Brendan Rogers - Some Interesting Reading

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rimetto » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:09 pm

http://t.co/HFpn5VTJ

i think this give you more insight in to his thoughts on the game >>>>> i'm excited about getting back to playing attacking football
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I think Reina and Agger will love Rodgers...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 am

The more I read, the more excited I get about this move. Kudos to FSG.  :unclesam:

Change will take time, but this is a positive move by the owners I think. At first I wondered about their ambition, but I see their ambition here - a young man, who plays a positive brand of football, someone we can build a future on. Time will tell of course, but right now I'm enjoying what I'm hearing and looking forward to the ride.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:28 am

We've experienced so much disappointments with our managers in recent years in terms of winning the PL or being title contenders at least. Rafa won the CL in his first season and came 2nd in 08/09 season but faded away in his last season. Hodgson, sigh.... no need to say anymore. The King came back and made a great impact in the 2nd half of 10/11 season thrashing manure, city and the unforgettable draw at the Emirates stadium telling Wenger to F**k off at the end of the match, lifted us to 6th from the relegation zone. When the 11/12 season started we all had high hopes in the King and his new signings. Fast forward 9 months later, it was a season best to forget. Now we have Buck Rodgers who said all the right things getting us to play good possession and attacking football.

He said there are 3 types of fans. 1st, those who will back the manager till the end regardless of his performance. 2nd, those who will only respect the manager if he performs well. 3rd, those who are never satisfied with the manager like if the team wins 4-0, they'd complain it should be 5.

For me, based on what happened in the past, I prefer to be the 2nd type. I am curious to find out whether he can put his words to results.
alwayslfc

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:03 am

I like Brendan Rodgers, but I don't like when a coach says Spain has been a model for many years and look at Barcelona.

Let me be clear. Spain has been the most underachiever country ever. Let's get our facts right, Liverpool have more CL cups than Barcelona.

My point? Trying to emulate Barcelona and/or Spain, most often than not, will lead to failure. Why? Because that only works when you ave a very SPECIFIC players doing it for you. You will see what happens when Iniesta, Xavi and Xabi are gone. Spain will still pass, for sure, but will be out in the quarters of final again.

So, posession? Yes. Good pressing? Yes. But forget about Barcelona and Spain, that's not a model unless you have a rare combination of players and talent that only come every 89 years. Liverpool have more CL cups than Barcelona for a reason, you know.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Sabre » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:03 am wrote:I like Brendan Rodgers, but I don't like when a coach says Spain has been a model for many years and look at Barcelona.

Let me be clear. Spain has been the most underachiever country ever. Let's get our facts right, Liverpool have more CL cups than Barcelona.

My point? Trying to emulate Barcelona and/or Spain, most often than not, will lead to failure. Why? Because that only works when you ave a very SPECIFIC players doing it for you. You will see what happens when Iniesta, Xavi and Xabi are gone. Spain will still pass, for sure, but will be out in the quarters of final again.

So, posession? Yes. Good pressing? Yes. But forget about Barcelona and Spain, that's not a model unless you have a rare combination of players and talent that only come every 89 years. Liverpool have more CL cups than Barcelona for a reason, you know.

Exactly what i have been saying
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:57 pm

alwayslfc » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:28 am wrote:We've experienced so much disappointments with our managers in recent years in terms of winning the PL or being title contenders at least. Rafa won the CL in his first season and came 2nd in 08/09 season but faded away in his last season. Hodgson, sigh.... no need to say anymore. The King came back and made a great impact in the 2nd half of 10/11 season thrashing manure, city and the unforgettable draw at the Emirates stadium telling Wenger to F**k off at the end of the match, lifted us to 6th from the relegation zone. When the 11/12 season started we all had high hopes in the King and his new signings. Fast forward 9 months later, it was a season best to forget. Now we have Buck Rodgers who said all the right things getting us to play good possession and attacking football.

He said there are 3 types of fans. 1st, those who will back the manager till the end regardless of his performance. 2nd, those who will only respect the manager if he performs well. 3rd, those who are never satisfied with the manager like if the team wins 4-0, they'd complain it should be 5.

For me, based on what happened in the past, I prefer to be the 2nd type. I am curious to find out whether he can put his words to results.

the fact you called him Buck Rodgers alone makes you the type of fan we can do without so your post is null and void.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:08 am

Buck Rodgers is a nickname used by many.
Benny The Noon

Postby babu » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:38 am

Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:08 am wrote:Buck Rodgers is a nickname used by many.

Gotta tell you, I don't like it. Just because its used by many doesn't mean its ok, its still disrespectful. I was never comfortable with the whole 'Woy' thing either.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:47 am

Why is it disrespectful ?!

If the Kop start giving you a nickname ( that doesn't take ***** out of a speech impediment ) then they are warming to the person !

For decades we have given people songs and nicknames and Buck is one

Woy was a pisstake out of the person - Buck isn't. Big massive difference.
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:59 am

babu » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:38 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:08 am wrote:Buck Rodgers is a nickname used by many.

Gotta tell you, I don't like it. Just because its used by many doesn't mean its ok, its still disrespectful. I was never comfortable with the whole 'Woy' thing either.

I take your point on "Woy" but how is referinng to the manager as "Buck" Rodgers disrespectful ? Some nicknames can be abusive or disrecptful but most nicknames are generally nothing more than a jocular display of affection for a player and signifies a  "relationship" between the player his team mates and fans.

Was Alan Kennedy disrespected when he was referred to as "Barney Rubble" Steve McManaman as "Shaggy", John Barnes as "Digger" Fernando Torres as "El Nino", Robbie Fowler as "God" or Kenny Dalglish as "King"

Christs sake, can't believe that some are apparently genuinely upset that another member referred to our manager as "Buck" Rodgers"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:07 am

not 'upset' I just think it's a bit rude but worse things happen in life so crack on, as you were
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:16 am

I refer to Roy as Woy not because I'm racist, sexist or taking the ***** that he has a lisp but as a gut felt cry of frustration as still being in disbelief that he was ever appointed, that he was allowed to buy the shocking players that he did and that he had the gall to pretend he was a victim. He seemed unfazed as we wallowed in the lower half and every time he opened his mouth he dropped a clanger. The whole episode was shocking and in calling him Woy I show my disgust.

That said, calling someone Woy is pretty light compared what I've been called over the years so these things need to be taken in context.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:42 am

redno7 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:07 am wrote:not 'upset' I just think it's a bit rude but worse things happen in life so crack on, as you were

Yet you told him he was a fan "we could do with out" on a post nearly 12 months ago.
Benny The Noon

Postby redno7 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:28 pm

and YOU thought you'd chirp in? your obsessed. leave me alone you wierdo
redno7
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion