seems to think the instant denial of any contact with Carlo Ancelotti is actually rather telling, considering the club has never bothered to quash the persistent rumours about Klopp arriving.

He said, "Liverpool swiftly denied any talks with Carlo Ancelotti when the rumours became public, however you might remember Jurgen Klopp has been linked with the Liverpool job for quite some time and they've never issued any statement regarding that, so Liverpool fans saw that as being a little bit fishy."

On a similar theme, fans may recall Rodgers categorically denying that Mario Balotelli would sign for the club mere days before it happened.

Beecroft went on to add, "Unless something happens, whereby Ancelotti says no, that will be the only thing that will save Brendan, and even then, he would only stay in the short term. One thing I can tell you is that Jurgen Klopp will not be the next Liverpool manager."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:52 pm

Here's the bit from Gary Mac lifted from the echo. He must have borrowed Brendan's phrase book for the occasion:

"McAllister added Liverpool were told to take more responsibility in front of goal - the Reds peppering 47 shots at the Carlisle goal - and the Scot believes the players showed character to ensure they moved into the next round.

He said: "The positives are that we’re through to next round and the fact that we’ve had 50 shots on goal."
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:11 pm

There is a theme that has run through the club since king Kenny first left the club in 1989/90. It is a theme of either bringing in managers who fall short in terms of experience, talent, or recognition of the clubs traditions (Souness, Evans, Roy) and decent managers who brought success but were unable to sustain it through poor signings or basically losing the plot (Houllier and Rafa).

For so long we have spent large sums of money, in the main on padding out the squad with mediocre players. Only rarely have we shelled out on the world class player such as Torres and Suarez that has lift d the squad to another level. However when we do this we surround our best players with rubbish and expect them the lift the rest. It is a formula that hS failed time and time again. However I would say that up to the middle of last season the quality of football we were producing was good to watch and we played in the traditions of the club in that we strove to pass the ball and attack.

What has got my goat over the last few months is the lack of excite passing football. BR started well, and some of the football we were playing 18 months ago was spectacular, albeit we had Suarez, Stirling, Gerrard, and Sturridge all fit and playing well. We could and should have won the PL but did not, and last season instead of kicking on we went backwards.

This season has seen us go even further back. We have spent a lot of money, bought players who on paper should be a success and got rid of some dead wood. That said we have also shipped out Markovic which was a stupid thing to do, as well as freeze out Enrique and at one point Lucas.

I don't like the way BR treats players when he decided they are not in his plans. He missused Mario (I know he failed but I think he was not given the best chance to succeed here) and Lucas in particular was treated badly until Hendos injury and he decided he would play him again.

What has forced me to lose respect and my support of BR is the football we are now playing. We have good, even exceptional players in some areas of the squad but they are either played out of position, if at all and we seem to rely on Coutinho to win games alone. We are not playing to Bentekes strengths and he looks ineffective and frankly useless. The defence is a joke, and his insistence on playing Gomez instead of Moreno at left back at the start of the season was awful. Everyone knows the best defensive partnership is Sako and Skittles, but Lovren who is out of form and low on confidence is preferred simply because BR signed him for a high fee.

I am not sure the players go onto the field knowing what is expected of them, and what the tactics are. We look so disorganised it looks like Sunday football. I also no longer care what BR says after the game and during press conferences. The last back room staff were axed and I feel the new team is not working either. The so called transfer committee. Is a joke.

It's time for BR to go. There are two world class managers out of work, and both will fancy this challenge as we have the infrastructure, money and squad to win this.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion